2010 NFL thread

MadDog2020

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...I Guess we can eliminate another possible destination for Dez Bryant.

Then again we can add one in Denver...honestly I like Miami's approach...much like Jerry's point of view WR's are just too sporadic to be taken too high...get a guy low and develop him or trade for the big name...it hasn't worked out with Williams so far on the "big name trade" front but its worked out pretty well with Austin, Hurd (to a point), Crayton (who is still solid), and looks to be working out with Ogletree....

Wonder if the Cowboys could snag Ginn from them for a 5th or 6th rounder...sure he still might develop into a decent if not solid WR, which we have enough of, but no denying the kid is one hell of a return guy which we could definitely use!!!

What??? The Fins could certainly get more than a five round pick for Ginn, who just started to fulfill some of his promise last year once Chad went down.

Don't you have a great return guy who saved you from your traditional December slump last season???

What??? The Fins could certainly get more than a five round pick for Ginn, who just started to fulfill some of his promise last year once Chad went down.

Don't you have a great return guy who saved you from your traditional December slump last season???

The theory on why the trade is being held us is that he's got a ridiculous first-round rookie contract still for someone who's ceiling is 50/600/7 as a receiver but who adds value as a kick returner.

rumor has Ginn on the block for a 4th or 5th...that and our return guys (Austin and Jones) are both going to be having their fill with expanded roles in the offense much like they started last year...Austin stopped regularly returning kicks when Felix Jones was drafted, later filled in when he was injured but was used sporadically, at best, once Austin moved into the starting gig...same goes for Felix, once his role expanded he was not used very often as a returner...thats what lead us to pick up Rossum from the Niners, although he got injured in the first game as a return guy...so we were bouncing between Austin/Felix with Ogletree being our main return guy and Crayton returning punts (he did well but muffed a few...)

So, as I was saying, I don't know Ginn's contract status so that might hamper any deal the 'Boys but who knows...I would be open to the idea...

I read on yahoo this morning that the Steelers are considering moving Big Ben...would take a 1st and a 1st round caliber player or 2 1st round picks...interesting

Dude, seriously.... there's not enough college girls in Buffalo for Ben rape.... go get him!!

The Eagles can trade McInjury in the division, the Steelers can in the conference!!!!!!

I read on yahoo this morning that the Steelers are considering moving Big Ben...would take a 1st and a 1st round caliber player or 2 1st round picks...interesting

Such a shame that he had to be such a grimey, possibly downright dispicable, human being.

This could be a long season for the Steelers. But, at least whenever they do something well on the football field, I can be more likely to celebrate without celebrating the accomplishments of someone who's a pathetic excuse for a member of society.

I should have said this before too...seriously the steelers, the nfl and even Bill up there are all overreacting....you mean a 28 year old single guy wanted to get laid and went scoping for ass on a college campus and the girl smelled $$ the day after???

Wow....shocking right??

But this is the level of hyped-up over-PR'ed idiocy we have nowadays, but its also why I think trading him is moronic (again unless the steelers know more then we know, bradshaw rant aside...which just reeks of jealousy because he's losing his place as THE dude in steeler history)

Its not like ben was married or anything

He's dumb, yes

But that's still legal!!

Dude, seriously.... there's not enough college girls in Buffalo for Ben rape.... go get him!!

The Eagles can trade McInjury in the division, the Steelers can in the conference!!!!!!

There is a better chance of the XFL starting up again and having Ben team up with He Hate Me in the revived XFL then Buffalo trading for an elite QB.

There is a better chance of the XFL starting up again and having Ben team up with He Hate Me in the revived XFL then Buffalo trading for an elite QB.

awwww....XFL!! :wub: :wub:

I should have said this before too...seriously the steelers, the nfl and even Bill up there are all overreacting....you mean a 28 year old single guy wanted to get laid and went scoping for ass on a college campus and the girl smelled $$ the day after???

Wow....shocking right??

But this is the level of hyped-up over-PR'ed idiocy we have nowadays, but its also why I think trading him is moronic (again unless the steelers know more then we know, bradshaw rant aside...which just reeks of jealousy because he's losing his place as THE dude in steeler history)

Its not like ben was married or anything

He's dumb, yes

But that's still legal!!

