Brett Favre traded to the Jets

DaneykoIsGod

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When is the draft?????

sometime next week... when I can breakdown the scientific forumla to figure out exactly how long we need to draft online so it ends like 45 seconds before the Giants and Redskins kick off B )

and if any QB had his offensive line, average running game, or mediocre wide receivers (until last season) - they'd be asked to do the same thing.

chad pennington isn't underrated. that's a lot of nonsense. he was, when he could at least throw a reasonably deep pass. now, not so much.

the favre move isn't that good. odds are the jets still go 7-9 or 8-8 or 9-7. but it creates some buzz for a team that needs it.

Are talking about Pennington? Because GB had better players on all those fronts.

Pennington brought a really bad Jet team a 10-6 record when everyone projected them to be a basement team.

Are talking about Pennington? Because GB had better players on all those fronts.

Pennington brought a really bad Jet team a 10-6 record when everyone projected them to be a basement team.

and then he had a mediocre season last year, what is the big deal?

the jets way outplayed their record in 2006, they weren't a very good team. still, coles and cotchery as wideouts is not bad at all. pennington just looked worse last season than in previous years and you just can't be a good QB when you can't throw more than 20 yards.

if pennington had an average interception rate, he'd be a terrible QB. his game relies on short, accurate passes. favre is a very different QB - although last season he was making a lot of short passes.

and then he had a mediocre season last year, what is the big deal?

the jets way outplayed their record in 2006, they weren't a very good team. still, coles and cotchery as wideouts is not bad at all. pennington just looked worse last season than in previous years and you just can't be a good QB when you can't throw more than 20 yards.

if pennington had an average interception rate, he'd be a terrible QB. his game relies on short, accurate passes. favre is a very different QB - although last season he was making a lot of short passes.

First off thanks for confirming my points.

Pennington played on one leg last which was an aberration. Favre is an unnecessary risk acquired for the sole purpose of merchandising and making the sale of PSL seem less hurtful.

First off thanks for confirming my points.

Pennington played on one leg last which was an aberration. Favre is an unnecessary risk acquired for the sole purpose of merchandising and making the sale of PSL seem less hurtful.

an aberration? he missed most of 2005. he got hurt in 2003. the aberration is 2006, when he played all his games. even so, he sported a tremendous 17-16 TD-INT ratio that year.

Favre will be better than Pennington was in 2006, even by terrible stats like QB rating.

an aberration? he missed most of 2005. he got hurt in 2003. the aberration is 2006, when he played all his games. even so, he sported a tremendous 17-16 TD-INT ratio that year.

Favre will be better than Pennington was in 2006, even by terrible stats like QB rating.

that's not saying much when you look at the talent on the Jet and the Dolphins...

while i don't love the Jet WR options, they are all-pros compared to Miami :P

that's not saying much when you look at the talent on the Jet and the Dolphins...

while i don't love the Jet WR options, they are all-pros compared to Miami :P

I was comparing Favre to Pennington in 06, not now. Obviously Pennington will probably be terrible in Miami.

I won't be surprised if the Dolphins finish over the Jets in the standings, because of Pennington.

I would be surprised if they had a better record than the Jets, and shocked if Pennington was the reason they were ahead of the Jets. The Dolphins were horrible last year, one of the worst teams in history. An armless QB isn't going to do much to help them.

The Jets, other than Favre, also improved the O-line and I expect a respectable performance from the defense, even though Vilma is gone. The addition of a long-range quarterback opens up the other team and allows the running game to improve. I don't see the Jets as a contender, but they should be better than Miami.

It would just be nice if they don't get stomped by New England in the home opener, since I might be there... haha.

I won't be surprised if the Dolphins finish over the Jets in the standings, because of Pennington.

yeah sure, like when pennington led the jets to so much success last year. and i'm sure having 3 weeks to learn the playbook, having absolutely no skilled WRs other than ted ginn jr - sounds like a real recipe for winning.

when did pennington become a great QB? he had one great season. he's been an above average QB but not quite pro bowl level during all his other non-injured seasons.

yeah sure, like when pennington led the jets to so much success last year. and i'm sure having 3 weeks to learn the playbook, having absolutely no skilled WRs other than ted ginn jr - sounds like a real recipe for winning.

when did pennington become a great QB? he had one great season. he's been an above average QB but not quite pro bowl level during all his other non-injured seasons.

No one ever said he was "great", he is a very good QB who gets alot out of very little talent around him.

Pennington has never really had a great supporting case to start with on the Jets. Helped to make Coles a great WR, I can't see why he can't help some of the younger players in Miami.

He is already familiar with the Miami playbook as Dan Henning is the OC.

I'm sure if anyone out right said he was a great QB but when you start saying that he's a better QB than Favre then you are treading on that territory because Favre is a great QB...for all of his INT's he throws he finds ways to win games that teams shouldn't win...plain and simple...there are a few players like that in the NFL and he's one of them...

I'm sure if anyone out right said he was a great QB but when you start saying that he's a better QB than Favre then you are treading on that territory because Favre is a great QB...for all of his INT's he throws he finds ways to win games that teams shouldn't win...plain and simple...there are a few players like that in the NFL and he's one of them...

Right now, IMO Pennington IS a better QB than Farve. But we will have to let the season unfold so I can be proven right.

See now the problem is... how do you define "good" and "bad" here.... say for example Miami is 4-12 and the Jets end up 7-9/8-8

Chad could still have a good year (say 2800 yds, 20 TDs, 13 INT)

and Favre could be Favre (3400 yards, 25 TD, 18 INT)

How do you tell who had "the better year" ??? :P

See now the problem is... how do you define "good" and "bad" here.... say for example Miami is 4-12 and the Jets end up 7-9/8-8

Chad could still have a good year (say 2800 yds, 20 TDs, 13 INT)

and Favre could be Favre (3400 yards, 25 TD, 18 INT)

How do you tell who had "the better year" ??? :P

Great question. I guess based on expectations, Miami isn't really expected to do anything while the Jets have invested millions to win NOW, especially with Favre.

I still fail to see how the Dolphins coming off of 1-15 and trading Jason Taylor for a draft pick equates to an eight-game turnaround with Chad and the offensive tackle they picked with the first pick being their only major additions. If Parcells was actually coaching that might be a horse of a different color but he can't have as much impact just being a GM. I don't know who's going to play defense for them, WR's are a question yet again and even running the ball you can't count on Ricky to keep his head straight or rely on Brown coming off of injury.

CRASHER, probably a good year for Miami is anything above 5 wins while the Jets really have to make the playoffs at minimum and probably win a round after not only Favre but all the other win-now additions this offseason.

a good year for Miami is anything above 5 wins while the Jets really have to make the playoffs at minimum and probably win a round after not only Favre but all the other win-now additions this offseason.

See this too is where it gets tricky... the Jets could have just as easily won this playoff game behind the improved o-line and Chad at the QB... and what if the Jets have a monster running attack this year (like 1,500 yards from Jones and maybe say 600 from someone like Washington)... and it's more the running and O-Line that makes the team a success... it's so hard to judge these kinda things now

the only way you can really tell is if you have the stomach to see every snap of the Jets AND Dolphins this year....

See this too is where it gets tricky... the Jets could have just as easily won this playoff game behind the improved o-line and Chad at the QB... and what if the Jets have a monster running attack this year (like 1,500 yards from Jones and maybe say 600 from someone like Washington)... and it's more the running and O-Line that makes the team a success... it's so hard to judge these kinda things now

the only way you can really tell is if you have the stomach to see every snap of the Jets AND Dolphins this year....

I hope jones gets 1500 yards, I drafted him in my fantasy league the other night. Watching every Jets and Dolphins snap? I think you'd have to get your stomach pumped after like 2 weeks :puke: