MLB Post-Season Discussion/Predictions

nmigliore

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yankee fans can cheer for Tampa all they want, but it doesn't change the fact that the Sox got a lot farther than the Yanks did this year. :P

Nor does it change the fact that neither won it all and unless Boston is as bad as the Junior Varsity neither team will be hanging banners for anything next season.

Yankee fans can cheer for Tampa all they want, but it doesn't change the fact that the Sox got a lot farther than the Yanks did this year. :P

Honestly I just hate the closer on that team more then anyone...the rest of the team I do not mind...

Yankee$ are down right now...$o be it.

I dont think that means anything though.. and im not a fan of either, but considering Boston won the wild card and not the division or any other banner, they really didn't do much more than the Yankees

I wish the same can be said with the Phillies/Mets :angry:

Edited by nmigliore

Mets Fans should be rooting for the Rays also.... and Devils fans too. I dont want to see any championship in Philly!!!

LETS GO RAYS!!!

Phils lead series 1-0. Like I said, I expect the Phils to win the WS since they are playing TB instead of BOS, I dont think TB is "the real deal", we'll see what happens. God I hope Im wrong though, GO RAYS..

They need a win tonight. 0-2 going to Philly could mean series over

Phils lead series 1-0. Like I said, I expect the Phils to win the WS since they are playing TB instead of BOS, I dont think TB is "the real deal", we'll see what happens. God I hope Im wrong though, GO RAYS..

They need a win tonight. 0-2 going to Philly could mean series over

Even after beating the Red Sox in both the regular season and postseason, dominating for 24 straight innings in Fenway? The Rays' pitching is solid and severely underrated though the closer thing could be a problem later in the series.

I don't really care that much who wins the series to be honest though it's always fun to see Philly fans suffer. That said, maybe if the Phillies win it'd deflate the egos of some people in the Met organization who still think they're the greatest thing since sliced bread and should win the division every year :P

Edited by Hasan4978

Even after beating the Red Sox in both the regular season and postseason, dominating for 24 straight innings in Fenway? The Rays' pitching is solid and severely underrated though the closer thing could be a problem later in the series.

I do not get the logic of the Rays not being 'the real deal either'

Won 97 games in the best division in the majors hands down and they are not the real deal?

Me thinks it is more of a hatred for the Phillies that created that comment.

I don't really care that much who wins the series to be honest though it's always fun to see Philly fans suffer. That said, maybe if the Phillies win it'd deflate the egos of some people in the Met organization who still think they're the greatest thing since sliced bread and should win the division every year :P

Yes I still think they are not winning this series. Good job they won Game 2, if they lost that its probably series over b/c Philly would not have lost all 3 games at home.. But they got the W to tie heading to Philly.. I expect Philly to take 2/3, making the series 3-2 heading back to TB where they, the Phils, will either win the WS in Game 6 or 7.

Edited by nmigliore

MLB WORLD SERIES 2008 - Tampa Bay Rays (RHP, Matt Garza) @ Philadelphia Phillies (LHP, Jamie Moyer) - Game 3, 8pm ET on FOX

-Phillies have to be happy to come home for 3 games with the series tied at 1, certainly I look at this and give them the advantage.. However, Moyer has been awful in the playoffs.. I think the Phils bats will support him though.. Im expecting a high scoring affair. Its also gonna rain probably.. mmm should be interesting

Prediction: Phillies

World Series Game Rating: ***

But of course: LETS GO RAYS

Edited by nmigliore

Thanks SD.. stop jinxing man!!! You said the Rays would win.. :rant:

Oh here we go again. Yeah because of me the Phillies are going to win the WS. Please get over it lol. I never said the Rays were going to win the WS lol. Just wanted to SEE the Rays win the WS like every other Mets fan here.

It is rather sad and disgusting that the Phillies are going to win the WS. :puke: Those POS fans do not deserve it as they are the scum of all fans. Well it was about time they win something. :P It's not over yet, but...

Edited by SatansDevils

Speaking of upcoming offseason, since after tonight it will be baseball offseason, when does free agency EXACTLY start? I think its like November 13th or so, no? But teams can negotiate trades/RE-signings after the WS ends?

Can anyone clarify that?