Plastic Surgery

XxLancerHockeyxX

Okay so me and my friend Lauren got into bit of an argument about plastic surgery..because she wants to get a nose job and I think it's really stupid and a total waste of your hard earned money. Here was our convo.

Lauren: gahh. my nose pisses me off.

Me: Omg

Me: Lol

Lauren: i never hated anything so much, like srsly. i think i even hate it more then i hate gus.. wait no.

Lauren: but its pretty damn close.

Me: Lmao aww

Lauren: oh well atleast it's fixable ie, nose job.

Lauren: i just don't wanna wait that long.

Me: Omg. Why would you wanna risk something like that...seriously?

Lauren: because i hate my nose

Lauren: & it looks really bad.

Me: Yeah and if they fvck up?

Lauren: can't look any worse then it does now

Me: Actually it could

Me: Do I need to show you pictures

Lauren: yeah so? some peoples nose jobs turned out bad, & some peoples turned out good. its like some people smoke & get cancer & other don't.

Lauren: i'll take my chances with the nose.

Me: No i mean doctors can mess up really badly

Me: like....you could actually be missing a part of your nose then they are done...you never know

Lauren: thats why you go to someone who knows what their doing

Me: Yeah but you dont always know if its a good doctor or not

Me: People lie all the time

Lauren: In well-trained hands it can dramatically improve your looks, add softness and harmony to your face, not mentioning that rhinoplasty can substantially improve nasal breathing.

Me: ......Yeah okay go and have a chisel pounded into your nose.

Me: And I guess Sam can go and have sliced up and have implants stuck in. Honestly, I dont understand why people get plastic surgery.

Me: It's such a fvckin waste of time and money

Me: And if the doctor fvcks up...doesnt matter how good they are....then what are you gonna do? Spend more money to get it fixed when you could have avoided the whole thing in the first place but loving yourself from the beginning?

Lauren: oh well if you're unhappy with something even a little, i don't see the harm in getting it fixed if it bothers you. why learn to like it when you can change it??

Lauren: ?

Me: Yeah okay and possibly die from it.

Me: Or...hate it even more if you dont like the way it comes out

Me: like im not trying to pick a fight but it would kill me if my bff got plastic surgery and something went wrong

Lauren: well i wouldn't worry about it. i'd only get it done by some guy in hollywood who did celebs but i won't have enough money to get it done probably anyway.

I am not an advocate of plastic surgery. I only think people should have a nose job if they actually need it to improve their breathing, and there are people who do (deviated septum). However, that's my personal opinion. I know people who have had nose jobs that are perfectly fine. I don't know anyone who has had a botched one. I do know that they happen. I also know that nose jobs are one of the most popular sweet sixteen and graduation gifts for girls among families that can afford them in this country. So, I can understand where your friend is coming from.

You've given your opinion. She didn't quite ask you for it...she mentioned that she hated her nose and, eventually, wanted to get it fixed. She actually sounds like she's going to go and do the research necessary to get a good plastic surgeon if she ever does go under the knife...and there are good plastic surgeons. Yes, they can still mess it up, but they are much less likely to do so.

I just don't like the idea of unecessary surgery. And to me, plastic surgery to fix a nose for something other than breathing is unecessary surgery. But, I have had people tell me that they hated themselves so much because of the way they looked before that their lives were changed by the surgery. Fair enough. I know what it was like to have to take my old epilepsy medication which put on over 100 pounds (which was impossible to lose while on the meds) and I remember the way people treated me. I know the way I am treated now that I have lost most of the weight on different medication. Personally, I learned a lot about people while I was fat and I have basically lost most of my trust in people at a basic level. So, I can see why people would want to change their appearance. I don't believe if plastic surgery for myself but I can totally see why someone else would want to do it.

My friend has a nose job.. she always had a bump on top and ahted it so she got one when she was like 16 or 17. It went fine, but about 3 years later the bump was back. Something to do with cartilage. Then she had a second one and within a year the bump was back again so she just gave up.

i think plastic surgery has become pretty safe. it's becoming ridiculously common. right now i would not get plastic surgery at all. but i cant sit here and say that i think anyone who would is making a bad choice, because i dont really know what i'm going to look like 40 years down the road, and i might feel the need to do it.

I am not an advocate of plastic surgery. I only think people should have a nose job if they actually need it to improve their breathing, and there are people who do (deviated septum). However, that's my personal opinion. I know people who have had nose jobs that are perfectly fine. I don't know anyone who has had a botched one. I do know that they happen. I also know that nose jobs are one of the most popular sweet sixteen and graduation gifts for girls among families that can afford them in this country. So, I can understand where your friend is coming from.

You've given your opinion. She didn't quite ask you for it...she mentioned that she hated her nose and, eventually, wanted to get it fixed. She actually sounds like she's going to go and do the research necessary to get a good plastic surgeon if she ever does go under the knife...and there are good plastic surgeons. Yes, they can still mess it up, but they are much less likely to do so.

I just don't like the idea of unecessary surgery. And to me, plastic surgery to fix a nose for something other than breathing is unecessary surgery. But, I have had people tell me that they hated themselves so much because of the way they looked before that their lives were changed by the surgery. Fair enough. I know what it was like to have to take my old epilepsy medication which put on over 100 pounds (which was impossible to lose while on the meds) and I remember the way people treated me. I know the way I am treated now that I have lost most of the weight on different medication. Personally, I learned a lot about people while I was fat and I have basically lost most of my trust in people at a basic level. So, I can see why people would want to change their appearance. I don't believe if plastic surgery for myself but I can totally see why someone else would want to do it.

Eh, it's up to the person who is interested in having it done. I've had plastic surgery, but it wasn't an enhancing procedure, rather, it was something to make my knee less scary looking because there used to be a large five inch long, inch and a half wide hole in it from a bad staph infection after surgery. There's still a really bad scar, but without the procedure it would have looked worse and I would have dealt with worse nerve damage than I have now.

Tell her she's on crack if she wants to do anything to that nose other than blow it.

However, in that first pic something looks off about it but in the second pic it looks fine. I suppose we'd need to see it from the angle she doesn't like it from.

BTW, if her/her family can't afford it then how is she gonna pay for it?

Tell her she's on crack if she wants to do anything to that nose other than blow it.

However, in that first pic something looks off about it but in the second pic it looks fine. I suppose we'd need to see it from the angle she doesn't like it from.

BTW, if her/her family can't afford it then how is she gonna pay for it?

Gad - what a honker - get that taken care of (just kidding) :blink:

Haha. Let me find one of her myspace. And it's like she's pretty so...uh I don't know. Whatever.

Okay...

laursk7.gif

laur2ea2.gif

All her pics are pretty much off to the side like that...but yeah whatever.