360 problems

Vinnie

So yesterday while playing COD4 I got an unreadable disk error, which set off warning bells because that's what it said when the disk drive on my original xbox died. Anyways, I tried several games and they would all work for a few minutes then freeze/show an error message. The dashboard (or whatever it's called) still works, and I haven't had any problems playing DVDs, just with games. Anyone else experience stuff like this or know wtf it is?

Well in the past I had problems with numerous games in which the 360 froze or would show an error message for certain games. After a few bouts calling in I eventually got it replaced. I would just send it in, they'll probably send you a new one no questions asked.

Microsoft has had so many problems with the 360 that as long as it hasn't been tampered with (the little sticker behind the faceplate is in tact)...and hell....I've heard stories that even if it has been tampered with...if you send it in, they'll fix it. Look it up on their site and find out exactly where to send it in, but they'll definitely take care of it. The last thing they need is someone getting pissed and telling people not to be a 360.

Vinnie, don't even think twice about it...

Send your Xbox to Microsoft. In less than 2 weeks, You will have a new one !

So yesterday while playing COD4 I got an unreadable disk error, which set off warning bells because that's what it said when the disk drive on my original xbox died. Anyways, I tried several games and they would all work for a few minutes then freeze/show an error message. The dashboard (or whatever it's called) still works, and I haven't had any problems playing DVDs, just with games. Anyone else experience stuff like this or know wtf it is?

I sent my Xbox 360 to Microsoft and within a month I received a new one that has not malfunctioned yet. Mainly, I've had more problems with the red circles of death.

I was getting a similar error while playing Halo3. Too bad I was out of warranty. What was happening was first I was getting a dirty disk error. Then it progressed to not reading my Halo3 disk at all. This happened with all games and movies. It would say "insert disk" when the disk was already in.

Basically the drive died. Cost me 99 bucks or something like that to get it "repaired" (they sent me a brand new one).