MLB Post-Season Discussion/Predictions

nmigliore

Earlier my friend disagreed with me when I said not to count Boston out. Sure the Rays were in a good position and still are, but after 2004, I am never going to doubt Boston when it comes to making a comeback. I still hope they lose, but I'll stick with my gut feeling that they are going to come back and win the ALCS.

This seems less likely this go around as opposed to last year. Games 3 and 4 they looked absolutely dead and buried. Let's hope I am wrong, but I don't see the Sox making it to the World Series this year.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude shut up you kill EVERY conversation.

I know how much their friggin payroll is, EVERYONE DOES. Let me enjoy the win without being a baby in a thread about two teams THAT YOU DON'T EVEN ROOT FOR.

Now you know how I felt in the 90's when YOUR fans did the same thing.

See how stupid it sounds? And how frustrating it sounds? Now you know how we felt years ago, enjoy it and get u$ed to it.

I'm just trying to be consistent...something Red $ox fans like to forget, that's all.

Edited by LOTCB

BOSTON wins 8-7 in the bottom of the 9th! An error with two outs killed Tampa Bay and Game 5 for them. Wow. Boston the 2nd biggest comeback in MLB history tonight down 7-0 comeback and win 8-7. Tampa Bay leads the series now 3-2 with Games 6 and 7 in Tampa Bay. This is a devastating loss for Tampa Bay and they need to wrap up this series @ home in Game 6. If they don't, Boston can pull off another series deficit in back to back seasons. Just Wow.

Dont count out Boston.... you already had Tampa Bay in the World Series and wrong again... Boston just may win game 6 and then its anyones series..

games and series are never over until the clock hits 0:00... Football, Hockey, Basketball, baseball..... never underestimate your opponent. never think you have a game or series won until you actually win it.

It is amazing that the Rays had a 7-0 lead in the bottom of the 7th inning with 2 outs and they LOST THE GAME 8-7. That is devastating to the Rays and it will be interesting to see if they can bounce back at home Saturday night for Game 6.

how many times will you post the same thing? LOL

Dont count out Boston.... you already had Tampa Bay in the World Series and wrong again... Boston just may win game 6 and then its anyones series..

games and series are never over until the clock hits 0:00... Football, Hockey, Basketball, baseball..... never underestimate your opponent. never think you have a game or series won until you actually win it.

I think the series is over. Boston in 7 and Boston wins the series again.

I hate BOLD predictions like that, you sound like satansdevils now! :P

Either way, I just hope the AL wins the world series!

No, see with Clown he actually gets 'em right sometimes :lol:

SD is the Bizarro-Nostradamus!

Now you know how I felt in the 90's when YOUR fans did the same thing.

See how stupid it sounds? And how frustrating it sounds? Now you know how we felt years ago, enjoy it and get u$ed to it.

I'm just trying to be consistent...something Red $ox fans like to forget, that's all.

You know how it is man. I'm passionate as hell about my Red Sox. I was depressed and trying to fall asleep last night when they were getting trounced. The crowd going crazy for Papi's homerun woke up up haha. And by the end of the game I was bouncing up and down around my room going nuts.

But if you want to bring up the money conversation, I'll play. Look at their free agent signings versus their smart trades and minor league callups. Yes, they are fortunate to have a ton of cash to spend, but they do it the right way. Something the Yankees, Mets, Angels, and Tigers need to learn how to do.

Bay is the prime example, he didn't have big money thrown at him in free agency (cough YANKEES), we all know he came in the trade to get Manny the hell out of Boston.

Beckett was acquired in a trade. The only reason Lowell is here is because the Marlins said take Lowell if you want Beckett. That ended up turning out great.

Meanwhile there is Varitek (although drafted by the Mariners he's a Sox lifer), Pedroia, Ellsbury, Youk, Lowrie that are all minor leaguers.

JD Drew you ask? Big money free agent signing? Yes. But he was not playing so well with the other teams he was on. The Sox did the same thing that they did with Ortiz and work with him hitting-wise. Last year I HATED Drew and thought he was going to be a Yankee type singing that never panned out. Besides his back, he's terrific!

The ONLY player I will give you for the money=power aspect is Dice K. Not many teams had the cash to bid for him.

So you have to admit that the Sox are smart w/ their money while keeping farm players around and creating winning teams.

The Yankees on the other hand... Abreau, Damon, Sexson, Pudge, Pavano, Kevin Brown, A-Rod (Mr. Playoffs right?),... Then the Mets with Alou, Beltran, Delgado, Santana (meanwhile their best players have been Wright and Reyes. Mets farm guys!!!!

Beckett was acquired in a trade. The only reason Lowell is here is because the Marlins said take Lowell if you want Beckett. That ended up turning out great.

So you have to admit that the Sox are smart w/ their money while keeping farm players around and creating winning teams.

The Yankees on the other hand... Abreau, Damon, Sexson, Pudge, Pavano, Kevin Brown, A-Rod (Mr. Playoffs right?),... Then the Mets with Alou, Beltran, Delgado, Santana (meanwhile their best players have been Wright and Reyes. Mets farm guys!!!!

The Beckett 'trade' and let's be fair was a pure dump of $....I mean yes the $ox paid for him in players..but if the marlins werent run like a farm team, they could have kept him...personally I still view that as a $ move...

I never disagree that the Red $ox have made some shrewd moves over the last few seasons....and I do not di$agree that the Red $ox are a well run organization and they are what the Yankee$ USED to be in the 90's....now it is your turn to enjoy these classic moments.

For your sake, just hope the Red $ox do not become like the Yankee$ of recent years and get stupid and overspend.

1-0 Sox in the 4th.. wow.. if they win.. just, wow.. talk about chokers instead of the Mets, you got the Cubs and now possibly the Rays, all in one year!

Im hoping the Sox win b/c I really dont think the Rays will beat the Phillies..

edit: i guess i just jinxed them LOL as soon as I hit 'submit' they tied it, 1-1..

Edited by nmigliore

1-0 Sox in the 4th.. wow.. if they win.. just, wow.. talk about chokers instead of the Mets, you got the Cubs and now possibly the Rays, all in one year!

Im hoping the Sox win b/c I really dont think the Rays will beat the Phillies..

edit: i guess i just jinxed them LOL as soon as I hit 'submit' they tied it, 1-1..

Cmon no love for the Phillies the only team in town I'd root for

GO PHILLIES

The Tampa Bay Rays are the American League Champions!

For the 1st time ever they are in the WS in their 10-years of existence. Wow, what a game! Tampa Bay wins Game 7 - 3-1 over Boston. Boston gave everything they had as defending WS Champions and fell short. MLB will have a new WS Champion this season.

Congratulations to the Tampa Bay Rays!

Phillies @ Rays

Game 1 of the WS

Wednesday night. Oct. 22.

Edited by SatansDevils

Awesome, Philly vs Tampa.

For the first time in years MLB will have a legitimate Champion :dance:

A champion that does not buy a championship, or try to :giggle:

This is a victory for baseball and hopefully in the not too distant future MLB will get in-line with the rest of the major sports and impose a salary cap. To stop big money teams (who can't draft for $hit) ruining other teams chances of fielding a competative team because they keep buying thier star players.