Ovechkin, Backstrom mock Rangers' stick salute

Jerrydevil

"Rangers fans are calling it an insult, and WFAN in New York is buzzing with talk that the moment included mockery of the "stick salute" the Blueshirts have popularized."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_dadd...maining-content

I don't generally like this type of behavior, but for that self-indulgent display known as the stick salute to Ranger fans, I think a mocking is more than deserved. That BS gets me rollin' my eyes every time.

Good....i cringe everytime i see that crap the rangers do after they win at msg. its a fvcking circus!

Exactly. This is another case of Rangers fans thinking the world revolves around their team, and their team must have a copyright on any kind of center ice celebration, just like the fans have a copyright on any "______ Suck(s)!" chant that follows a whistle. Puh-lease.

Let's be real here. It's just another case of New Yorkers thinking the world revolves around their city.

This just posted on the Washington Post Capitals Insider blog:

"Watching On The Fly and a rangers fan called in and said that Ov and Backs were being disrespectful by doing their "jump-bump" thing at the end of the game. Within a few minutes 2 Caps fans emailed and said they do it after every win and that it has nothing to do with rangers. Yeah everything is about you guys. And then a caller says "Maybe they were trying to dodge all the stuff the classy rangers fans were throwing on the ice. Hahaha"

Ovechkin <3. Lol i live in NY and all I can say is that the ranger fans at my school are sooooooooooo fvcking pissed about Ovechkin and they also think there should be like 20 more penalties called on the caps even though the rangers get like 7 power plays a game and score on them like 1 out of every 50.

...but nobody had the nerve to say anything about it, when they saluted their fans in our arena. bullsh!t. people should just stop making a big deal out of it.

Not you. The press and article writers.

Rangers fans are too sensitive..and some of the biggest hypocrites I've ever seen.

Indeed. I had to remind my Rangers fan friend about last year to shut him up. I am proudly wearing my Ovechkin jersey today.