EURO 2008

eaglejelly

Last time I checked, Italy is going to the QF :)

So are 7 other teams. This is Italy's first win, that isn't exactly being the masters of winning. 1968 was the last and only time Italy won a EURO championship and they won't win it this year either. :D

Last time I checked, Italy is going to the QF.. even if it takes to win only 1 game out of 3 :)

Nice edit :P

Edited by Satans Hockey

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey at least they won the biggest international tournament - the world cup.. which they will be winning again in another 2 years :).. when they win the euro 2008 it will be a little teaser :D

That whole tournament was the worst world cup ever. Still gives me nightmares.

Pirlo and Gattuso won't be playing for Italy against Spain on Sunday since they drew yellow cards today.

That could prove crucial, this game was ruined today, sure it was a penalty kick but the way that Italian forward went down with arms flailing in the air you'd think he was shot by a German sniper, and to be sent off? bad call IMO.

With the luck the Italians always seem to get, it wouldn't surprise me if they won this tournament.

There's always a controversial call or fluke defelection that goes their way, I've been watching/playing football for almost 40 years and I've never seen an important decision go against them.

Always a good team from Italy, but by gosh do they dive.

Hopefully the Spain-Italy game is played well, no dodgy calls either way, and no diving.

Is that when you started following them ?

Following them? Im Italian. I didn't become Italian in 2006 :rolleyes:

what kind of stupid question is that? ive always supported the US/Italia soccer teams in world tournaments.

And get off the excuse of 'diving' its getting pretty old and over-used. Sure they dive at times but thats people's only excuses, and its pathetic.

Edited by nmigliore

Following them? Im Italian. I didn't become Italian in 2006 :rolleyes:

what kind of stupid question is that? ive always supported the US/Italia soccer teams in world tournaments.

And get off the excuse of 'diving' its getting pretty old and over-used. Sure they dive at times but thats people's only excuses, and its pathetic.

Oh cool, what part of Italy were you born in ?

Stupid question ? it was a legit question, who would you pull for if it was USA vs Italy in the world cup, are you American or Italian, one or the other ? ( or would you cheer for whoever wins :rolleyes: )

Let me tell you this sir, I've got more experince in watching/playing football than all of the members on this board combined, the Italians are notorious for diving, it's not just them, it's the Latin countries that do it, don't get me started about the South Americans, they are the worlds worst.

Stupid question ? it was a legit question, who would you pull for if it was USA vs Italy in the world cup, are you American or Italian, one or the other ? ( or would you cheer for whoever wins :rolleyes: )

I believe he said earlier in the thread he roots for USA first.

I'm an American and I will always root for the USA first but when they get knocked out I root for England since I am of English descent.

Edited by Satans Hockey

I agree with everything you said(asked). In my town and surrounding area, people take more pride in being Italian than American. I don't get it. I have seen way more Italian jersey's than United States jersey's, and the funny thing is, half of the people couldn't even point out Italy on a map.

I agree with everything you said(asked). In my town and surrounding area, people take more pride in being Italian than American. I don't get it. I have seen way more Italian jersey's than United States jersey's, and the funny thing is, half of the people couldn't even point out Italy on a map.

I agree, I never understood that. Sure, I cheer for the Netherlands since my heritage is Dutch (or Ireland when they are in it) for European tournemants but when it comes to full worldwide international events like the World Cup, I just cheer for the US.

You sir, are a patroit, what a man, it is totally disgusting they was people say, "oh I'm Italian-American, or Irish-American" etc. You are either American or not, there is no Italian or Irish or whatever.

It's almost as if they are ashamed to be American so they add the extra ancestory in ( which in many cases is over 100 years ago) which is totally unecessary.

The thing with the shirts is a hog-dog thing, like it's cool at the time, but if the USA ever won the world cup ( and that is a distinct possibility in the near future) they'd all be shouting USA-USA, but when Italy wins it, it's "Forza Italia" what a joke.

You are spot on sir, I bet 90% of these people of Italian descent can't point to Italy on a map, let alone speak it.

Same goes for "Irish-Americans" or whatever their "ancestry" is.

PS, I'm from England, moved to the US in 1999, I support England, second is the USA, once my US citizenship is done, USA all the way.

I believe he said earlier in the thread he roots for USA first.

I'm an American and I will always root for the USA first but when they get knocked out I root for England since I am of English descent.

Good man, that's how it should be.

You sir, are a patroit, what a man, it is totally disgusting they was people say, "oh I'm Italian-American, or Irish-American" etc. You are either American or not, there is no Italian or Irish or whatever.

