Trade Predictions

sundstrom

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Points?  Fantasy?  Add something in a constructive manner.  I log on to this site to see what people are thinking and gain some insight.  I learn from this site about a team that I have invested alot of money over the years because I have been a long time fan.  

I don't use this site for sarcasm to demean others (as you do because you have no life), but rather to find out information based on the Devs.

I don't care about "stars" next to my name, just answers to my questions or a response that will give me some insight to the game and the Devs in general.  You look to use this site as some kind of ego boost, and if that's the case there are millions over other places you can go to boost that ego.

There are many people on this board who have other agendas other than gaining some knowledge.  Perhaps YOU should leave it to the experts and grow up.  We're all fans of the same team here for the most part,  just looks like to many goofs (who pretend to be fans) want to get noticed on this board for the wrong reasons.  Looks like you belong in that category.

I'm Sorry Arena, but I really don't see what your so pissed about.

Is this thread not a game in which the idea is to predict a trade in order to get points? The first bit of my post was just a little joke that i put in there because i'd just seen the table of the score prediction game, with me right at the bottom. I wouldn't normaly care about "stars" next to my name in a serious thead, but I saw this as a game. I certanly wasn't trying to demean anyone and i've found this site is the best place to get devils information, with many respected members adding their thoughts.

Why would I often stay up untill 5:00am listening to devils games and chatting to other members if I wasn't a fan?

• 2 weeks later...
I think the Devils will try to get a big veteran player to be their 13th forward..like they did with Bob Corkum in 2001. Someone like Denis Pederson.

Perhaps an energy guy like Blake Sloan.

So I'll say Blake Sloan and a 4th for Brian Gionta.. shot in the dark, but I don't think anyone will get many points here.

That's all the Devils will do. This is not a good year for trading, the Devils don't have many assets and there aren't many teams selling for what the Devils will be offering.

So far, Triumph had the right idea. No points though because the wrong player came in. And the conditional pick earns nobody any points on this one.

Actually, this years trading deadline is ripe for trading, and a lot of it has already happened with Ozolinsh, Kovalev, etc.

The whole thing with the CBA after next season will send teams into a flurry of deals, and the devils have plenty of chips to offer in a trade.

I think Lou will do something that will surprise us.

Dumb people can sometimes be worth the most, lol

Hey, that's what my wife tells me all the time.

Turn on the ND CONN game as it looks like a classic. Not a big college bb fan here but good stuff. ESPN

Palffy for Danton; NJ will cover all the psychotherapy bills incurred over the last two years (probably around 4 million) plus what LA will have pay up over the next few years if this trade were to go through as proposed.

TO NJD: Palffy, and 3rd round pick

TO: LAK: Danton, Guolla, Gionta and Tivo

To NJ: Nolan, Hannan

To SJ: Berglund (Gionta), Danton, Tverdovsky plus a conditional pick.

I would love Ziggy, I just think Lou knows we need size and that Elias needed a good lashing to get him back on track. Elias will show up, he just has to grow up.

I see Nolan (not Teemu), wearing red and black. I hate speculation, but a deal with San Jose just makes sense as SJ is 15 points out of the race. SJ has inquired about Danton's availabilty for quite some time, I think it's just a matter of time.

I'll take Hannan at 6'1 220, but as he is a coveted player in the SJ organization, it would be tough to pry him away. Rathje?

I just want to see Nolan skating with Friesen and Pando!

• 2 weeks later...

So many choices....

Well, I'll start off with I don't know perhaps.......

SATAN from Sabres for Berglund, Gionta & some picks. IF Brian has to go somewhere then at least its closer to home.

Then lets say Wesley from the Canes for Danton & future considerations

Or the master will shock us all with a trade we have yet to contempklate....

Is there a limit to the number of guesse?

Drury & Yelle(or little Nieds) for Bicek & Ahonen

i know its topical and was mentioned in a another post, but I have a feeling we may see Brad May..... and maybe Selanne. I nix my previous prediction..which was Nolan. I think we will be parting with Gionta, Rupp and Tivo. Again I hope we hold on to Rupp, I'm a big supporter and like his style, but it seems others see him as one of the main bargaining chips if Gomer is off the table.