BRENT WHIPS UP A VICTORY

SC Devs Fan

I agree with above said. I think Devils management are doing all they can in terms of marketing. I see the billboards everywhere, TV ads and even people that dont know anything about hockey always ask me how the new arena in Newark is after i tell them that i am Devils fan. I think its the same old problem for the devils of being stuck in neverland between flyers and rags. Think how many more fans we would have if those two teams disappeared and all the NJ residents who currently cheer for those two teams became devils fans. Thats how it is in most hockey markets, they do not have 2 huge city teams within 50 mile radius. Oh and just to add to that, I have met so many flyers fans and not a single one was from PA; south jerz all the way. So clearly i do not buy into the bad marketing argument.

Bottom line is our team stinks and watching them try to score goals is like getting your teeth pulled. Not too attractive.

I'm amazed that it took 30 posts for someone to mention the lack of Sidney Crosby as a reason for poor attendence. I kind of assumed that was in the top 3 reasons, in addition to it being a Monday night and being the third game in four nights with some little football game or something on the one day off...

the last two times pens were in town it was almost the exact same crowd, and syd was around

Discounting too aggressively hurts your season ticket holders. If someone buys seasons tickets in the 65 dollar seats but every game a person sits next to them for 20-30 dollars you are going to have an unhappy season ticket holder who deserves to be one of the top priorities to the team. Discounting in a discreet fashion allows the people who really care about the discount to work and get them while the season ticket holders don't get the discount thrown in their face.

On the other questions I've seen plenty of billboards with Marty on them so the team has been promoting him.

Alot of the yellow STH's fled to other areas of the arena.

STH's are a problem, if we did more for them, I guess it would be less so a problem. I think with the STH, the problem is they see it as an investment of sorts, I see it as a donation. I don't care if they charge the same as my STH discount for the seats next to me, or even less. Get asses in the seats.

The whole thing needs to be torn down and built up again from start next season, if you break eggs doing it, oh well.