Calm Down!!!!!!!!

Fred Garvin

Saving money is a good thing, but if you fail to spend it on quality free-agents and just hand it to loyal underachievers (i.e. Zubrus, Pandolfo, White) then what's the point?

Yea so he should spend as much money as possible this year so that next year when there's no cap space to re-sign Parise, Martin, etc, we can look back and say well at least we got that one guy last offseason.

Yea so he should spend as much money as possible this year so that next year when there's no cap space to re-sign Parise, Martin, etc, we can look back and say well at least we got that one guy last offseason.

agreed, more like these same people, would THEN crucify Lou and say the game has "passed him buy".

I liken this to America's problem with credit cards.... mortgaging the future and such.

Edited by DevilinLA

agreed, more like these same people, would THEN crucify Lou and say the game has "passed him buy".

I liken this to America's problem with credit cards.... mortgaging the future and such.

I'm not demanding he eat up cap space by signing every hot name under the sun. And yes, I do agree that he needs the space for next year's signings. But it would be nice to see him dabble in free agency once in a while and sign a player or two who can be real contributors to this team, instead of doling it out to people who merely collect paychecks (which I think Zubrus and White do). Lou also tends to overpay "his guys" out of a sense of loyalty (i.e. Pandolfo and White). I'm glad he didn't fall prey to that thinking with Madden and Gio but we're still stuck with the same sh*tty defense that cost us that game 7 against Carolina and I dont see him making any changes to shake things up. Every year it's the same "we have all the pieces in place to win a Cup" and more often than not it's resulted in a first round exit. It's just frustrating after a while, when you see him always dipping into the bargain-basement for role players when there's good players out there whom we can sign.

are there any FAs willing to sign 1 year deals?

its about time you got back to suggesting smart things. the answer is yes - there are plenty. if the devils want another 3rd line center on a one year deal, they can find one.

edit - i just realized you took back the clarkson thing. that was tremendously dumb. he would make EVERY team in the NHL and is a bonafide GOOD player.

put it down for next year - 25G - 25A and a decent guy on PP2.