Official Roster

Jdub

So what are the thoughts of the official roster??

Right now we are at 30 players:

Bergfors, Nicklas 5-11 190 C R Sodertalje, Sweden 03/07/1987

Brooks, Alex 6-1 195 D R Madison, WI 08/21/1976

Clarkson, David 6-1 205 RW R Mimico, Ont. 03/31/1984

Davis, Patrick 6-3 205 LW R Sterling, MI 12/28/1986

Doyle, Frank 6-1 185 G L Guelph, Ont. 09/08/1980

Foster, Adrian 6-0 200 C L Lethbridge, Alta. 01/15/1982

Fraser, Mark 6-4 210 D L Ottawa, Ont. 09/29/1986

Gionta, Stephen 5-7 185 LW R Rochester, NY 10/09/1983

Greene, Andy 5-11 195 D L Trenton, MI 10/30/1982

Harant, Tomas 6-3 205 D L Zilina, Svk. 04/28/1980

Khomutov, Ivan 6-3 210 C L Saratov, Rus. 03/11/1985

Letourneau-Leblond, P.L. 6-2 215 LW L Levis, Que. 06/04/1985

Magnan, Olivier 6-2 200 D L Sherbrooke, QC 03/13/1982

Malmivaara, Olli 6-7 220 D L Kajaani, Finland 03/13/1982

Marshall, Grant 6-1 200 RW R Mississauga, Ont. 06/09/1973

McGillis, Dan 6-3 220 D L Hawkesbury, Ont. 07/01/1972

Miller, Bryan 5-10 195 D R Wayne, NJ 02/17/1983

Minard, Chris 6-1 200 C L Owen Sound, ON 11/18/1981

Mottau, Mike 6-0 190 D L Quincy, MA 03/19/1978

Murphy, Ryan 6-1 205 LW L Van Nuys, CA 03/21/1979

Naumenko, Gregg 6-0 205 G L Chicago, IL 03/30/1977

Pandolfo, Mike 6-3 225 LW L Winchester, MA 09/15/1979

Papineau, Justin 5-11 205 C L Ottawa, ON 01/15/1980

Parise, Jordan 5-11 195 G L Faribault, MN 09/19/1982

Pelley, Rod 6-0 200 C L Kitimat, BC 09/01/1984

Pihlman, Tuomas 6-2 215 LW L Espoo, Fin. 11/13/1982

Ryznar, Jason 6-4 205 LW L Anchorage, AK 02/19/1983

Tallackson, Barry 6-5 210 RW R Grafton, ND 04/14/1983

Voros, Aaron 6-4 205 RW L Vancouver, B.C. 07/02/1981

Vrana, Petr 5-10 190 LW L Sternberk, Czech. Rep 03/29/1985

you figure that they will keep 22 players in albany and 7 will go to trenton.

Goalies:

Frank Doyle (Starter)

Gregg Naumenko

Defense:

Mottau/McGillis

Miller/Brooks

Greene/Harant

Malmivaara (7th dman)

Fowards:

Tallackson/Papineau/Bergfors

Gionta/Vrana/Marshall

Ryznar/Khomutov/Minard

Pihlman/Voros/Clarkson

Pandolfo (13th Foward)

TRENTON:

Parise (starter)

Davis/Pelley/Murphy

Leblond/Foster

Magnan/Fraser

Any Thoughts?????

I looked at the Trenton roster, as of yesterday they only had 8 players. So with seven Lowell Devils they are still short 5 players to ice a team with no subs. Hopefully they will get a few more from the Flyers. The thing to worry for next year is: Will the Devils have enough players to stock both minor league clubs? This is assuming the Flyers affiliation with Trenton ends.

I looked at the Trenton roster, as of yesterday they only had 8 players. So with seven Lowell Devils they are still short 5 players to ice a team with no subs. Hopefully they will get a few more from the Flyers. The thing to worry for next year is: Will the Devils have enough players to stock both minor league clubs? This is assuming the Flyers affiliation with Trenton ends.

