Lemaire: Sitting On Third Period Leads No Longer Effective In Nhl

USC09

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/2009/09/lemaire-sitting-on-third-period-leads-no-longer-effective-in-nhl.html

Best comment ever in the past few years by a Devils coach. Finally summed up the Devils playoff struggles, which is why they have to score first and often whether in the regular season or playoffs. They have to think more offensively which puts less pressure on defense something they failed miserably against the Canes, they are a team who feels no pressure if they are down a goal. Finally, someone summed up not only the Devils problems, but other teams problems who have trouble scoring.

Edited by USC09

Lemaire forgot to mention Marty (the best goalie ever in the NHL) was in goal for the game 7 the 80 second collapse. Why should I give Marty a break he should have stopped at least one of the goals if not both. He is the best isn't he?

I forget which one but the one shot was the exact same shot that he was beaten on earlier in the game. Top corner over the glove I believe it was from the top/side of the circle. it was an identical shot, he shouldve been looking for that to come at him again. i blame 80 percent of that loss on brodeur. yes, the defense in the end couldve been better but a shot from the top of the circle beating you the same way the other goal did, that needs to be stopped.

I forget which one but the one shot was the exact same shot that he was beaten on earlier in the game. Top corner over the glove I believe it was from the top/side of the circle. it was an identical shot, he shouldve been looking for that to come at him again. i blame 80 percent of that loss on brodeur. yes, the defense in the end couldve been better but a shot from the top of the circle beating you the same way the other goal did, that needs to be stopped.

The winner I put on Brodeur... that was horrible. The tying goal could've been easily avoided if we cleared the damn zone. They had at least 3 or 4 chance to clear and couldn't get the damn puck out. It was a problem the entire season too.

The winner I put on Brodeur... that was horrible. The tying goal could've been easily avoided if we cleared the damn zone. They had at least 3 or 4 chance to clear and couldn't get the damn puck out. It was a problem the entire season too.

I've blocked all that stuff from my memory. It was the only way I could stop from getting angry every night.

Both shots were stoppable. Marty is somewhat to blame, but it was our inexperienced defense that cost us. They should not have let Eric Staal in the zone easily, and obviously clear the damn puck out of the zone before the tying goal. Somebody should have pulled a Stevens type hit on Staal. But I think its time to look forward and not talk about what would have been. I actually think the way Pittsburgh or Detroit played, the Devils had little chance of beating them.

Lemaire forgot to mention Marty (the best goalie ever in the NHL) was in goal for the game 7 the 80 second collapse. Why should I give Marty a break he should have stopped at least one of the goals if not both. He is the best isn't he?

Actually, no, Patrick Roy is the best playoff goalie of all time, and I saw him let in 7 goals in a game 7 in the conference finals. Clearly he sucks too. You're right, and Marty had no part in any of the three Stanley Cups the team has won. They would have won those three just as easily with Chris Terreri or Corey Schwab in net, and would have probably won a lot more the other years if we went with them as starters along with Beezer, Dunham, Reese, Sidorkiewicz, Shulmistra, Damphousse, Clemmensen and Weekes. Why we ever let Clemmensen depart, when he's obviously a far superior goalie, will haunt me to the end of my days.

Is there an award for most boring, repetitive, and inane poster? And where is that ignore function again?