WWE/TNA/ROH - Wrestling Thread

Satans Hockey

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually LIKED that promo..... at least unlike TNA, when the WWE goes "talk show" it's for a REASON and with DIRECTION..

Does TNA have flaws? Sure. but unlike WWE it caters to the bloodthirsty, horny male that wants to see blood shed, tits and name value wrestlers (Let's face it Sheamus and the Miz AREN'T top name draws and neither is Del Rio...and all the hype in the world won't change that.) along with funny clusterfvcks of segments/matches. IF Rock doesn't stay for good...they are fvcked beyond belief. Accept it. Rock = Most influential professional wrestler of our time and who we have to thank for making pro wrestling popular in the 90s wrestling boom. (along with Austin/Savage/Goldberg..­.etc) Cena? Not so much. Anyone that thinks professional wrestling will be as great as it was quality was in the 90s is delusional. No new guy has "Rock" appeal, is talked by millions and is pop culture relevant.

I will admit that I did like TNA this week and I actually think they righted the ship (least for now, I'm pretty sure it will end up back in the crapper.... TNA only seems to have one good show a month).... and things moved in the right way.....I'd love to see them have 8-10 shows in a ROW that got it right before I go nuts about it.....

As for WWE... that's insane... yes there is a novelty spike with Dwayne back... but you don't think he's gonna get tired and old again soon??? Case in point when he pulled out the lame "Cena midget" gag.....:blahblah:, the WWE has a ton of guys they can pull off mothballs and get people's attention with (or when they go for celebs, they ACTUALLY GET CELEBS.... yes I'm staring at YOU Bart Scott!!), the WWE will never have the numbers they did during the Monday Night Wars... people have more viewing options and the WWE only brings out its best when it's back is against the wall (competition or like now... Wrestlemania season)

How many years do the Miz, Del Rio and Shamus have....a COMBINED 5?? It's too soon to say that about them.... hell you'd have given up on Rocky Maivia in year one too right??? Don't say I'd blame you.....least the WWE is working on that next generation......they'll get there....Del Rio is a good cocky heel who actually backs it up....Sheamus is a legit bad-ass character that needs some finishing... and the Miz is Jericho 2.0....be PATIENT

.....speaking of.... where's that young up and coming "next big star" in TNA??? Hmmm.... maybe that's part of their problems........

See??? TOLD YOU :P

TNA Reportedly Planning On Bringing Jeff Hardy's Real-life Issues To TV

By Daniel Pena

Apr 1, 2011 - 1:46:47 PM

Former TNA Wrestling production manager Randy Ricci says that according to reliable sources within the Nashville based organization, current creative plans call for Jeff Hardy's real-life issues to take center stage on television.

Ricci reports on his blog (nawf.com/blog) that Hardy plans on undergoing treatment for his issues with substance abuse and will enter a rehabilitation facility. Upon his completion of rehab, he will be brought back to television as a babyface recovering from drug addiction.

See??? TOLD YOU :P

TNA Reportedly Planning On Bringing Jeff Hardy's Real-life Issues To TV

By Daniel Pena

Apr 1, 2011 - 1:46:47 PM

Former TNA Wrestling production manager Randy Ricci says that according to reliable sources within the Nashville based organization, current creative plans call for Jeff Hardy's real-life issues to take center stage on television.

Ricci reports on his blog (nawf.com/blog) that Hardy plans on undergoing treatment for his issues with substance abuse and will enter a rehabilitation facility. Upon his completion of rehab, he will be brought back to television as a babyface recovering from drug addiction.

So they want to turn Jeff Hardy in Road Warrior Animal?

Wow.....Edge....just WOW.... damn shame his body says he's done.... but least he gets to walk away at least.... and it explains why he won at 'Mania too..... damn.....

April 2010 - April 2011

..the WWE (we're not a wrestling company anymore) :rolleyes: loses Batista, Jericho, HBK, & Edge.. in the span of 1 year.

Now do the right thing Titan-Twat's.. and retire that Heavyweight Championship, along with Mr. Rated`R..

..one company, one World title!

Edited by Beezer34

April 2010 - April 2011

..the WWE (we're not a wrestling company anymore) :rolleyes: loses Batista, Jericho, HBK, & Edge.. in the span of 1 year.

Now do the right thing Titan-Twat's.. and retire that Heavyweight Championship, along with Mr. Rated`R..

..one company, one World title!

Batista could never wrestle in the first place :lol:

Sucks to see Edge go but I'd rather see him retire somewhat healthy then to ruin the rest of his life just to wrestle a few more matches. I think he will eventually be back in some form, gm or announcer.

Jerichos going to come back and wrestle eventually too, probably when hes done winning that stupid show.

Edge talking about his career made me realize that he might be the first superstar wrestler who's career I'm old enough to have followed beginning to end (sure, I started watching in the late 80s but even guys like Shawn Michaels felt like they were just always there - it's weird to think how excited and into the creepy-guy-in-NYC-with-trenchcoat gimmick that preceded his debut). Scary thought, getting old.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No way!! Kong is way sexier in that... well appetite for brutal violence kinda way..... and unlike Va-Chyna... she can wrestle!!!

The WWE Diva's division needed a massive reboot anyway.....time for my female-man-crush to get it done!! :wub: