NFL Week 14

CRASHER

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't blame Romo he has no receivers. Aside from Witten he has NO ONE (I haven't seen enough of Williams yet) who can breakout of coverage and run smart routes. Romo has to make plays in order for Dallas to win, he has no help. Not having Barber hurts as well.

what the fvck did i just read?

You hide in a hole all year and drink women's beer and think you have the right to climb out and goat now?? I think now :P

Btw, how come LOTCB are you a Panther fan ? You jumped off the Bills wagon ?

He got laid off as a bills fan to get them under the salary cap :lol:

No he is just a tortured soul, who has quit on all of his teams only to jump back on when things start to go well, only to be stabbed in the heart again. He's like that girl who keeps going back to her jackass, abusing husband, who promises that he has changed and things will be different. At first things might be going well... after a while he just needs a little money to get him out of a jam. And when she gives it to him, he gets her again.

But for some reason he wants to act like an 8-year-old who just picks a new team based on who's hot.

Anyway....as for the Bills...I'm coining it right here on this board. The Bills have clearly fallen to the Curse of Doug Flutie.

It makes perfect sense. In 1999, Doug Flutie had started the first 15 games for the Bills. He had let them to a very respectible 10-5 record. Wade Phillips decided to "rest" him in week 17 and starts Rob Johnson instead. Johnson plays quite well against a Colts team that was 13-2 and was resting a lot of players. Apparently Johnson played so well that Phillips decided to bench his starting QB of the first 15 games in favour of Rob fvcking Johnson.

The rest is history. The Bills lose the Wild Card game in the most crushinng way. That would be the last time the Bills made the playoffs. The following season Johnson becomes the starting quarterback going 4-7, while Flutie goes 4-1 as a starter. The next season after that, the Bills keep Johnson who goes 1-7 as a starter and the team finishes 3-13.

Now they have this Toronto Series. The Bills are playing in the country where Flutie is a National hero. They are playing in a city where Flutie won two Grey Cups, and two MVPs. And they expected to have success? Instead they got embarassed and failed to score a TD.

The Curse of Doug Flutie my friends. The disrespect that Phillips and the Bills showed Flutie was second to none in the NFL.

But for some reason he wants to act like an 8-year-old who just picks a new team based on who's hot.

Why would he pick a team that is blatantly schizophrenic then??

Why would he not be a Titans fan... or on the Giants bandwagon like 2.3 of this board :rolleyes:

Why Carolina??

What makes them so special??

And be honest when you live and your tie to a team is you grew up rooting for them and they just don't care (Devils to Nashville.... the one Net fan being mad at Brooklyn)... it's allowable to ask for a sports fan divorce then and ONLY then

you just don't like it because you fear the Clown Curse!!!!

What 2/3 of this board are Giants fans...overtime, fiestygoat and Tri?!

If anything this board's pretty diverse when it comes to football fans - hell we have about as many Cowboy fans as Giant fans with CRASHER, Udx, martysbetter and SatansDevils. 7, me, nmiglore and Beezer are the Jet fan contingent. dr's a Panthers fan, Clown is a Bills fan though he's currently filing for divorce :P VALUE and MadDog are Fish fans. There are a few Pats fans including Don and CR1976. And of course our resident Ravens fan in Manta and Steelers fan in TZ.

Edited by Hasan4978

Boy was something to watch. Nothing like running all over a team.

See??

Nothing bad happened!!

Clown rooted for a team and it WAS GOOD!!!!!! B )

(and oddly enough I won my irrelevant money league game :P)

All it means is that Clown has not actually switched teams, and still as much as he doesn't want to admit it, will always love the Bills.

geesh

what do I have to do

take screen shots of the texts??? :P

the Toronto move was the breaking point... I heard it all season long

this would be a funny bit but he's really moving on

and it was either Carolina or Phily... and I ranted about Phily sports calling them more painful then Buffalo!!!

geesh

what do I have to do

take screen shots of the texts??? :P

the Toronto move was the breaking point... I heard it all season long

this would be a funny bit but he's really moving on

and it was either Carolina or Phily... and I ranted about Phily sports calling them more painful then Buffalo!!!

I'm just messing around, but the guy's history shows how much he goes back on what he says. He had given up on hockey, on posting, on the Sabres. It goes on and on...