Ah, come on man. If it hasn't become obvious to you that this is more than your typical millionaire cruising for pvssy then you aren't paying attention. Best Case Scenario: He's a sexual predator who technically hasn't broken any laws. Worst Case Scenario: He's a rapist. Throw in his other rape allegation and his helmetless motorcycle accident that occurred about a year after Kellen Winslow's accident, and you have an idiot of questionable morals who doesn't learn lessons.

Sorry, but I don't wanna root for that.

Ah, come on man. If it hasn't become obvious to you that this is more than your typical millionaire cruising for pvssy then you aren't paying attention. Best Case Scenario: He's a sexual predator who technically hasn't broken any laws. Worst Case Scenario: He's a rapist. Throw in his other rape allegation and his helmetless motorcycle accident that occurred about a year after Kellen Winslow's accident, and you have an idiot of questionable morals who doesn't learn lessons.

Sorry, but I don't wanna root for that.

Here's my first moment of hrrrmmmm I had about this.... when the girl hired a CIVIL lawyer instead of a defense one... the alarm went off in my head..... too quick are we to instantly think "oh it's ALWAYS the athlete who's in the wrong here" (be it Kobe, Ben... or even way back to Mike Tyson).... but then again ANYBODY who you just met that night in a bar/club/whatever, and they go with you somewhere to be private and alone... do you really think it's going to be a discussion about Obama and the budget??? let's be realistic too... these girls get caught up in the moment too, and not ALL.... but damn sure ENOUGH of them smell the $$$ and cry foul (Duke Lacrosse team much??)....the world runs to believe them.... they get paid under the table... and hrrrmmm, the thing goes away but yet the guy's rep is still in the sh!ts, and the rep never gets cleaned up

My biggest problem is it's WAY TOO EASY for the false claim to be thrown out there and people judge and never look back....Dino Costa made a good point about this...how about all the money the police and other authorities wasted on investigating this?? I'm not saying they shouldn't.... but how about putting this girl under some scrutiny too????

And before someone says "you're a guy you don't know wha it's like"....I know and understand better then I am willing to admit on this board....

Maybe it's why the false claims piss me off so much....

Here's my first moment of hrrrmmmm I had about this.... when the girl hired a CIVIL lawyer instead of a defense one... the alarm went off in my head..... too quick are we to instantly think "oh it's ALWAYS the athlete who's in the wrong here" (be it Kobe, Ben... or even way back to Mike Tyson).... but then again ANYBODY who you just met that night in a bar/club/whatever, and they go with you somewhere to be private and alone... do you really think it's going to be a discussion about Obama and the budget??? let's be realistic too... these girls get caught up in the moment too, and not ALL.... but damn sure ENOUGH of them smell the $$$ and cry foul (Duke Lacrosse team much??)....the world runs to believe them.... they get paid under the table... and hrrrmmm, the thing goes away but yet the guy's rep is still in the sh!ts, and the rep never gets cleaned up

My biggest problem is it's WAY TOO EASY for the false claim to be thrown out there and people judge and never look back....Dino Costa made a good point about this...how about all the money the police and other authorities wasted on investigating this?? I'm not saying they shouldn't.... but how about putting this girl under some scrutiny too????

And before someone says "you're a guy you don't know wha it's like"....I know and understand better then I am willing to admit on this board....

Maybe it's why the false claims piss me off so much....

I get the sentiment but the fact is this isn't his first alarm going off, whether accurate or not, he obviously puts himself in the position, at the very least, to be exploited...if, in fact, the allegations are not true...that is my biggest problem...the guy is a grade A numbskull...

I get the sentiment but the fact is this isn't his first alarm going off, whether accurate or not, he obviously puts himself in the position, at the very least, to be exploited...if, in fact, the allegations are not true...that is my biggest problem...the guy is a grade A numbskull...

Believe me I wish stupidity in this crime was country... sh!t if it was punishable by death we'd cut the population by about 67% ;p

But it's not, and yeah the dude has issues and you can go with that "he needs to be better because he's in the public light" crap too

Thinking with your dick still ain't a crime though

I hate to break the news to everyone, but probably 90% of the NFL engages in pretty much the same behavior. Hell, Jerramy Stevens butt-raped a girl but suffered basically zero consequences.

Basically, from the time these guys were early teenagers, they were told they were special and got to do whatever they wanted. No one ever told them to grow up, so now they all act like overgrown teenagers, except now with millions of dollars.

Sure, there are a few class guys like Chad Pennington, but in professional sports generally, they're few and far between.