Devils Sign Letter of Intent to Buy Lock Monsters

Devilsdude530

Just out of curiousity, what could Lou have done differently? I'm not asking because I think he did whatever he could but to know what he should have done in your opinion.

Other teams have had no problem with bringing in AHL veterans who haven't been able to crack the NHL to help bolster their squads. Lou preferred to let his farm team sink or swim based on how he'd been drafting. Granted, he did try to bring in some veterans here and there, but they rarely seemed to do any good. It's as if he didn't care one bit about trying to win any games at all, just as long as the one or two players who had a chance at making the Devils' lineup were able to "develop".

Rowdy said it perfectly sammy. Lou has continually ignored the well-being of the Rats, letting us slip farther and farther in the standings until we hit bottom, and then we got stuck there with no hope of moving back up. The fans here have absolutely had it with the Devils and we finally pushed them out of Albany. Even the sportscasters on the local news are happy and have said so on the air tonight. One said if he had balloons and confetti, he'd be having a party right now because of how poorly the Devils have treated us lately. (Click here for the footage, then click on "Rats and Devils Change Partners" It's right after the first weather commercial.

Mogilny is the biggest waste of money I've ever seen. He doesn't play in back to back games and can't be bothered to show up to most practices, which is obvious when he does decide to play. He's nothing but a prima donna collecting his 3.5M that he doesn't deserve in the first place.

Edited by Fidgetess

The Amish team would have to make their own equipment!

can you say HORSE DRAWN ZAMBONI :D

Hershey's not too far from Amish country, I think.

I'm in Oxford just a short ride from Amish country

:rofl:(what am I talkin about I have a Amish farm behind me and their horses shiat on my road) :rofl:

and Hershey is only about a 30-45 min ride. I have yet to make it to

a game out there.

Edited by Devilish34

I've been going to Rats game for years, and I could really care less about whether Lou signs vets to bolster the club or not. Sure, it's tough to lose quite often, but, I mean, if it's for the well-being of the Devils, I don't have a big problem with it. I sort of enjoy seeing one of the youngest teams compete.

I think the lack of draftees developing in the minors and going on to New Jersey was more a result of just poor drafting and the Devils striving for the Cup. Recently, the drafting has been better, and you can tell with the quality of players in Albany now compared to say 2002.

I duno, I'm not really pissed.

Edited by Voros19

I think the lack of draftees developing in the minors and going on to New Jersey was more a result of just poor drafting and the Devils striving for the Cup. Recently, the drafting has been better, and you can tell with the quality of players in Albany now compared to say 2002.

This is true. The drafting's been getting better as has the quality of players coming through Albany, and it's too bad we're not going to be able to see them develop. However, the fans here just won't put up with the losing anymore. I think a lot of it has to do with a lot of Rats fans not being Devils fans, so they don't get to see both sides of the issue like we do... and even then people can be pissed. Just look at Fidgetess's reaction. She's a Rats fan AND a Devils fan, and she's all too happy to see this relationship end. She's definitely not alone around here.

Rowdy, are you a Rats fan first and a Devils fan second?

I've always said as much, though I've found myself paying more attention to the Devils than the Rats as of late.

If they switch will you also become a fan of Team X that takes over? Just curious.

Sir no sir. I'm still a Devils fan. Became a Devs fan when I first got into sports (coincidentally, it was right when the Rats were starting up), no reason to change. Besides, it's against the rules.

If you'tr a Devs fans you're an Albany fan too to a lesser extent. I follow them as much as I can from here. I feel a lil sense of loss too. As the year started out I really thought they'd be better, and place better in the standings. Wonder if lou felt the same? This to me only proves our drafting (with few exceptions) has really sucked in the last 5-7 yrs.

Sir no sir. I'm still a Devils fan. Became a Devs fan when I first got into sports (coincidentally, it was right when the Rats were starting up), no reason to change. Besides, it's against the rules.

(Yes, I'm talking to you, Janet Jones. Nobody likes a Sports Traitor. Turn in your driver's license, turn in your passport and take a hike. If you like Canada so much, move there. How come nobody is making a big deal out of this? TRAITOR! TRAITOR!) :giggle: