MLB Post-Season Discussion/Predictions

nmigliore

At least the Mets aren't the only team that knows how to choke. Man, the Cubs and their fans have been waiting to lose from the first pitch of Game 1.

I do think Lou made a huge mistake benching his regulars as much as he did the final week, he morphed into Tony Dungy more or less.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BOOOOOM HR MANNY RAMIREZ!!!!

It is 6-0 now Dodgers and the Cubs fans are just disgusted and in shock right now.

I do hope Omar is watching this series and hopefully he goes out in the offseason and get his guy and favorite player Manny Ramirez! :koolaid: Mets could sure use him next season and a LF with power. Go sign Ramirez Omar!

Edited by SatansDevils

I like Manny in spite of his idiosyncrascies but let's be honest about one thing - he flat-out quit on the Red Sox. I heard he even said one leg was injured then when he went for an exam he forgot which leg he claimed was hurt and said the other one was injured :doh1:

Maybe whoever signs him will get good Manny for the first couple years - if he doesn't break down, god knows the Mets have had bad enough luck with 35+ year olds - but he does come with his own set of distractions.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Dodgers-Red Sox (or Rays) World Series just for the entertainment value of what Hank Steinbrenner would say, god knows he's jealous enough that Torre made the playoffs at all :P

Edited by Hasan4978

CC pitching on 3-day rest, 4th time in a row..

Over-worked.

'nuff said.

Clearly that didn't help. For his career he has not been a good postseason pitcher though. His numbers:

5 starts, 7.92 ERA, 2-3 W-L, 25 IP, 33 H, 22 ER, 22 BB, 24 K

That being said I would still like to see the Mets take a shot at him in the offseason.

Cubs just falling apart here in Game 2. Four of the five runs scored were unearned on two errors in the 3rd inning and now more errors in the 4th inning. Wow. Not Zambrano's fault and his team needs to score some runs for him. Just have a feeling the Dodgers are going to the WS in the NL. Torre to just rub it in on the Yankees even more for letting him go. 5-0 Dodgers bot 4th.

As a Yankees fan I can care less about Torre 'rubbing it in the face' of the Yankees...in fact, I'm happy for Torre.

Maybe Yankee haters need to let it go

As a Yankees fan I can care less about Torre 'rubbing it in the face' of the Yankees...in fact, I'm happy for Torre.

Maybe Yankee haters need to let it go

I agree, as a Yankee fan, and a young one who grew up watching the 90's dynasty teams, I would be thrilled to see Torre win another WS. I worry that the NY media may have a field day criticizing the Yankees, but still, I would love to see Torre get another ring. This is coming from one of Torre's biggest critics too.

I agree, as a Yankee fan, and a young one who grew up watching the 90's dynasty teams, I would be thrilled to see Torre win another WS. I worry that the NY media may have a field day criticizing the Yankees, but still, I would love to see Torre get another ring. This is coming from one of Torre's biggest critics too.

But let's not spoil the Yankee Hates cravings to find ANYTHING against the Yankee fan :whistling:

Game 3 - Philadelphia Phillies (Moyer) @ Milwaukee Brewers (Bush), PHI leads series 2-0

-The BrewCrew rolled into the post-season but have struggled big-time offensively in the first 2 games, getting shutdown by Cole Hamels in Game 1 and by Brett Myers in Game 2. The pitching has not been strong either; both Gallardo and Sabathia failing to go deep into their games forced the Brewers to use much of their bullpen. If Milwaukee wants to stand a chance of not getting swept they better bring the lumber and get at LEAST a quality start out of Bush. For some reason I see Moyer shutting down this impatient Brewer bunch and finishing off this series. Rating: **1/2

My pick: Phillies

Game 3 - Chicago Cubs (Harden) @ Los Angeles Dodgers (Kuroda), LAD leads series 2-0

-Oh boy, them Cubbies and their playoff struggles.. What is it now, 8 straight losses since that '03 series vs FLA? Eek.. Harden is not a guy whose gonna give you a 7+ inning performance, but I think he'll do a good job tonight and I'm expecting a sign of life from the Cubs bats.. However, for what its worth, Kuroda is 1-1 with a 0.59 ERA in 2 starts vs the Cubs this year (totaling 15.1 IP), 1 start being a complete game shutout. Hmm... Rating: ***1/2

My pick: Cubs

Edited by nmigliore

DODGERS SWEEP THE CUBS IN THE NLDS!!! WOW!