Titans have about 17 guys signed but the contracts are pretty much meaningless at our level a good portion of those guys won't make it out of camp. At best we usually get 3 skaters and goalie from the Phantoms (according to the offical agreement) but I highly doubt they cooperate much this year. Hopefully they'll pass on the goalie this year Beauchemin was dreadful last year and Chris Houle the year before never got off the bench in a meanful game when we won the cup.

Not sure why the Devils are dragging their feet in sending guys down, most other AHL teams have already started sending guys down, in fact the Devils are only one of a few that have not. We're anxiously looking forward to working with the Devils. The Titans were pretty much doomed under the old ownership, the cost of winning in 04-05 sent them over the edge and there motto from that point forward was cutting costs.

You guys looked like your roster is stacked, hope you have a great season and get to see some great prospects and exciting hockey.

I'd appreciate any toughts you guys might have regarding who may end up in Trenton. Looks like there's some real young guys on the roster that could psoobily be heading back to Jr's.

Thanks Jdub for posting your thoughts.

Edited by titans04

This is only guesswork but these are some guys who you might possibly see down in Trenton:

Demoted to Lowell during training camp:

LW Patrick Davis

LW Mike Pandolfo

C Chris Minard

C Rod Pelley

RW P.L. Letourneau-Leblond

D Mark Fraser

D Olivier Magnan

G Gregg Naumenko

No reports of transactions with the following players:

I don't know where training camp invitees LW Tuomas Pihlman, RW Nathan Perrott, RW Benoit Mondou, D Nate Kiser, and D Eric Lundberg went. So, unless they've been released as free agents, you may see one of these guys as well.

Along with the NJ Devils, the Lowell Devils open their season tonight as well. When we see what players play tonight, that may give us a better idea of who's sticking around and who may be headed to Trenton.

P.S. I hope the Devls keep Scott Bertoli with Trenton after this season.

Titans have about 17 guys signed but the contracts are pretty much meaningless at our level a good portion of those guys won't make it out of camp. At best we usually get 3 skaters and goalie from the Phantoms (according to the offical agreement) but I highly doubt they cooperate much this year. Hopefully they'll pass on the goalie this year Beauchemin was dreadful last year and Chris Houle the year before never got off the bench in a meanful game when we won the cup.

Not sure why the Devils are dragging their feet in sending guys down, most other AHL teams have already started sending guys down, in fact the Devils are only one of a few that have not. We're anxiously looking forward to working with the Devils. The Titans were pretty much doomed under the old ownership, the cost of winning in 04-05 sent them over the edge and there motto from that point forward was cutting costs.

You guys looked like your roster is stacked, hope you have a great season and get to see some great prospects and exciting hockey.

I'd appreciate any toughts you guys might have regarding who may end up in Trenton. Looks like there's some real young guys on the roster that could psoobily be heading back to Jr's.

Thanks Jdub for posting your thoughts.

Good Luck tonight.

Here's the guys listed on the camp roster - which really doesn't mean a thing.

Les Haggett, C; Jim Henkel, C; Gregg Johnson, C; Mike Manley, C; Chris Cava (vet), D; Matt Davis, D; Jerramie Domish, D; James Pemberton, D; Rosario Ruggeri, D; Peter Tormey, D; Brian Yandle, D; Terry Denike, G; Joel Martin, G; Scott Selig, L/C; Justin Maiser, LW; Mark Pandolfo, LW; Brian Shalanhammer, LW; Peter Zingoni, LW; Scott Bertoli (vet), LW; Brian McConnell, LW/C; Alex Goupil, RW; Scott Sheppard, RW; Rob Sich, RW.

Mark Pandolfo was a late addition. Kiser's rights are held by the Stingrays in our league.

Bertoli will not go anywhere he took the head coaching job at Princeton Day School. He'll practice and play with us but he's looking towards the future. Last year he got a token call-up by Norfolk thanks to Mike Haviland a close friend and coach that led us to the Championship the year before. Hopefully we'll see some guys in the nexy day or so from the Devils.

