line shuffle theory

NYCdevil

while watching the devils canadiens game now, and seeing elias-zubrus-clarkson on a line and seeing gionta on the third line, i came to a good conclusion, which may or may not be obvious. First off the e-z-c line is playing great tonight, second, i believe they put clarkson on this line to see how their top 2 lines would do without gionta, which will lead him to be tradded by the deadline.. any thoughts?

while watching the devils canadiens game now, and seeing elias-zubrus-clarkson on a line and seeing gionta on the third line, i came to a good conclusion, which may or may not be obvious. First off the e-z-c line is playing great tonight, second, i believe they put clarkson on this line to see how their top 2 lines would do without gionta, which will lead him to be tradded by the deadline.. any thoughts?

Gio does not belong on a checking line, period. If he and Elias can't score, then there's no real place for him on the team.

I feel he is still the best on the whole team at being where he ought to be around the crease when shots are made, and is still great at creating open space, but he's been whiffing a lot on pucks that have come to him, and he gets pushed around more and more. All the penalties he's taken this year are a big minus as well.

I really don't think we should give up on Gionta just yet. He had an explosive year in 2005-06, and a injury filled one last year. He still looks to be off his game. But he isn't old, and should regain his scoring touch. I'd like to see him regain it here, and not for some other team.

Worst case scenario, he hasn't gotten his game back by next year's trade deadline, and he can be dealt as a rental.

Gio does not belong on a checking line, period. If he and Elias can't score, then there's no real place for him on the team.

I feel he is still the best on the whole team at being where he ought to be around the crease when shots are made, and is still great at creating open space, but he's been whiffing a lot on pucks that have come to him, and he gets pushed around more and more. All the penalties he's taken this year are a big minus as well.