Teemu Selanne is back with the Ducks

stevestevens

From what I hear about his physical condition he has a ways to go to get back in shape. A guy who works in the same office building as me who gets me free duck tickets from coaching a couple of the Ducks players kids bumped into Teamu around Thanksgiving last year. He said he put on 20 or 30 pounds and didn't look like he was in shape to make a comeback this year.

Now I'll further anticipate my joy at the Ducks being eliminated this year.

Nothing against Selanne or Nieds, but I can't get excited about vets coming back mid-season to enjoy one last hurrah.

That hurrah was last year.

Right on...if the ducks fail now they can blame their heroes....is Emilio coming back too??

Right on...if the ducks fail now they can blame their heroes....is Emilio coming back too??

Actually they've been a lot better since Nieds came back, don't see why adding Selanne would hurt the cause.

I think this will open a can of worms here as many teams with cap trouble can do the same thing.

Yeah provided you have older players who only want to play half the season for far less money than they would make over a full season (prorated). Nieds didn't get paid during his 'retirement' and Selanne signed for chump change to keep the Ducks under the cap.

Not to mention you have to have a team good enough to withstand those sabbaticals, if the Ducks were 8-21 in the first half of the season it wouldn't have mattered who would have come back and it would have also made them less likely to come back.

I hope we kick their lazy Duck asses next week. That would be fun.

Is it wrong of me to be looking more forward to the Duck game next Friday than the Ranger game this Friday? I mean between the defending Champs coming in with Nieds' return, Giggy-Puff and the Ducks' first appearance in NJ since the '03 Finals, and now Selanne coming back just adds more star power.

Edited by Hasan4978

Is it wrong of me to be looking more forward to the Duck game next Friday than the Ranger game this Friday? I mean between the defending Champs coming in with Nieds' return, Giggy-Puff and the Ducks' first appearance in NJ since the '03 Finals, and now Selanne coming back just adds more star power.

I'm more looking forward to it because the only drunk loudmouth obnoxious people in the stands will be our own. :boogie:

I'm more looking forward to it because the only drunk loudmouth obnoxious people in the stands will be our own. :boogie:

That's part of it too...I mean the first Devil-Ranger game at the Rock was jaw-dropping, I don't care what anyone says it was very close to if not a 50-50 split, especially considering I was told from a couple people that the bars were filled with Ranger fans. It wasn't anywhere near that bad the last couple years, but ironically it's easier for Ranger fans to get to the arena via Penn Station than it is for some of our fans to get there, depending on the city they live :P

Plus just the good memories I have from going to three Finals games in '03, even though Giguere and Nieds' baby bro are pretty much the only Ducks left from that team it'll still mean something when they come in for the first time since then. I honestly do think the crowd rattled Giguere in '03 with the 'Marty's Better!' chants :evil:

Edited by Hasan4978

He shoulda came back a week earlier..that way he coulda went to the AllStar game...

He shoulda came back a week earlier..that way he coulda went to the AllStar game...

Hillarious....yeah 5 Ducks players in a game...NHL desperate to prove the hockey works in California!!!

Zach who?????????

As far as the Ducks....are they a power house ....No. Believe me many of you guys would be well sick of hearing about this team and their "dynasty" (as the news calls it here) if you lived in Southern Cal. Did Neids make a difference....sure.....have they lost their last 3 games....YES! will it be hilarous if they don't make the playoffs w/the return of the big guns....of course!! Out here Ducks fans have become almost as arrogantly annoying as the average Ranger fan to the NJ locals...that's why I have no love for Anaheim.

The "false retirement" is a HUGE can of worms that has just fully sprung open. I am sure we are going to see this become an issue for the league as a strategic salary cap approach.

My hope is that it blows up in Brian Burke & Randy Carlisle's faces witha pre-palyoff exit! :evil:

Their dynasty?! LMao are yous erious! Wow, that's taking "growing the game" to a whole new level...feeding people stuff like that just grows stupid fans...ship em all to Toronto..

I do like Burke though..Carlisle not so much..even though he's my best buddies uncle..

Edited by annabelle

Their dynasty?! LMao are yous erious! Wow, that's taking "growing the game" to a whole new level...feeding people stuff like that just grows stupid fans...ship em all to Toronto..

I do like Burke though..Carlisle not so much..even though he's my best buddies uncle..

Hillarious....yeah 5 Ducks players in a game...NHL desperate to prove the hockey works in California!!!

Zach who?????????

As far as the Ducks....are they a power house ....No. Believe me many of you guys would be well sick of hearing about this team and their "dynasty" (as the news calls it here) if you lived in Southern Cal. Did Neids make a difference....sure.....have they lost their last 3 games....YES! will it be hilarous if they don't make the playoffs w/the return of the big guns....of course!! Out here Ducks fans have become almost as arrogantly annoying as the average Ranger fan to the NJ locals...that's why I have no love for Anaheim.

The "false retirement" is a HUGE can of worms that has just fully sprung open. I am sure we are going to see this become an issue for the league as a strategic salary cap approach.

My hope is that it blows up in Brian Burke & Randy Carlisle's faces witha pre-palyoff exit! :evil: