If We Were To Strip Stevens Of The "c"

SC Devs Fan

Stevens will not be stripped of the C period; if he got hurt however, then I guess logically you'd have to give it to Nieds. It'd be kind of unusual to make a guy who isn't an A (Niewy) the new C, though he'd be a more natural fit and he has been a captain before.

If that were to happen, we may go with three A's.

I can't believe Elias and Niedermayer got an A before Daneko.

Dano has had the A before. I don't remember the circumstances of when he got it and lost it though.

I'm not a big Madden fan, to me Neids has earned hs stripes. he has sacraficed what could have been a leetch like career to win cups, he has made himself into one of the best allaround dmen, and has taken his spot as the #1 dman on this team....the "C" is the next step. Neuwy would be a good choice right now, bit I think he will be gone before Stevens, Whitey maybe in 5 years or so. If Langer stays I think he could very well be capt material....

Better question would be: If Stevens retires this or next summer, who gets the C? Add to that if Nieuwendyk gets a 4 year deal that would take him up till age 39 does he get the C?

I personally say Nieuwendyk is a guy that I would like to go down in Devils history as being one of the players who has worn the red C (not meaning the Calgary C). I also think that Friesen might be the guy that we might want to consider trying to groom as next captain. I realize that neither is a homegrown Devil. However, both have something about their attitudes that I would want the rest of the team to emulate.

Do you think Rafalski is too mild mannered?

I was thinking maybe Brylin but I'm not sure - he says good things and of course plays for the team - but is he captain material?

Both of those two don't get fired up in an infectious way -- you know? But maybe one or the other does and we just don't see it.