It's almost as if they are ashamed to be American so they add the extra ancestory in ( which in many cases is over 100 years ago) which is totally unecessary.

The thing with the shirts is a hog-dog thing, like it's cool at the time, but if the USA ever won the world cup ( and that is a distinct possibility in the near future) they'd all be shouting USA-USA, but when Italy wins it, it's "Forza Italia" what a joke.

You are spot on sir, I bet 90% of these people of Italian descent can't point to Italy on a map, let alone speak it.

PS, I'm from England, moved to the US in 1999, I support England, second is the USA, once my US citizenship is done, USA all the way.

Agree with everything you said. I am partly Irish, but I never say Irish-American. I was born in America, I'm 100% American. In 06, I wore a ton of USA shirts and stuff and was vastly outnumbered by foreign jerseys from people born in America. :noclue: I don't get it. IMO, wearing an Irish jersey being American, I would feel like I have disrespected the good ole USA.

Good man, that's how it should be.

Ya I don't think there is any problem rooting for other countries from which you are a descendant of once your home country gets knocked out. I won't be jumping up and down and going crazy for England if they won like I would be if it was the US but I would just prefer to see England win over anyone else if USA gets knocked out. I won't be waving any English flags or putting English stickers on my car though like most Italians do around here, especially on Staten Island. I think Staten Island is the reason I can't stand the Italians in the first place and I'm actually of Italian descent as well but I just ignore and sorta disown that part. :whistling:

Ya I don't think there is any problem rooting for other countries from which you are a descendant of once your home country gets knocked out. I won't be jumping up and down and going crazy for England if they won like I would be if it was the US but I would just prefer to see England win over anyone else if USA gets knocked out. I won't be waving any English flags or putting English stickers on my car though like most Italians do around here, especially on Staten Island. I think Staten Island is the reason I can't stand the Italians in the first place and I'm actually of Italian descent as well but I just ignore and sorta disown that part. :whistling:

Stand up guy right there SH, I don't have England stickers or flags etc on my car either. I do have a US flag on my car though.

I think it's insulting to see flags/stickers of other countries on cars, I've seen Mexican and Honduran mini flags on cars ( hanging off the rear view mirror) and it makes me want to see them deported.

If living in the US is so bad that you have to be constantly reminded of where you are from, get out and go back to where you come from.

July 4th is a big party at my house, BBQ and all that jazz :boogie:

The only part I suggest you retain you Italian descent, is for culinary reasons, but other than that, keep it quiet :giggle:

I'd like to see Germany play Italy at some part during this tourny. I think Germany finally got the wake up call against Croatia, a game they felt they should have won. Although they did have a hangover from bad play into their game against Austria.

An Italy Germany matchup is only possible in the Final.

Germany has some Injuries to deal with (Podolski, leg injury, Frings, broken Ribs) and the coach has made some questionable decisions so far. If Portugal are on the top of their game I don

Spain is no joke.

I can't stand Italy but it figures you would like them since you seem to love divers ;):P

Italy and the rest of these teams dive SH. France is the King of diving.

No, I happen to be an Italian and have family that lives in Italy and visit there all the time. ;) I was two months away from being born in Italy.

I root for USA FIRST but they are not in the EURO's here so I am Italy all the way. :koolaid:

Spain is pretty good but they won't beat Italy. They are a better team than Spain and had a much harder Group in this EURO 2008.

Edited by SatansDevils

Italy and the rest of these teams dive SH. France is the King of diving.

No, I happen to be an Italian and have family that lives in Italy and visit there all the time. ;) I was two months away from being born in Italy.

I root for USA FIRST but they are not in the EURO's here so I am Italy all the way. :koolaid:

Spain is pretty good but they won't beat Italy. They are a better team than Spain and had a much harder Group in this EURO 2008.

Your going to be in for a surprise than on Sunday. Spain is very very good and they are much better than Italy right now. They could easily win the whole thing.

This is one true diamond geezer. You sir, have reached idol status in my eyes.

Your hatred for the Italians helps too. ;)

Rule Brittania! Brittania rules the waves!!

Your going to be in for a surprise than on Sunday. Spain is very very good and they are much better than Italy right now. They could easily win the whole thing.

Spain are playing so well, I really think they can pull if off this team.

My money is still on the Dutch however. Depth, strength and excellent coaching should take them all the way.

We shall see SH but the Netherlands look to be unstoppable here in this EURO 2008. They can win it all the way they are playing especially with their reserves in there yesterday beating Romania 2-0. That is scary. Spain is good but I don't think they will beat Italy. I won't be suprised if Spain wins but just do not see it happening.