OLN's Playoff Coverage

Devilsdude530

OLN UNVEILS EXPANSIVE, MULTI-TIERED NHL PLAYOFFS PLANS TO CELEBRATE QUEST FOR THE CUP

In Addition to Game Coverage, Net Adds Hockey-Themed

Programming to Run Throughout the NHL Playoffs

ATLANTA, GA (April 9, 2006) - OLN, the cable home of the National Hockey League, today unveiled multi-tiered plans for the NHL playoffs, which center around the network

wow

what a concept

a network that cares about the sport busting its ass to give it's fans not only good coverage but excellent content beyond the current games

this is more work then ESPN did in the entire TEN YEARS of "covering" the NHL!!!

I just get grumpy when I see the cable bill.. it's the principal of the thing :rant:

ok... and I forgot about the whole playoffs thing.. it just didn't even enter into my head. :saddevil:

Yah, I'm no fan of that bill either.

Digital Cable was $80. No DVR, no HD, decent amount of channels and just HBO as an add on.

Dish Network is $80. DVR, 3 TVs connected, HD programming and more channels but no premium channels.

Such a deal.

wow

what a concept

a network that cares about the sport busting its ass to give it's fans not only good coverage but excellent content beyond the current games

this is more work then ESPN did in the entire TEN YEARS of "covering" the NHL!!!

Sure...ESPN was supposed to give the NHL the spotlight every single night of the week with the fantastic ratings they got. Forget basketball or baseball, or any NFL Draft shows...Rome or PTI that get big ratings for the NHL.

OLN doesn't have anything else but the NHL to show so it is pretty easy for them to show non stop hockey coverage.

Sure...ESPN was supposed to give the NHL the spotlight every single night of the week with the fantastic ratings they got. Forget basketball or baseball, or any NFL Draft shows...Rome or PTI that get big ratings for the NHL.

OLN doesn't have anything else but the NHL to show so it is pretty easy for them to show non stop hockey coverage.

You don't get to see enough ESPN in Ottawa to know what I'm talking about :P

I'm talking about National POKER Night during the NHL Playoffs...

I'm talking quality of commercials (the NBA gets those well produced, hi-tech commercials with the infectiously painful Black Eyed Peas song, and the NHL gets a GUY IN A FACTORY)

I'm talking about announcers that care so little they can't get names right in the Stanley Cup Finals, who blatantly admit their homerisms having an on-air funeral as San Jose ousts Colorado to make theie first ever trip to the Western Finals while Clement holds back tears... and I won't even get into the debacle of the 2003 Finals either

I don't expect ESPN to make the NHL their darling, but they spent more money on the toilet paper to clean up the sh!tting they did on the NHL instead of actually promoting and airing the game in a POSITIVE light, that's what I meant about "caring about the game".... before Disney bought ESPN/ABC they had such caring for the sport of hockey