Official: Lehtonen to move to Big D

Derek21

Yep.

TSNBobMcKenzie

Nice job by @ajcthrashers to get ball rolling on potential Lehtonen trade. Now the spec will be where Marty Turco goes.

Also a rumor that the Rangers could be trading Girardi. They recalled Corey Potter today.

TriStateSport

Sources are saying now that the #Rangers and Panthers deal is going to include Dan Girardi. www.tristatesport.net 5 minutes ago from web

dallas is a good location for lehtonen, vishnevskiy a decent return for him; i can't imagine atlanta would've tended lehtonen a contract.

i'm curious about this possible dan girardi deal - rosti olesz going the other way or something?

I've seen alot of rambling today about Booth.

I've seen alot of rambling today about Booth.

hmm, that's certainly possible. florida may just figure that booth may never be the same player and can't risk that large a contract.

well if it involves two D from the rangers and one from florida i like the possibility of us snapping up the other one in a trade.

Full credit to Atlanta's Chris Vivlamore for nailing the Lehtonen trade. Guess the title can be changed since it's official.

Lehtonen to Big D

If the Rangers make a deal, I'd like one of Horton, Frolik or Kulikov (I wish). They have blueline depth (Sangs, Sauer, Heineken). So, maybe it would be for forward. Girardi turns unrestricted this summer.

An article from Chris Vivlamore on Lehtonen or as I like to call him Let-it-in:

Waddell said several teams scouted Lehtonen during his AHL stint, wanting to see if the goaltender was fully recovered. In the end, he said, Dallas made the best offer.

Getting Lehtonen into NHL games, while the team is in a playoff race, was also a reason the deal. The trade comes before Friday