Game 4 *VERY* important

Don

2001. People said our achilles heel was being able to finish teams off. And they were exactly correct. We would get teams to the brink of elimination and let them right back into the series.

We wasted a LOT of effort needlessly in the opening rounds. We had Carolina down 3-0 and we took the foot off the gas and they made a series of it.

Gotta close this series out NOW.... we'll need the energy to play teams like Buffalo, Ottawa, etc.

Yeah, this series must be finished ASAP. The Devils need all the momentum a sweep brings to move foward in the playoffs.

But being a Devils fan, I can't escape the gnawing feeling that they will lose game 4. I did however think they would lose game 3 and they surprised me. :evil: But the 4th win is the toughest to get, and tougher it seems for the Devils. Dallas is on the brink but after they blew game three, I think Colorado could play with brooms instead sticks and still complete the sweep.

Edited by LizDevil30

Just look back to 2003 had the Bruins 3-0 lost game 4 then won game 5. Than the Sens series had the 3-1 lead and ended up going to a game 7. Must win game 4.

Why is Saturday so dar away.

2003 is a bad example. Finishing a team off in 5 is not letting the series get out of hand. Win 3, lose 1, Win 1. Sounds like a pretty good showing to me. We were easily the best team in the series.

In the Ottawa series, we stole that lead. They were all closely contested games... I think the Sens were the better team, but we came through with heart and luck.

Losing to the rags more than once is UNEXCUSABLE. We can excuse 1 game, but I want to see the 4-0. That said, teams that sweep often struggle in the next round because of the layoff. So a 5 game series wouldnt be bad.

I expect the rags to play their hearst outon game 4, they DONOT want Jersey winning the series on their ice.

Devs ned to wim in 4 or 5, no matter either way, if it goes to 6 games I think Whte comes back, I'd like to see him get another week off...

I think they're beat mentally now, just like we did to the Leafs in 2001.

It will be much like last night, perimeter play in the offensive zone & running around in the defensive zone.

They've lost 10 straight, haven't had a lead in nearly 7 of those games, can't score more than 2 goals.

The Rags may not lose, but I can't see their game being much different than last night's performance.

Interesting stat:

Every time the Devils win 4 games in a series, they advance to the next round.

That 4th win *is* important!

:doh1:

Keys to winning game 4:

Score more goals than the Rangers

Dont let the Rangers score more than we do

Marty cant let in more goals than Henry

Henry has to let up more goals than Marty

:doh1:

Keys to winning game 4:

Score more goals than the Rangers

Dont let the Rangers score more than we do

Marty cant let in more goals than Henry

Henry has to let up more goals than Marty

Since we're being all Yogi Berra:

The Main Key to Winning Game 4 is to not to lose!

2003 is a bad example. Finishing a team off in 5 is not letting the series get out of hand. Win 3, lose 1, Win 1. Sounds like a pretty good showing to me. We were easily the best team in the series.

In the Ottawa series, we stole that lead. They were all closely contested games... I think the Sens were the better team, but we came through with heart and luck.

Losing to the rags more than once is UNEXCUSABLE. We can excuse 1 game, but I want to see the 4-0. That said, teams that sweep often struggle in the next round because of the layoff. So a 5 game series wouldnt be bad.

Very true. Those 2 just stick out in my mind cuz I was at game 4 in Boston and I really wanted to see them finish it off and I lost a bet with a coworker. The Ottawa one I hurt my hand while punching the couch when game 6 was over. Should be soft right? Nope I hit right where the wood part was.