Strange night for calls and non-calls, too

SC Devs Fan

Strange night for calls and non-calls, too

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/2009/01...s-too.html#more

Devils coach Brent Sutter tried to bite his tongue when asked after tonight's game about the interference penalty called on Mike Rupp with 8:31 left in the third period, but it was clear he did not like it. It was definitely a questionable one with Marc Savard helping to sell it to the officials.

"In case you haven't noticed in 13 years of playing hockey I'm not a real pretty player," Langenbrunner quipped after tonight's game. "It's when I start to think I am that I get in trouble."

:giggle:

Langs has had some pretty funny quotes this year.

Savard had an EPL-level dive on Rupp and Wideman had another in the 1st period against, I believe, Shanahan.

At least Holik and Shanny actually committed fouls. With the penalty on Rupp the dive created the impression of a foul when there was none. It's all the worse because White reacted to what was a foul and nobody decided his going down meant there was a penalty but moments later they decide that way on Rupp.

the only way they made up for that was by letting the devils slash and trip with no consequences.

also i think kessel's slash was particularly vicious and could have, if salvador had thrown his gloves off and stayed on the ice, resulted in a 5 minute major.

Kessel's was bad. You could see from his body language he got frustrated and just unleashed on an unprotected part of Salvador's body. I wasn't going to be shocked if he had gotten a double minor for it. Of course just the minor wasn't shocking or a bad call either.