Gdt: Ps Game 1 Rangers @ Devils 9/16/09

overtime98

Pikkarainen isn't a shoe-in and neither is Leblond. In all actuality, neither is Bergfors, although I'd really like to see him make the team. It is absolutely conceivable that Zharkov, if he continues to show up well could find a spot on this team. Let us just remember, however, that this is just the first preseason games. How many times have we seen a player impress on the first game and then do nothing the rest of the time and wind up back in the minors.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well on nhl numbers they say that clarkson is RFA

after this season

Source: http://www.nhlnumbers.com/overview.php?team=NJD&season=0910

Yes it does and it isn't an NHL sanctioned website so it's useless info on this matter, but i'm sure Doc and Chico wouldn't be talking about it with Clarkson if it wasn't true. Surely Clarkson knows if he's a UFA or a RFA and he talked about being a UFA.

Yes it does and it isn't an NHL sanctioned website so it's useless info on this matter, but i'm sure Doc and Chico wouldn't be talking about it with Clarkson if it wasn't true. Surely Clarkson knows if he's a UFA or a RFA and he talked about being a UFA.

this is not correct. david clarkson is a restricted free agent at the end of the season.

this is not correct. david clarkson is a restricted free agent at the end of the season.

Well then someone needs to tell Clarkson that because they had a whole conversation with him about him being a UFA this spring at such a young age because he was an undrafted player. I'm sure the 2 of you know better then him, Doc and Chico.

Well then someone needs to tell Clarkson that because they had a whole conversation with him about him being a UFA this spring at such a young age because he was an undrafted player. I'm sure the 2 of you know better then him, Doc and Chico.

You'd have to show me in the CBA where he's going to be an UFA. He doesn't have the age or years of service to qualify as an UFA as far as I can see.

Remember when the Flyers signed Pronger and then were stunned that he was considered 35+? It happens to the best of people and the message boarders figured it out before Philly did, it seemed.

You'd have to show me in the CBA where he's going to be an UFA. He doesn't have the age or years of service to qualify as an UFA as far as I can see.

Remember when the Flyers signed Pronger and then were stunned that he was considered 35+? It happens to the best of people and the message boarders figured it out before Philly did, it seemed.

Actually, your looking at the wrong part of the CBA. Try looking at the rules for un-drafted players and you'll find the difference. He's a UFA this coming spring just as he said he is.

Edited by NJ4life

Actually, your looking at the wrong part of the CBA. Try looking at the rules for un-drafted players and you'll find the difference. He's a UFA this coming spring just as he said he is.

you don't know what you're talking about. there are 5 sorts of free agents - group 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. group 5 doesn't exist anymore really, so we can leave that out. group 2 are restricted free agents, group 3 unrestricted, group 4 are part of some weird thing that doesn't apply to clarkson, and group 6 are unrestricted because they have reached a certain age with a lack of NHL experience. that's it. there are no rules for undrafted players - they are governed by the same exact rules as drafted players. andy greene was undrafted and he was a restricted free agent this off-season at the age of 26 - the age that clarkson will be next season. whoever said otherwise is incorrect.

Edited by Triumph

you don't know what you're talking about. there are 5 sorts of free agents - group 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. group 5 doesn't exist anymore really, so we can leave that out. group 2 are restricted free agents, group 3 unrestricted, group 4 are part of some weird thing that doesn't apply to clarkson, and group 6 are unrestricted because they have reached a certain age with a lack of NHL experience. that's it. there are no rules for undrafted players - they are governed by the same exact rules as drafted players. andy greene was undrafted and he was a restricted free agent this off-season at the age of 26 - the age that clarkson will be next season. whoever said otherwise is incorrect.

this has nothing to do with me knowing what i'm talking about. I only stated what was said on the telecast of the Devs/Rags game. Doc and Chico were talking about it and even quoting what Clarkson said. Doc even got to the point where he said " i don't want to talk about this anymore "

whether they and Clarkson are right about this or not, I don't know. either way, I hope your right.

Duh, I can't believe I forgot to mention this because it was another style change I was happy to see and hopecontinues. The Devils made 3 or 4 defensive zone to other teams blue line stretch passes. Even when nothing comes of those they keep the other team honest or sets up odd man rushes if the other team doesn't respect the possibility. Last year the Devils didn't pull those off much and when they did it was to guys standing still who had no chance to do anything before the other team got back, so other teams didn't have to worry about it much.