Bill would raise ticket prices at Devils' arena

nmadd

State Democrats at work.

Never a tax hike they didn't like.

Did anyone like the part where he said maybe later they will repeal it............. :rofl:

Except that this is a user tax, not a general tax. Should some poor schmuck living in Camden subsidize our added security?

- Jeff

Except that this is a user tax, not a general tax. Should some poor schmuck living in Camden subsidize our added security?

- Jeff

If I didn't use the train system should I be able to opt out of subsidizing that? A specific tax to alleviate a general tax is just a way to punish a group. There are plenty of things we pay taxes on that we don't use but THIS is one of the cases where we'll change things. If I have to pay the taxes for the security then I'd like to see a cut of the income tax they'll get from the security and some of the other revenues having the security help generates for the city.

Edited by Devils731

more taxes - great. I have read the article and if the prices go up any more then how many empty seats disquised as fans will there be. I have the same seat that I had in East Rutherford and I pay 50 percent more this year than last. How much more can the regular Joe afford to pay and be expected to pay?

Oh and Eagle you made a hockey thread about Bush, that = stupid.

this is a direct tax on Devils and other fans... Little different.

Get your facts right!

I never made a hockey post about Bush, and I am not trying to make a political statement. All I am asking for is to keep the political rants where they belong. Rants about the president don

Looks like at least one reporter reads message boards:

Devils fans took to the message board at devilsrule.com on Tuesday afternoon to discuss the possible ticket tax.

Some suggested that the city would undermine its own revival by imposing a tax that would make a night at "The Rock" less appealing to fans.

"This is the worst thing for the city to do considering how it's a centerpiece to their revival," said one fan, using the screen name TPFKAS.

But another contributor, using the screen handle Jursylegnd, wrote, "They will raise the tax and you and I will [complain] and moan and pay it anyways."

One question for those who do. Does this "security tax" apply to the meadowlands as well?

The way the article's written, it appears this surcharge targets The Rock and no other venue.

Edited by RowdyFan42

here's the Ledger article. It says VBK has no comment. NO COMMENT???

http://www.nj.com/starledger/stories/index....xml&coll=1

Rice's legislation exempts arenas operated by state authorities, such as the Meadowlands venues, from the new ticket surcharge.

And so it begins....

Jeff Vanderbeek, owner of the New Jersey Devils, the primary arena tenant, declined to comment on the pending legislation, saying he wants to get more information about it.

Your out of context Section 110

All I can say is that Newark would have been a much safer city if they didn't already have one of the poorest paid policed depts in the state. The city would have a lot more jobs if folks weren't afraid to work OT and stay in the city after dark. Businesses and more affluent residents would not have moved out if they felt safe. Newark is pulling itself backward with every attempt to bring it forward.

Why is Rice promoting this and not Corey Booker?