For the first time since 1988 the LA Dodgers win a playoff series. Dodgers sweep the Cubs who had the best record in the NL this season are done in 3-games. Dodgers outscore the Cubs 20-6 and all 3 starters for the Dodgers got the win. Dodgers win Game 3, 3-1 and complete the sweep. The Cubs are done. Just Wow right now. It will now be 101 years the Cubs have not won a WS. Dodgers move onto the NLCS for the first time since 1988. Congrats and Go Dodgers in the NL!

The Brewers stayed alive beating the Phillies 4-1 and now back in that series with the Phillies and look to tie that series up @ 2-2 to force a Game 5 in Philadelphia. Go Brewers!

Edited by SatansDevils

God hates the Yankees more and will put Joe Torre in the World Series just to spite the Steinbrenners :P

Nononoo.. God is a Yankees fan thats why he made them win so many championships. Therefore that proves he hates the Mets and for some reason he hates the Cubs more.

I still dont see the Dodgers going to the WS.. Unless they play the Brewers..

Edited by nmigliore

Nononoo.. God is a Yankees fan thats why he made them win so many championships. Therefore that proves he hates the Mets and for some reason he hates the Cubs more.

I still dont see the Dodgers going to the WS.. Unless they play the Brewers..

in all reality this alleged almighty I think has better things to do then rig sporting events B )

makes me wonder though if said deity has a cabinet where he delegates crap like this.... could you imagine the board meetings??? :lol:

I do hope they get Tampa/Brewers in the World Series, since the Ratings will match NHL games :P

in all reality this alleged almighty I think has better things to do then rig sporting events B )

makes me wonder though if said deity has a cabinet where he delegates crap like this.... could you imagine the board meetings??? :lol:

I do hope they get Tampa/Brewers in the World Series, since the Ratings will match NHL games :P

MIL needs an absolute miracle to get to the WS.. their rotation is all messed up without Sheets, they keep relying on Sabathia on 3-day rest (and if they force a Game 5 vs PHI, CC will pitch AGAIN on 3-day rest).. Suppan is crap now, Bush was quality yesterday.. but thats not gonna be enough, even if CC and Bush pitched gems the rest of the way. Suppan will probably get smacked around today

MIL needs an absolute miracle to get to the WS.. their rotation is all messed up without Sheets, they keep relying on Sabathia on 3-day rest (and if they force a Game 5 vs PHI, CC will pitch AGAIN on 3-day rest).. Suppan is crap now, Bush was quality yesterday.. but thats not gonna be enough, even if CC and Bush pitched gems the rest of the way. Suppan will probably get smacked around today

SEE..

(Suppan: 3.0 IP, 6 hits, 5 ER, 2 walks, 3 strikeouts, 3 HRs yielded)

NLCS will be Phillies vs. Dodgers - I don't want a Philly team to win a title so I will be pulling for the Dodgers. Plus LA has Torre.

No need to worry. Torre, Ramirez and the Dodgers to win the NLCS. :) Dodgers seem to be playing better in the playoffs right now plus they beat the best team in the NL to advance. GO Dodgers!

No need to worry. Torre, Ramirez and the Dodgers to win the NLCS. :) Dodgers seem to be playing better in the playoffs right now plus they beat the best team in the NL to advance. GO Dodgers!

Out of the blue I decided to see what Tanyon Sturtze, one of my favorite players, was up to. I was surprised to see he pitched a couple of innings for the Dodgers. Then I found out that when they went to send him back to the minors, he asked to stay with the big club in some capacity, so they made him the third bullpen catcher. Now this could be wrong, but according to people on another forum I post on, he would be eligible for a WS ring if they win, due to him being on the roster during the year and still employed by the team. I hope they win it for Torre, Mattingly, and Sturtze.

and so ends the Dodger playoff run in ONE fell swoop :P

I think the Phillies match-up well against the Dodgers. I think pitching and bullpen goes to the Phillies, hitting should go to the Phillies but the Dodgers look good offensively. I think Manny has to be a big part for the Dodgers to win and he has to be a leader.