Crosby's Statement Game.

devilsrule33

Pittsburgh is beating Washington 7-1 in round two of Crosby vs. Ovechkin and Crosby is going to win this round.

Crosby has a goal and 3 assists and is playing like a man who is possessed tonight. He has some highlight reel passes as well.

Ovechkin has a goal.

This was a big game for Crosby since everyone has written him off as the rookie of the year and he stepped up tonight. This guy is just unreal.

The day after Lemiuex retires, Crosby takes the torch and is showing that he is the leader of this team.

Also, how about the vets. LeClair and Recchi each have two goals.

Edited by devilsrule33

To add injury to insult, Ovechkin got speared really badly in the groinular area. He was down for a long, long time. He did come back, though. It looked like the guy meant to hold him up but landed the point of his stick in the magic spot. Definitely not intent to injure.

-Dan

To add injury to insult, Ovechkin got speared really badly in the groinular area. He was down for a long, long time. He did come back, though. It looked like the guy meant to hold him up but landed the point of his stick in the magic spot. Definitely not intent to injure.

-Dan

Ouch, poor guy!

-Dan

I was just watching the highlights of the game and you can read Ovechkin's lips while he is down saying, "My balls, my balls,"

Anyways, I suggest people watch the highlights of the game. Crosby had some great passes and a sweet goal where he kicked it through a defender's legs onto his stick and put it in.

I was just watching the highlights of the game and you can read Ovechkin's lips while he is down saying, "My balls, my balls,"

Great presence of mind considering English isn't his native tongue! :lol:

How do you say gonads in Russian I wonder :unsure:

ANYHOW... Crosby's "statement" is all well and good and stuff... but Mario doesn't retire every night and not every team has a player considered Crosby's better as Ovechkin is. Sometimes in situations like this where guys pick it up--- it's almost a sign of their weakness to me. In this case I'm OK chalking up to his youth and inexperience. He's a remarkable player dont get me wrong. But if what you're saying is true I'd actually think less of him given the whole picture.

Edited by Darwindog

Boo Cindy!!

YAy Ovechkin!!

:giggle: Care less what Cindy does, blah!

Ovechkin's goal was sick tho. Sure Fleury wasn't paying attention to him but for Ovechkin to snipe that extreme top corner from that far away and that fast is insane.

Plus Ovechkin was, what looked like to me, purposely speared in the nuts at the end of the 2nd period and that will definitely slow you down in the 3rd. The Pens announcers were saying that Whitney was trying to lift the stick of Ovechkin's but he was nowhere near his stick...

Crosby's passes were pretty sick, I like passes, however the 2 good ones that I saw (both to Recchi) were on the PP and the Pens broadcast showed an interesting stat sometime in the 2nd period: Crosby's last even strength point came on Jan. 3rd. I don't know if he got any even strength points in the 3rd, I didn't watch that period, but that's still a long time for the next great one to not get a point on even strength...especially with all that vet help.

I still can't get Doc's call of the November 16, Pens vs. Flyers. The 3-2 game in OT on OLN.

"Here's Crosby on a breakaway, the game on his stick, SCORE!!! Sidney Crosby in Overtime! And the Penguins win it 3-2"

God damn you Doc, you're simply the best at sh!t like that.

That's Crosby's statement game. That was also the game Croz got his teeth knocked out by Hatcher.