GDT: Dodge NHL Superskills, 7PM

Devilsdude530

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rookies may be taking part in some of the skill show.

The Youngstars will play 2 running time periods, which will affect the outcome of the skills comp.

The Breakaway slam-dunk show will feature the following...

EAST

St. Louis

Kovalchuk

Ovechkin

WEST

Gaborik

Datsyuk

Getzlaf

Is the YoungStars game before or after the skills comp?

I was reading stuff on NHL.com and discovered that Alyssa Milano is a big Kings fan...weird good to know there as famous female hockey fans.

Ah, you answered my question even befdore I posted it SH, thanks :)

There are a lot of guys making their first all star appearance, I think I got them all...

East

Mike Richards

Jason Spezza

Tim Thomas

Rick Dipietro

Evgeni Malkin

Andrei Markov

Marc Savard

West

Duncan Keith

Henrik Sedin

Anze Kopitar

Mike Ribeiro

Manny Legace

Shawn Horcoff

Corey Perry

These camera's SUCK!

I agree, Versus also had horrendous camera angles for last years All Star game as well.

Edited by Satans Hockey

These camera's SUCK!

I agree, they can't just keep on angle and instead keep switching it up so you just don't see anything.

DP hit 3 out 4 on the long shots from the back red line, I would have like to seen how Marty could have done.

That was impressive, it would have been awesome if Marty was there for that competition.

They really need to hire someone who knows what they hell are they doing to run this. First Ilya is the fastest for the East and the whole crowd is chanting Kovy! Kovy! and than they replace him with Campbell after Ilya and Horcoff are already lined up. :doh1:

Horcoff wins fastest skater and the elimination shootout is up next.

Edited by Satans Hockey

4 for 4 is tough, I think he could have done 3 out of 4 like DP though.

I guess, but I think if anyone had a chance to get all 4 would be Marty.

To explain how it is going to work.

I just think it's silly to use a video game to demonstrate the events. I think maybe a diagram or something would be easier to understand.

I just think it's silly to use a video game to demonstrate the events. I think maybe a diagram or something would be easier to understand.

I think it's good for events that we haven't seen before, like that first event. They didn't use a lot of videogame footage for the shootout since they already have tons of footage of that. ESPN and the other channels that show football have also used the Madden videogames all the time for explanations and even predictions.

The camera for the shootout is fvcking horrible. A guy with a camera skating behind the player might seem like a good idea on paper but it sucks.

Edited by Satans Hockey

I think it's good for events that we haven't seen before, like that first event. They didn't use a lot of videogame footage for the shootout since they already have tons of footage of that. ESPN and the other channels that show football have also used the Madden videogames all the time for explanations and even predictions.

I guess that makes sense, but I think there is only one completely new event, and it was that obstacle course. It's ridiculous though when ESPN uses Madden to make predictions.\

Anyway, the shootout isn't bad but I think it would be better if there was less time in between each attempt.