2006 vs. 2007

Devilsdude530

I watched highlights of last year's final between Cryolina and Edmonton. It was probably the most exciting, must-see, non-Devils Final I've seen. Ever. Completely unpredictable (Except for Game 2) and if you hadn't watched it before you'd probably never see what was coming next. From Conklin's giveaway to Pisani's OT Winner to Doc and JD's calls, it was a great Final to finish off an awesome playoffs.

My question to you: with the playoffs being decided by most as less exciting as the one last year, will the Finals be as good this year as they were last year? What are your expectations for this series?

I think it will be pretty good. They playoff games have been alright there the thing it was missing was any rivalries that build the story line before hand and give a little edge to the series. The only one close Buffalo-Ottawa and that was a lopsided series. Of course things have hurt that there as only been one 7 games series this playoffs.

Edited by jkrdevil

Last year final was pretty exciting...First time i watched a so much exiciting one...I rooted for Edmonton because of' Cryolina' , And i used to remember the goal giving up by Conklin..Wonder why he's gone now :P But this year...I lost interest.Yes Anaheim and Ottawa are 2 good teams...But, the Finals started way to late.

I have a feeling that Anaheim will win..I do hope Sens wins it.

Edited by TravisZajac

i remember sitting on the edge of my seat last year...but i kind of new it was over for edmonton...and i was pissed at how short the cup celebration was i felt like i had to leave a party early.

i think this year will be failrly exciting. i really didn't have much feelings for the teams last year, i mean i hate carolina but it's not like my hatred for the ducks. and ottawa has been amazing this year...i'm definetly excited for tonight

Funny I didn't get the impression of last year's finals as great, at least not in the sense of being a back-and-forth series like even Tampa-Calgary was. After Roloson got hurt and Edmonton gave away Game 1 I never really felt they had any kind of chance in the series until Pisani's OT goal in Game 5, and then Game 6 was a one-sided celebration.

This year's finals better be good for the NHL's sake, there haven't really been a lot of compelling playoff series, and most of the ones that were halfway entertaining only went six games or in the case of Dallas-Vancouver had most of its games end after midnight.

I hope Anaheim wins it - I'd like to see Giguere win one and Scott to raise it a 4th time...

Agreed and the way Anaheim played last night I just do not see Ottawa beating them in a 7 game series. Anaheim is a lot bigger and nastier than Ottawa and Game 1 certainly showed that.