NHL 10 EA Sports

LaCava83

http://nhl.easports.com/features.action?platform=ps3

This game looks like a huge upgrade from 09. I usually like to get the games every other year but they have so many enhancements I dont think i can pass it up.

Demo versions for both PS3 and 360 should be up soon.

http://www.news10.net/life/entertainment/story.aspx?storyid=65779&catid=99

Edited by LaCava83

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gameplay looks the same, but the dynasty mode seems to be much more in depth

and the battle for the cup thing, which is it's own stand alone mode and within dynasty mode. There are Storylines for the playoffs for god sakes

To me the game play feels a lot smoother over 09, and 09 was freakin awesome as it was. I love the board play in this one and how you can push off and poke at the puck. I think the after the whistle scrums will get a little tiring though in online play. I also like the decisions you can make on injuries, if you should still play the person or not. I'm sure there's more additions that aren't in the demo yet as well.

Maybe, which is why I never buy sports games two years in a row.

Just in the 1 peroid demo i see howthe Play along the boards on O and D , the enhanced fighting + the instigating and scrums after the whistle , as well are big improvements in the general flow of the game.... Graphics are very similar. Crowd is much more reactive to whats going on...

This iteration is far deeper than last, especially in the gameplay modes.

I played the demo the first time in Be A Pro, and got drafted 2nd overall by Atlanta. I played again a few nights ago and got drafted 7th overall by the Devils, that made me preorder it lol.

Im loving board play and the fighting may be the best ever in a EA game. Im not big on fighting in hockey generally, but the scrums after the whistle are fun.

They've not even scratched the surface of "Be A GM" mode, which looks fantastic and very deep.

Its not the biggest upgrade on-ice aside from board play and scrums, and definitely not in terms of graphics, but who cares???? Its gameplay and mode depth that make the replay value, at least for me. The gameplay has retained last years quality and they've made every mode deeper and better.

This iteration is far deeper than last, especially in the gameplay modes.

I played the demo the first time in Be A Pro, and got drafted 2nd overall by Atlanta. I played again a few nights ago and got drafted 7th overall by the Devils, that made me preorder it lol.

Im loving board play and the fighting may be the best ever in a EA game. Im not big on fighting in hockey generally, but the scrums after the whistle are fun.

They've not even scratched the surface of "Be A GM" mode, which looks fantastic and very deep.

Its not the biggest upgrade on-ice aside from board play and scrums, and definitely not in terms of graphics, but who cares???? Its gameplay and mode depth that make the replay value, at least for me. The gameplay has retained last years quality and they've made every mode deeper and better.

I was drafted first overall by the Devils.. If I hadn't already pre-ordered the game I'd avoid buying simply because they had the audacity to think the Devils would EVER be the worst team in the league

I was drafted first overall by the Devils.. If I hadn't already pre-ordered the game I'd avoid buying simply because they had the audacity to think the Devils would EVER be the worst team in the league

yeah, i noticed this too.. ive held a belief that the Canadian developers hate the Devils, and thats why ive seen Brodeur let in quite a few soft goals in the past while playing 08/09.

some of it is a little WTF toward the Devils.

4.5 more days... Who else here will be waiting outside their game store with their Devils gear on? I can't wait to see the look of "wtf is this white kid doing" on the faces of the guys at my GameStop (it's located in Trenton)

Not me, http://www.amazon.com/NHL-10-Xbox-360/dp/B0025KZV84/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1252642959&sr=8-1 is where I'll be getting the game.

4.5 more days... Who else here will be waiting outside their game store with their Devils gear on? I can't wait to see the look of "wtf is this white kid doing" on the faces of the guys at my GameStop (it's located in Trenton)

Might as well get a Roman Cluckwich while you are there...

Nah, the Be A Pro draft is completely random. I played through it at least 10 times and the Devils had the last pick twice! They never had the first pick, but top ten twice as well. I only got drafted by them once, but never by the Flyers or Rags, if that happens tomorrow, I'll be pressing reset. I don't mind playing BAP with another team, but I couldn't handle either of them.

Funny aside, I was playing that MLB The Show in their version of BAP. Initially drafted by the Pirates and played 2 years and finally made the majors, requested a trade early on in my 2nd season in the bigs and ruined the game as I was traded to the Red Sox. The stupid game autosaved on me and it completely ruined the whole thing.