But say the Bills go 12-4 next year, how is he not going to be a fan?

Edited by devilsrule33

I'm just messing around, but the guy's history shows how much he goes back on what he says. He had given up on hockey, on posting, on the Sabres. It goes on and on...

But say the Bills go 12-4 next year, how is he not going to be a fan?

I really don't think so

he's convinced they are moving to Toronto

as a Nordique fan how they feel about the Avalanche??

I really don't think so

he's convinced they are moving to Toronto

as a Nordique fan how they feel about the Avalanche??

I think the Toronto thing is years away. The whole event this week was a disaster.

The game didn't even sell out a 54,000 stadium for good reason. You mark up tickets a few hundred percent and think everyone will automatically want to see a game. The die hard fans would rather make the trip to Buffalo than pay $500 to see a sh!tty game. You get no atmosphere because it is just a bunch of corporate suits who get free tickets and don't even know a thing about football.

Wilson is getting 9.5 million per game, which is a fantastic deal.

At the very least, Mr. Jones believes he's in a position to question Marion Barber's toughness. Barber didn't play in Pittsburgh yesterday with calf and pinkie toe injuries, and Jones roundaboutly called him a sissy yesterday. From Star-Telegram.com:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_...?urn=nfl,127609

That's a fantastic way to alienate a running back. I'd love to be there when Jones calls Barber into his office and says, "Awww, does him him a wittle pinkie toe boo-boo?"

I think it's usually best to tread lightly where another man's injury is concerned, especially for a guy like Barber, whose toughness, to my knowledge, has never been up for debate before. I'm sure Mr. Jones is frustrated after the loss, but unless he's dealt with the exact same injuries and performed the exact same tasks he's asking someone else to perform, it's probably not wise to call that guy a wuss.

I wouldn't count on that Barber/Cowboys relationship lasting a whole lot longer. If Jones thinks Barber's a sissy, and is willing to publicly insult him about it, I can't see him making Barber a cornerstone of the franchise, either. And I can't see Barber wanting to play for a guy who thinks he's Charmin-soft.

Apparently the NFL has made it clear that a franchise will not relocate so Mr. Adam Schefter reports.

The main problem is with the stadium. The NFL doesn't think it is viable for an NFL team.

From Jay Onraits blog:

By all accounts the atmosphere inside the 'Dome resembled a city morgue. The tickets for this game were so over-priced it was an embarrassment. Meanwhile, Greater Toronto Area residents could drive an entire 2 hours to Buffalo and experience real tailgating and a real NFL atmosphere for an entire season for about the same price as a couple of good seats cost to this game. All without ripping the heart out of an economically depressed area of the United States. Does Toronto really need an NFL team? The CFL's future in the city is looking a lot brighter today.
Edited by devilsrule33

Still, Devils33, I think LOTCB's just abused by the Bills... I mean, how can you fvcking let a game away in Toronto, in DEC Vs the Dolphins, when you prolly needs that game for Playoff hopes ? I mean, it could have been a different game if they played in Buffalo but what ever...

I mean, sure the Bills made to the Superbowl 4times in a row, but if you look further more, there are franchises that are less fortunate..

Lions,Cards(For the past), ect

Clown, still, Lets just take a look @ your Bills.. Lets say they draft a TE, while Edwards comes in as his 3rd year, while the O-line gets upgraded, and Lynch returns to his rookie form..

And the D-line starts to put up pressure..

The Bills could be good next year, I mean, I remember seeing you rooting for the Bills really hard when they were 5-1..

Anyway, its your choice.

Its just I'm a real Steeler fan, (Since I saw Bettis and watched the NFL the first time..) but I always kind of had a soft spot for the Bills, IDK Why,.. Maybe I get all their games since I live in Quebec on citytv :P

. against the best team in the AFC...

The same "best team in the AFC" in the same building, that the Giants defeated this year?

Or the steelers "not the best team in the AFC" then?

you're right; It wasn't a 17 point lead, it was 17 points that the cowboys choked away to lose the game.

HAHAHA

Steelers won :D !

Next game vs the Ravens, I'M so looking forward to that match-up :o

TZ: I am actually dreading this game. We beat the crap out of you guys in the first half our last game only to see victory sail on by with a courageous effort by big Ben. I HATE PLAYING PITTSBURGH.