Thundersticks

'7'

Hopefully the thundersticks' packages getting tossed to the ice, will be their demise.

A long long time ago (1988) :rolleyes: when the Devils played the Bruins in the playoffs they gave out plastic megaphones. The conical shape of the megaphone is really good for throwing. Throw in really horrid officiating and a win by the Bruins. (It might have been the "donut" game.) The megaphones littered the ice. They were NEVER given out again.

As for the beachballs, that first playoff year they were all over the arena. After all it was a celebration of the Devils finally making the playoffs. It's not as popular as it once was (A good thing since during play I like to watch the game. I can't believe people pay all that money to watch a playoff hockey game, instead they watch a beachball going around the stands.) :noclue:

BTW The guy behind me was annoying as hell with the thundersticks. Aside from brushing my head, he couldn't keep time to the music. B )

Edited by Rock

yes, /me thinks they'll go back to Pom-Poms.

or simply inflate the Thundersticks when they are given out.

although, for a once-in-a-lifetime thing, it was pretty cool to be there last night and see everything raining down.

The best was seeing Brodeur cruched in his net, and steering away the debris that got near him.

I remember going to a Nets game back in the 03 playoffs and my friend inflated his thundersticks and the kid behind him said: "is that necessary?". Then at least, 5 minutes later he took his out and starting playing with them. I was like "what the !@#$" LOL funny story had to share.

After the way Doc and Chico blasted those "cds" getting thrown on the ice for the hat trick.. I would not be surprised.

They were too funny.. you would think after all this time they would know what the heck those packets are.

Also, people complaining about the noise at games: you really need to stop. I'm not happy that the radio plays Linkin Park over the Replacements, or that Slayer isn't played on the organ during games, but complaining about such things is for ineffectual curmudgeons. We're all getting old. Deal.

I never even thought about it......Raining Blood on the organ would fvckin rock!

gthe paper helmets from the cryers are really really really entertaining.