GM's consider possible rules changes

CADevilsFan

I think the 84 game schedule is brought up by Detroit initially so that the entire league's revenue will increase, which increase the salary cap proportionally. That, I am afraid will be happened because the big market teams such as the Rags and Leafs would love to see the cash registers full. The outdoor games certainly will drive the revenue up as well and the trend will continue as we will see more and more outdoor games.

I think the 84 game schedule is brought up by Detroit initially so that the entire league's revenue will increase, which increase the salary cap proportionally. That, I am afraid will be happened because the big market teams such as the Rags and Leafs would love to see the cash registers full. The outdoor games certainly will drive the revenue up as well and the trend will continue as we will see more and more outdoor games.

According to the beat writer for the Canes, there's one other significant rule change that the CBC article didn't mention:

DEATH TO THE "DISTINCT KICKING MOTION"!!!!

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/canes/index....p;tb=1&pb=1

As long as the player's skate remains on the ice, he can turn his skate or even slide his skate to redirect the puck. That guideline replaces the "distinct kicking motion" previously used for rulings.

[...]

That change is immediate.

Wow...is that really true? Did they really get rid of distinct kicking motion? That would be amazing...

A few months ago I elected to read the actual rule. It says in a "pendulum-like manner". Now, seriously, would you say some of the goals were not at all pendulums? I think so. If that's true, I'd love to see the rules eliminated, why not be able to use your skate like a stick, you're allowed to do it when a goal isn't scored, and a goalie can use a skate to save a puck, so why is it any different?

Wow...is that really true? Did they really get rid of distinct kicking motion? That would be amazing...

A few months ago I elected to read the actual rule. It says in a "pendulum-like manner". Now, seriously, would you say some of the goals were not at all pendulums? I think so. If that's true, I'd love to see the rules eliminated, why not be able to use your skate like a stick, you're allowed to do it when a goal isn't scored, and a goalie can use a skate to save a puck, so why is it any different?

Well with that logic you would be allowed to knock loose pucks into the net with your hand too.