NEW JERSEY DEVILS VS. CAROLINA HURRICANES

njdevil26

:rolleyes: Full health situations? What the fvck does that have to do with how they defend the opposing PP? And just because Sutter had a successful career as a player, that doesn't make it obvious that his penalty kill sucks and he's done nothing to try and fix it? That makes him above criticism? Or because we never played the game professionally, we should just shut our mouths and accept whatever he does or says? Get off your high horse. And BTW- that's what reporters are supposed to do- ask questions and get answers. Something isn't working- why don't you fix it? If you don't plan to fix it, why do you think it's working? Guess what- when the team tanks as a whole, or a cetrain aspect of the team isn't functioning well (like special teams), the coach better damn well explain why. That's how sports work. Get the antelope out of your ass.
Maddog already made a very good reply to this, but just because I can't do a better job than Sutter doesn't mean he's beyond criticism. The Pando-Madden-Shanahan line is an abomination and the penalty kill is similar - later today or tomorrow I'll go look up the Devils' PK rate since Pandolfo weasled his way back into the lineup (hint: it isn't good). After the season, I'll try to find the Corsi numbers for Pando-Madden-Shanahan, which I am sure are awful. And it's my suspicion that Sutter has a fetish for players like himself at the end of his career - broken-down, offenseless heart machines who by gum are trying but just can't seem to get the puck out of their zone but they're trying 110%.

As I said....read the post.

Criticism is one thing, no coach is above it. Nor am I disagreeing with your premises of what's wrong.

But he's not stupid nor stubborn - I am sure he has his reasons.

Get the antelope out of your own asses - sorry - you don't know half as much as you think. You don't think Brent has access to all the stats that you are going to go search for? Come on this guy has every resource at his disposal.

I'm not saying its wrong to be curious - just ludicrous to think he owes the fanbase or TG some explanation.

As far as strategy, Brent Sutter doesn't have to answer to the fans....only to Lou in the end.

In the end - does it really matter whether he tells you personally why? Are you going to fire him if we lose a series?

Edited by DevilinLA

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said....read the post.

Criticism is one thing, no coach is above it. Nor am I disagreeing with your premises of what's wrong.

But he's not stupid nor stubborn - I am sure he has his reasons.

Get the antelope out of your own asses - sorry - you don't know half as much as you think. You don't think Brent has access to all the stats that you are going to go search for? Come on this guy has every resource at his disposal.

I'm not saying its wrong to be curious - just ludicrous to think he owes the fanbase or TG some explanation.

As far as strategy, Brent Sutter doesn't have to answer to the fans....only to Lou in the end.

In the end - does it really matter whether he tells you personally why? Are you going to fire him if we lose a series?

That's not the point bro- the point is I- and a lot of other people- want to know if he acknowleges that the current employed strategy hasn't been working, which he since admitted hasn't been. Sutter can be stubborn- you can't deny that. He seems to stick to certain ideas and strategies too long sometimes. So it's natural for us to be concerned when we can't seem to kill of a penalty anymore. But since he addressed this earlier with the media, I'm comfortable enough now to just relax and let it play out. I just wanted an admittance. We got that. Now, we see what happens.

most men in sutter's position disregard statistics.

he doesn't have to, but he should. this is a terrible strategy that if it continues it will doom new jersey in the playoffs. meanwhile, every other team they play against plays a different style on the PK than they do.

honestly, yes. sutter has done some excellent things this season and last. but if he's throwing the pandolfo-madden-shanahan line to match up against staal or he's sitting there in the passive box while corvo and babchuk kill us, then absolutely. it's indefensible.

honestly, yes. sutter has done some excellent things this season and last. but if he's throwing the pandolfo-madden-shanahan line to match up against staal or he's sitting there in the passive box while corvo and babchuk kill us, then absolutely. it's indefensible.

Again, I agree with your points regarding the actual problems.

MY POINT, is Sutter doesn't answer to you or me. He only answers to Lou.

You don't have the power to fire him.

So what's the point, he's said what he thinks...at this point all YOU can do is watch.

(Unless Lou consults you regarding managerial decisions - if so then could you put in a good word to get rid of andy Greene?)

Again, I agree with your points regarding the actual problems.

MY POINT, is Sutter doesn't answer to you or me. He only answers to Lou.

You don't have the power to fire him.

So what's the point, he's said what he thinks...at this point all YOU can do is watch.

(Unless Lou consults you regarding managerial decisions - if so then could you put in a good word to get rid of andy Greene?)

This argument is pointless. You agree. MadDog wanted the media to be tougher on Sutter. You admit he should answer the tough questions. Maddog doesn't think Sutter should have to answer to us, or that any of us could do a better job.

You're both right -- none of us should run a team, but Sutter has probably screwed up, and TG and Chere should be asking him about it.

Can't we all just get along?

This argument is pointless. You agree. MadDog wanted the media to be tougher on Sutter. You admit he should answer the tough questions. Maddog doesn't think Sutter should have to answer to us, or that any of us could do a better job.

You're both right -- none of us should run a team, but Sutter has probably screwed up, and TG and Chere should be asking him about it.

Thank you Mouse. Well said.

You can ask Chere yourself.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/devilsbeatreportersblog/

Comment away. See if he responds.

By doing what? He's trying things...so what? If we win the series no one will probably remember.

It just doesn't strike me for Brent to continually do something and get poor results over and over without some greater reasoning behind it other than pure blind faith. Plus, I would imagine that both he and Lou are having these kind of discussions on a daily basis.

Yes, we can all get along.

My only point was now all we can do now is watch.

Our fanbase seems to be scared of the Canes offense, I can understand why. However a lot of people have to look at ours. Parise, Elias, Langs, Zajac, we have the luxury of Brian Rolston on the 4th line! I'm not scared. There's a reason we are the 3 seed.

Edited by Devils Pride 26

It pains me to do this but if I can't find a palce in town with TSN2, I'm going to need a stream to watch the game.

So with that being said, where has everyone been watching Devils' games all season on the net?

Dr33, many have said here that they get the games on Justin.tv or atdhe.net. Not sure if these sites will carry the NHL playoff games though. Try them and maybe they will work.