Interesting post titans - with the logjam up in Lowell, with several players who should be getting AHL time, you can see why there's trouble assigning players to the ECHL. Also, it used to be that players who played in the ECHL usually had little or no NHL potential - perhaps Lou and company don't feel that's the case anymore, or given the current state of affairs, they have to ship guys down to the E. I'd imagine Pierre-Luc Leblond-Letorneau is headed to the ECHL, as well as Minard and perhaps Magnan and/or Fraser.

McGillis could be headed for Trenton - while he should play in Lowell, the Devils may feel that holding their prospects back for his ice-time isn't worth it.

Edited by Triumph

I think now that they own both teams they will treat their minor league teams much better. My hope and guess is that they treat Trenton really well the first year just trying to make a impact that the fan base can't help but notice. The Flyers/Phantoms were a joke as a affliation, we certainly understand we're the feeder team for all the affliates but at some point it's gotta be a 2 way street. There were many times over the past couple years when they sat on guys rather then sending them 20 minutes down the road for games when we desperately needed bodies. We're excited to be associated and owned by a winner. Now if we could just get a few bodies we'll be all set.

Getting a guy like P. Letourneau-Leblond would be a great start!!

McGillis could be headed for Trenton - while he should play in Lowell, the Devils may feel that holding their prospects back for his ice-time isn't worth it.

Trenton can only have a 4 veterans, 2 are already taken, Henkel and Bertoli and im not sure about anyone else.

Not sure if everyone knows about that rule but for the people who don't heres the rules:

How many veteran players are allowed in the ECHL?

Each ECHL team shall be limited to four veteran players on its active roster during the hockey season (regular season and playoffs).

What constitutes a veteran player in the ECHL?

A veteran shall be defined as an individual who has played 288 regular season games of professional hockey. Provided however, any player signed to a NHL or AHL contract which contains an ECHL assignment provision shall be exempt from the foregoing rule. Notwithstanding the above, any player assigned to an ECHL member team on a NHL or AHL contract shall be deemed to be a veteran if said player is 24 years or older and has participated in 288 regular season professional hockey games as of the opening day of the season of said year.

What games count towards determining a player's veteran status?

Games played for the Olympic or National Team of any country do not count as professional games and will not be applicable toward the 288 professional games needed to be classified as a veteran. The ECHL will use the International Section of current and previous National Hockey League Year In Review books to determine professional games played outside North America. If a player

Trenton can only have a 4 veterans, 2 are already taken, Henkel and Bertoli and im not sure about anyone else.

Not sure if everyone knows about that rule but for the people who don't heres the rules:

How many veteran players are allowed in the ECHL?

Each ECHL team shall be limited to four veteran players on its active roster during the hockey season (regular season and playoffs).

What constitutes a veteran player in the ECHL?

A veteran shall be defined as an individual who has played 288 regular season games of professional hockey. Provided however, any player signed to a NHL or AHL contract which contains an ECHL assignment provision shall be exempt from the foregoing rule. Notwithstanding the above, any player assigned to an ECHL member team on a NHL or AHL contract shall be deemed to be a veteran if said player is 24 years or older and has participated in 288 regular season professional hockey games as of the opening day of the season of said year.

What games count towards determining a player's veteran status?

Games played for the Olympic or National Team of any country do not count as professional games and will not be applicable toward the 288 professional games needed to be classified as a veteran. The ECHL will use the International Section of current and previous National Hockey League Year In Review books to determine professional games played outside North America. If a player

Henkle is not a vet but Chris Cava is, so we only have 2. Pandolfo is a couple games short. The # if games dropped to 260, down from 288 as part of the CBA. Goalies are excluded from that rule.

sounds good, I just figured Henkel was a vet cause it seems like he has been around forever, I remember him winning with the Bullies back in 03 so I just figured he was a vet by now lol

sounds good, I just figured Henkel was a vet cause it seems like he has been around forever, I remember him winning with the Bullies back in 03 so I just figured he was a vet by now lol

Funny that's what I thought too. Selfishly we're wondering why it's taking so long for Lowell to send guys down. Henkel missed almost the entire season after winning with the Bullies with a serious wrist injury.