MLB Post-Season Discussion/Predictions

nmigliore

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the Tampa Bay Rays! They KO the White Sox 6-2 in Game 4 and 3-1 in the ALDS to advance to their 1st ever ALCS. Have to root for Floyd and the Rays in the AL. Go Rays!

It sucks that the team you rooted for a few years back in the world series wont be back.... ;)

As a Yankees fan, the Rays remind me of that little brother that we kicked around all the time growing up, and now he's finally full grown and can stand on his own. I feel a small sense of twisted pride on this. Add to that the fact that I'd root for the New York Rangers over the Red Sox, and I hope Tampa can pull it off.

On the NL side, it's a toss up. Hate Manny, love Torre, very meh on the Phillies franchise. I'll wait and see what comes of it all.

Phillies win Game 2 over the Dodgers 8-5 and lead 2-0 in the series. It now shifts over to LA for the next 3-games where the Dodgers need to win all 3-games or at least two of them going back to Philadelphia. Phillies were swept in a 4-game series out in LA this season.

Boston wins Game 1 in Tampa Bay 2-0 and lead the series 1-0 with Game 2 tomorrow in TB.

Phillies win Game 2 over the Dodgers 8-5 and lead 2-0 in the series. It now shifts over to LA for the next 3-games where the Dodgers need to win all 3-games or at least two of them going back to Philadelphia. Phillies were swept in a 4-game series out in LA this season.

I guess you bold statement will be wrong again.... you said the Dodgers will win that series and you jinxed them and now the Philles will win it, thanks

I guess you bold statement will be wrong again.... you said the Dodgers will win that series and you jinxed them and now the Philles will win it, thanks

dude's more accurate then an atomic clock in reverse :P

Why do you always talk ridiculous sh!t? You make yourself look like a fool all the time.

Haha, this is coming from the kid who was in serious arguments with his own Met fans, and fans of the same team who said you look like a fool. Do you want me to find these posts?

Go Phillies!

its so funny seeing all of the "Rays fans" .. you know all of those phonies wearing the new-look jerseys/gear are phony bandwagoners. The fans with the oldschool 'Devil Rays' uniforms are the true fans..

But then u can make a case the true fans just wanted to buy the new jersey to look cool/be new.. but i will bet anyone the majority of them are bandwagoners.

Edited by nmigliore

Never thought I would see this

Sorry but the post-season is too weak. The 2 top teams, Cubs and Angels, choked.. the Red-Sox are the only ones that are left really, and if they lose tonight they are pretty much done.. and they will probably lose tonight with WAKEFIELD pitching.

Rays will choke in the WS, i still think they are also a big flukey bunch, and the Phillies will win the WS in 5 games. 6 games max.

Edited by nmigliore

Sorry but the post-season is too weak. The 2 top teams, Cubs and Angels, choked.. the Red-Sox are the only ones that are left really, and if they lose tonight they are pretty much done.. and they will probably lose tonight with WAKEFIELD pitching.

Rays will choke in the WS, i still think they are also a big flukey bunch, and the Phillies will win the WS in 5 games. 6 games max.

:doh1:

lol, you are really under estimating the TB Rays. They are the best team right now left in the playoffs. If they beat Boston tonight, it looks like they will go onto the WS and you are crazy to even think the Phillies could beat the Rays. :rofl: Rays are having a one of a kind season so far and they are for real.

Edited by SatansDevils

:doh1:

lol, you are really under estimating the TB Rays. They are the best team right now left in the playoffs. If they beat Boston tonight, it looks like they will go onto the WS and you are crazy to even think the Phillies could beat the Rays. :rofl: Rays are having a one of a kind season so far and they are for real.

Well that makes it official. Phillies are winning it.

Thanks for the jinx SD :rant::argh:

Haha, all that will do is make the Mets the highest payed team in 2009 that will not make the playoffs. You probably will get Manny though.

Oh btw u should edit your sig. I said the Phillies will win the WS cause SD jinxed it, or you could put if they play TB.

Oh btw u should edit your sig. I said the Phillies will win the WS cause SD jinxed it, or you could put if they play TB.

Didn't do anything lol and you said that before I even gave my opinions so nice try getting out of that one. :P You can have the Phillies and I'll take the Rays thank you. The last thing we all want to see is the Phillies win the WS. :puke:

Stop trying to cover everything up

See it looks like Verran busted you. Told you lol. You said it long before I said anything :P

Stop trying to cover everything up

Learn how to use the quote button you tool.

Didn't do anything lol and you said that before I even gave my opinions so nice try getting out of that one. :P You can have the Phillies and I'll take the Rays thank you. The last thing we all want to see is the Phillies win the WS. :puke:

See it looks like Verran busted you. Told you lol. You said it long before I said anything :P

Your on Verran's side?!! Betrayal! SD you a Philly Phanatic now?

Edited by nmigliore