Oilers-Ducks Game 5

Satans Hockey

Now, as for the Ducks...Just because I appreciate what Niedermayer did here doesn't mean I have to root for him when he leaves. That would mean rooting for Rob, his pain-in-the-butt mother and the 2003 talk-show circuit wonder Giggy-puff, who I don't have to like if I don't want to.

My words almost exactly.

I still like Friesen, and I still like Niedermayer... but I feel a little betrayed by him, (though like you said it was his choice to leave, and that's fine)... but cheering for the Ducks meant cheering for what you said too, and I don't want to do that.

Plus everyone seems to be against having the words "Mighty Ducks" on the Cup.

It's a shame though, because I do like Brian Burke.

He took a worse team then NJ to the West Finals, 1 round farther then NJ went.

Sure, he might have taken them one round further... but in the end there's only one team left standing. A second round exit to me is the same as a third round exit. Only thing is you get to cheer for your team a little longer.

Plus, I don't mind grouchy mom Nieds not rooting for Scott, but being so public about it and seeing her sourpuss expression when Rob didn't win was a bit much.

I remember the look on her face.

Edited by RolandNJD

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be sour.......but

Niedermayer played poorly in this series. He was shaky in his own zone, especially when pushed to use his body by Oiler forwards. He had a lot of turnovers in the neutral zone, although I cant fault him, as he was trying to make things happen and obviously pushed some plays that normally he might not have made. I just was surprised to see how uncharacteristically sloppy he played at times in this series and even in the first series.

That said, he basically was the reason this team went to the playoffs, and he carried them for stretches this season.

As for Rob, he got outplayed nearly every time i saw him on the ice.

The player who surprised me the most was Getzlaf.

Want a tissue...hockey is a business and your saviour Lou has lowballed Niedermayer in the past, sent respectable veterans to the AHL, traded loyal players right after he bought a house (Friesen). Niedermayer did what he felt was best for his life, he wanted to be closer to home and play with his brother. He took a worse team then NJ to the West Finals, 1 round farther then NJ went.

I respect what he has done even though I wish he was a devil. I hope he continues to have a great career and makes it into the HHOF, no doubt he will enter as a Devil through and through.

Good post, I can't argue with that.

Plus, I don't mind grouchy mom Nieds not rooting for Scott, but being so public about it and seeing her sourpuss expression when Rob didn't win was a bit much.

How is that her fault? If the media asked her she's going to answer. Not like she held a press conference to announce her support for Rob. Also, if she's upset she's going make a sourpuss expression, don't we all She can't control it if the camera points at her.

Want a tissue...hockey is a business and your saviour Lou has lowballed Niedermayer in the past, sent respectable veterans to the AHL, traded loyal players right after he bought a house (Friesen). Niedermayer did what he felt was best for his life, he wanted to be closer to home and play with his brother. He took a worse team then NJ to the West Finals, 1 round farther then NJ went.

I respect what he has done even though I wish he was a devil. I hope he continues to have a great career and makes it into the HHOF, no doubt he will enter as a Devil through and through.

Anaheim is real close to Cranbrook. I don't care if he's good or how far he took the quacks (how far did the Devils go with him as captain?) I'll show him as much love as Holik.

Lou does those things for the team.

I haven't posted for a while, but I have to say that I'm disappointed by many of the posts on the board regarding Niedermayer. I know the fact that I'm a fan makes me biased towards him, but the utter abuse spewed towards a player who, at the end of the day, was a major reason for the Devil's success over the past decade is, for me, a poor reflection on character.

By all means we should feel put-out. Sport is something that rouses the passions and heats the blood, but we shouldn't forget to be respectful and to be civilised. Nieds didn't even leave for money- if that were the case then perhaps the vitriol would be more justifiable, instead he left for family. His mother may be a bit of a sh!t, but we can't choose our relations. He did great service to the Devils and to hate him and abuse him for chosing to spend the final years of his career with his brother is wholly injust.

I'm not saying we have to like him anymore, or that we have to cheer him on, just that the decision for change doesn't negate all the good previously done. Remember the good and look upon his decision with regret, not hatred. He may be playing for a ridiculous organisation, and I for one don't wish to see 'Mighty Ducks' on the Cup either, but for God's sake, give the man a break.

Look on his works and be proud that we had him once, that he is what he is because he was a Devil. There can be no greater reflection on the team than that.

Are you trying to say this is not a dream come true?

:beerbang:

NO it's great, i can't wait for Sabres to sweep them in 4 and take away their bandwagoner fans hopes...mwuahhhhhhhhhhh :koolaid: If i see another OIlers flag flying in Winnipeg i'm gonna go crazy..CRAZYYYYYYY

NO it's great, i can't wait for Sabres to sweep them in 4 and take away their bandwagoner fans hopes...mwuahhhhhhhhhhh :koolaid: If i see another OIlers flag flying in Winnipeg i'm gonna go crazy..CRAZYYYYYYY

Uh...shouldn't you quit while you're ahead? :giggle:

Oilers suck suck suck ;) Hey let's see if Roli "shake his helmet off" the goalie will put up more antics in the SCF.

That guy is a complete p***y :angry:

fvck the devils

Go Oilers Go!

This stupid board will not let me type the f word.Politically correct huh? What a joke!

Why are you here? Go to an Oilers board. A lot of Devil fans here supported/still support the Oilers. Your comments have been out of line, but whatever, bye troll.

fvck the devils

Go Oilers Go!

This stupid board will not let me type the f word.Politically correct huh? What a joke!

Are you a moron, or just acting like one? Do you honestly expect everyone to jump on the Oilers bandwagon? Give it a rest. This is a Devils board and you are an Oilers fan. A little out of your jurisdiction aren't you!? I think a lot of people were rooting for the Oilers before your stupid comments bashing the Devils. Good going.

Go Buffalo!

F the Oilers.