MLB Post-Season Discussion/Predictions

nmigliore

I don't know how they can keep playing under these conditions in Philly. This is a disgrace really. 1/2 the stadium has gone home. Wind, freezing rain....

I guess the rain's not supposed to let up and they don't want to crown a World Series champion in the dugout after a rain delay. It looks like the last weekend when the Mets played through a driving rain against the Cubs because there was no makeup left.

I doubt anyone's gone home, there are a lot of people jammed in the concourse I'd bet though.

Edited by Hasan4978

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the rain's not supposed to let up and they don't want to crown a World Series champion in the dugout after a rain delay. It looks like the last weekend when the Mets played through a driving rain against the Cubs because there was no makeup left.

I doubt anyone's gone home, there are a lot of people jammed in the concourse I'd bet though.

good point....though I think this rule needs tinkering with.

now that it's 2-2, can they call it now before Philly goes ahead? :pray:

Game 5 is in a rain delay tied @ 2-2 in the bottom of the 6th and it will be a suspended game until it resumes after the bad weather, which is going to go into tomorrow. Don't see how or when they will finish this game. No matter what, this Game 5 will start back up in the bottom of the 6th tied @ 2-2.

This can help the Rays for sure especially if they have to go continue this Game 5 in Tampa Bay.

This can help the Rays for sure especially if they have to go continue this Game 5 in Tampa Bay.

What?

Like seriously?

How fvcking stupid is this league if they let a championship game CHANGE VENUE??

Serves them right for milking the post-season

BJ Upton stole that base EASILY off of Hamels in the toughest conditions..

The one thing I really have noticed with both teams is they actually know how to use the running game.. the Mets have so much speed yet they didnt use it effectively this year, in 2007 they were great though with Reyes and Wright having terrific Stolen-Base years.. But this year Wright rarely stole a base and Jose wasn't as aggressive and/or he ran late in the count.

I shudder to think what would happen if they went and called the game right after it got tied when any regular game would have been called after the fifth inning, if Flyer fans got upset over a no-goal call in the first month of the regular season Phillie fans will be absolutely deranged now :o

I didn't know they actually would continue the game in Tampa, is that what they said would happen? That's just ridiculous. They might as well play the two scheduled games in Tampa if neccesary then go back to Philly after the fact and finish 'Game 5' if Tampa somehow wins both.

Edited by Hasan4978

I shudder to think what would happen if they went and called the game right after it got tied when any regular game would have been called after the fifth inning, if Flyer fans got upset over a no-goal call in the first month of the regular season Phillie fans will be absolutely deranged now :o

I didn't know they actually would continue the game in Tampa, is that what they said would happen? That's just ridiculous. They might as well play the two scheduled games in Tampa if neccesary then go back to Philly after the fact and finish 'Game 5' if Tampa somehow wins both.

I didn't hear anyone say that but it would be beyond ridiculous is they do that. Plus they should give refunds to everyone that went tonight.

What's the rush though? this is the World Series. Wait as long as you can before re starting this game. Even if it's Wednesday

It's all about the TV Networks you know that and they want their series when they want their series!!

I am really upset that they finally decided to go into a Rain Delay when Tampa ties it, Bullsh!t. Your right it would have been called for any game but since it is a clinching game they did not call it. Just get back at it tomorrow night

Look at the radar I find it hard to imagine them finishing the game tonight

Edited by Verran12

Game's been officially suspended till tomorrow...but the rain's not supposed to let up then either.

By the weather reports it is suppose to get worse tomorrow and it is going to be even colder with a high of 47 degrees. There are certain areas that may get some wet snow too. Game 5 may even resume on Wednesday depending on how bad the weather is going to be tomorrow.

Fox News in Philly is talking about all the arrests that have been made and all of the Rays fans that have been tormented and beaten and some youngster getting beer poured on him. Never stops with these a$$holes does it.

What a shock. If any group of fans deserved to get screwed like this, it's those clowns.

But at least the Phillies can go home...according to ESPN's playoff blog, the Rays don't have a hotel to stay at :lol:

And now for yet another complication: The Rays checked out of their hotel in center-city Philadelphia, in anticipation of flying home after the game -- and they can't get back in, because the hotel is sold out.
Edited by Hasan4978

Fox News in Philly is talking about all the arrests that have been made and all of the Rays fans that have been tormented and beaten and some youngster getting beer poured on him. Never stops with these a$$holes does it.

Like that never happens anywhere else. :rolleyes:

Same sh!t would happen in New York and Boston, plus a number of other cities.

I hope to God the Phillies do CHOKE and the Rays comeback and win this WS! It wouldn't be the 1st time a Philadelphia team chokes. I fvcking hate those scumbag fans of theirs. They are really classless and POS. I wish the worst on those fans and the Phillies. FVCK them and their phans.

Edited by SatansDevils

I know Philly fans really want a title, but I would not want to win the cities first championship in 30 years leading 2-1 when the game was called after 5 innings. If I was a player, I'd want to finish the game and not win a World Series like that.

The MLB must be going insane because they were running out of options if Tampa didn't score. Can you imagine the outcry if the game was cancelled. Think how big of one it was when Selig called the All-Star game. This would have reachdc epic heights.

Sorry but the post-season is too weak. The 2 top teams, Cubs and Angels, choked.. the Red-Sox are the only ones that are left really, and if they lose tonight they are pretty much done.. and they will probably lose tonight with WAKEFIELD pitching.

Rays will choke in the WS, i still think they are also a big flukey bunch, and the Phillies will win the WS in 5 games. 6 games max.

Oh how true this is looking... looks like I sadly nailed the button on this one :doh1:

Oh how true this is looking... looks like I sadly nailed the button on this one :doh1:

But if the Met$ were there, I am sure you would have been singing a different tune about the rays.

Trust me, when I hate a team that wins the title, I try this technique as well, that the competition is not that good etc.

But if the Met$ were there, I am sure you would have been singing a different tune about the rays.

Trust me, when I hate a team that wins the title, I try this technique as well, that the competition is not that good etc.

Not really: The Mets had an awful bullpen. The Phillies and Rays have very strong bullpens, which is a HUGE reason they are playing in the WS. I would never expect the Mets to win 1 playoff series, let alone 3. Santana was the only one who can gurantee you 7 innings.. Oliver Perez is too erratic, Pedro RARELY got through 6 it seemed (or at least without struggling mighty) .. Maine is not a deep-innings pitcher either, but he was hurt.. Pelfrey is someone you can probably get 7 innings out of.. but thats it really; Santana and Pelfrey. Thats ALOT of work for the Mets bullpen. This team struggled to close out a game with a 4-5 run lead.. you expect them to somehow magically patchwork 9 or more outs without f'n up?! No way; thats why the Mets probably would have been 1 and done

Oh and you can also throw in the fact that for Mets offense was like an 'ON/OFF' switch the last month or so of the season

Rays vs Mets comparison

Starting Pitching: Rays (after Santana we have..... ?.. okay Pelfrey but he definitely tired down his last couple starts..)

Bullpen Pitching: Rays (um nothing much else to say here, this is an easy one)

Offense: Mets (assuming that on/off crap wasn't going on)

Defense: Mets (All great infielders, Castillo is decent, outfield is great defensively).. but IMO this is not a big factor..

Experience: Mets (?) .. they have playoff experience .. but not WS

Overall: Rays. Pitching Wins. done.

Edited by nmigliore