OPENING DAY BAR CRAWL

DaneykoIsGod

I Didn't know the crawl had a Facebook page... anyway Im bringing two friends, so I guess that makes 53 now.

I coulda swore I linked to it in the first post of this thread, but apparently my memory blows. Here's the Facebook link for those interested:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=129000356001&ref=ts

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all, I pulled this off of facebook on the Devils page. It was obviously posted by the bar. I've never been to it, but it might make a great spot to hit after 4 hours of drinking on the crawl. I know the day has been planned, but I figured to throw this out there since I saw it.

FREE BUFFET | FREE BUFFET | FREE BUFFET

Opening Night @ 5PM | w/ Ticket & 1st Drink Purchase

@ The Spot Bar & Lounge

45 Commerce Street (2blks from the Pru Center)

Dwntwn Newark (973) 848.9400

OK, so it looks like NJ Transit Saturday schedules kinda sorta blow. In short, my girlfriend and I will be at the Blue Comet hella early. Like 11:30 a.m. early. If anyone else is looking to get an early start, feel free to keep us company.

The crawl leaves the Comet at 1:30 p.m. Plan accordingly.

Hey - if any of you guys need any help with Opening Day, the Bar Crawl or the Rangers game - let me know. Arena is all set for Saturday - how long is everyone staying at each bar?

Are you guys wearing any Bar-Crawl Tees?

No tees as far as I know. But if anyone wants to make some that would be cool.

Not sure how long we're staying at each bar. The St. Patty's crawl was a play-by-ear kind of thing and this'll probably be the same. If I had to guess, I'd say we're gonna spend the least time at Blue Comet and Sagres, and we'll probably be tempted to stay the longest at Hell's Kitchen and, of course, Arena Lounge. MMM Bello's and Stadium Bar are the wild cards.

No tees as far as I know. But if anyone wants to make some that would be cool.

Not sure how long we're staying at each bar. The St. Patty's crawl was a play-by-ear kind of thing and this'll probably be the same. If I had to guess, I'd say we're gonna spend the least time at Blue Comet and Sagres, and we'll probably be tempted to stay the longest at Hell's Kitchen and, of course, Arena Lounge. MMM Bello's and Stadium Bar are the wild cards.

I have to admit, I'm probably never gonna make it to Arena Lounge. Hell's Kitchen is just too much my home up there. I'll try to move on, I swear, but the odds are stacked in HK's favor at the moment.

Variety is the spice of life, my friend.

I know what you mean, though. Once you find a place you like, it's tough to go anywhere else. A lot of us have established roots in different places (you at HK, Andrew and Jamie at Arena Lounge, me at The Spot, etc.). I feel like a traitor not going to The Spot on Saturday. I might get my fix postgame.

I know what you mean, though. Once you find a place you like, it's tough to go anywhere else. A lot of us have established roots in different places (you at HK, Andrew and Jamie at Arena Lounge, me at The Spot, etc.). I feel like a traitor not going to The Spot on Saturday. I might get my fix postgame.

once you get comfortable with any bar, it's hard to stray from that home that it becomes to you, that is the good thing about these bar crawls... it makes you expand via social networking B )

Variety is the spice of life, my friend.

Well, the other part about it is, I can see this bar crawl getting out of my price range pretty quickly. And at HK, I know one of the waiters, went to high school with him, still good friends with one of his friends. So, it's usually rather inexpensive for me to drink there. :lol:

Word has it, Philthy is busing in fans.... about 6 or 8 buses. I say we wait with eggs and signs that say "welcome to Newark, just give us your wallet now and make this easy."

Word has it, Philthy is busing in fans.... about 6 or 8 buses. I say we wait with eggs and signs that say "welcome to Newark, just give us your wallet now and make this easy."

YES. This post is so full of win its ridiculous.

IT'S FINALLY GAMEDAY! You bitches ready?!

I'm still gonna be up there ridiculously early, around 11:20, along with my girlfriend and one buddy. We'll probably munch at The Lunch Place before getting to the Blue Comet. See ya'll there.