Report: Tanguay signs with the Tampa Bay Lightning

insanity_gallops

their top 6 may be good, too bad the rest of the team is not except for Hedman

Yeah the problem bigger than their defense is their bottom-six forwards: Fedoruk, Downey, Craig, Veilleux, Hall, Karsums, Szczechura (or however the hell you spell his name). Not a lot of pop there.

Defense is Ohlund, Meszaros, Hedman, Walker, Ranger, Lashoff. And don't forget about the Halestorm himself.

you forgot about halpern, i_g, and drew miller. i think karsums, downie, halpern, drew miller, and the cast of thousands can actually be halfway decent. halpern sustained a serious injury and struggled coming back from it.

if stamkos plays like his second half that's a hell of a forward lineup. i think malone and tanguay are perfect complementary forwards.

i think tampa is close to being a playoff team, as long as smith can stay healthy

Looks like some activity is happening now that the Olympic Camps are ending. Expect some more movement next week as training camps are only 2 weeks away. Less than 2 weeks for rookies though, so I think something involving the Devils might happen. I'll leave the predictions of what might happen to Par99.

Looks like some activity is happening now that the Olympic Camps are ending. Expect some more movement next week as training camps are only 2 weeks away. Less than 2 weeks for rookies though, so I think something involving the Devils might happen. I'll leave the predictions of what might happen to Par99.

LOL

you forgot about halpern, i_g, and drew miller.

Yeah I remembered Halpern but I didn't know where he stood in terms of recovering from injury. I listed 5 top forwards for the Lightning -- that 6th spot is sort of up for grabs. If Halpern can come back strong, I expect he'll be given a shot at it.

Drew Miller I did forget about. That trade completely skipped my mind. Also blanked on Bochenski being there. He could be tossed in the mix, too.

Without this they will not make the playoffs.

People are really underestimating the Lightning D. It may not turn them into Cup contenders, but it won't be the Lightning's downfall. The D has a lot of size, and has a pretty good balance of offensive an defensive d-men.

High expectations=disappointment as the early part of last season proved that.

what, someone expected something good when they hired Barry Melrose :giggle:

but if Stamkos keeps playing like that, Smith plays well and Hedman is what he's supposed to be, they'll at least be able to jump a few teams and maybe even sneak into the bottom of the east playoff picture. Who knows?

I think Tampa should run a world class conditioning program and plan on using the top 2 lines for 59 minutes per night.

I don't see why not, they pretty much did that against us back in 2007 with just Vinny and St. Louis. I swear they were never on the bench for that series at all. So they have to have a that program in storage somewhere.