OGT:Flyers @ Devils

overtime98

Great first period for the Devils. Hopefully they keep it up through the next 2. One thing that I noticed is that every line is generating some offensive pressure, hell even Janssen had a slight breakaway :P. When it came time for defense everyone did well. Congrats to Gionta on 46, what a sweet backhand it was to get that goal.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great first period for the Devils. Hopefully they keep it up through the next 2. One thing that I noticed is that every line is generating some offensive pressure, hell even Janssen had a slight breakaway :P. When it came time for defense everyone did well. Congrats to Gionta on 46, what a sweet backhand it was to get that goal.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20052006/GS021188.HTM

Parise got the goal.

Uhm, did Sarge understand the last question there? :unsure:

It looks like Gio is going to get two or three ovations. (one false alarm, tying goal, breaking goal)

I saw Parise asking Gio on the bench if he (Zach) touched the puck on the way in and Gio just shrugged his shoulders. I could just read Brians mind "Hey, I did all the hard work.... I want that goal, pup!" :P

When I looked at the replay I saw that it was tipped, but wasn't sure if it was tipped by Zach or a Flyer.

Edited by Don

Uhm, did Sarge understand the last question there? :unsure:

I saw Parise asking Gio on the bench if he (Zach) touched the puck on the way in and Gio just shrugged his shoulders. I could just read Brians mind "Hey, I did all the hard work.... I want that goal, pup!" :P

What was the Q & A?

I bet Gionta's shrug was genuine, he probably doesn't care that much. Seems to be that sort of person but who knows.

Ovechkin got his 50th btw

I think that makes four 50 goal scorers this season.

Sammy:

The question posed to Sarge was "Everyone can see the string of stitches that you have and the black eye. Is there any problem with vision? How are you feeling in general?" and Brylin responded "Fine. We got a big win against the Rangers on the weekend and continued our recent success through the Carolina game. Everything seems to be coming together."

BTW - I know the game is only half over, but I can't remember the Devils playing this dominantly in a game for a while. Through the win streak, many of the games have been by one goal or even overtime games. Though, for those hoping for the bounces to go against us tonight due to law of averages, I don't think the post shots count because, well, Madden always hits the post. And other than that, the offsides goal on Brodeur and the bounce of the D-man on the PP, bounces still going our way.

I Love it when a plan comes together. :devil:

Now it's time for our Devils to handle that circus we like to call the 3rd period. :dizzy: