Tuukka Rask goes nuts

Kulags

Providence Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask, who had a meltdown after last Friday's AHL game against the Albany River Rats, will not be suspended for his stick-smashing, crate-tossing tantrum, the Providence Journal reported Tuesday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4013134

This happened Friday, but no one posted anything so I figured I'd do the honors.

The story is not as good without video, but thankfully, that's not something we have to worry about:

(There's also video in the ESPN article, but here's this if you don't like commercials and can't get enough of Providence local news)

Did that first one count? I would be pretty pissed if it did and it doesn't look like the 2nd one is in but its bad quality. Do they have review in the AHL? I assume not.

Still you are never justified to threw a temper tantrum and act like a 4 year old, especially when you are getting paid.

I dont know how on earth they could give that first one!!!!

He clearly makes the poke check and stops the puck, the guy then picks up the rebound and sends it in anyway, you can see the supprise on the shooters face when the ref gives it.

Who knows about the second one, pretty inconclusive, but i bet if the first one isn't given then Rask probably dosn't goe ape $hit.

I thought the puck just had to keep going forward.....it doesn't look like the puck stops in the first one....but really hard to tell. Cheeky little Petrochemical there.......but hell, I'll take the win....not really like Providence needs it....though the Rats won't make the playoffs this year anyway.

And unlike Gerber, no suspension :)

Gerber got what he deserved too in that game. He bumped the ref twice and then shot the puck at him to get the ejection and now the 3-game suspension. Gerber freaked out on the tying goal the other night in Washington, where I think Gerber had a ligitimate arguement that the tying goal should have not counted as he was pushed into the net along with the puck by a Washington player. The goal should have not counted and toronto should have won in regulation instead of the SO, where Cujo was outstanding stopping all three shots in the SO including Ovechkin's.

Gerber got what he deserved too in that game. He bumped the ref twice and then shot the puck at him to get the ejection and now the 3-game suspension. Gerber freaked out on the tying goal the other night in Washington, where I think Gerber had a ligitimate arguement that the tying goal should have not counted as he was pushed into the net along with the puck by a Washington player. The goal should have not counted and toronto should have won in regulation instead of the SO, where Cujo was outstanding stopping all three shots in the SO including Ovechkin's.

Goalies should now be on notice that it's officially ok to push them into the back of the net when they have the puck, resulting in a goal.

Too bad Gerber didn't hit the ref with that puck...

I thought the puck just had to keep going forward.....it doesn't look like the puck stops in the first one....but really hard to tell. Cheeky little Petrochemical there.......but hell, I'll take the win....not really like Providence needs it....though the Rats won't make the playoffs this year anyway.

Doesn't really matter. Once the goalie touched the puck (with the poke check) the play was completed. You can't score on a rebound.

Rule 30 - The puck must be kept in motion towards the opponent's goal line and once it is shot, the play shall be considered complete. No goal can be scored on a rebound of any kind (an exception being the puck off the goal post, then the goalkeeper and then directly into the goal), and any time the puck crosses the goal line, the shot shall be considered complete.