Brodeur: Tonight’s game will “say a lot about our team”

SatansDevils

I mean how long can Marty, or any goalie hold the fort for that long.

It's the old adage. Every goal looks like bad timing when you never get the goal first.

He has no support at all. It's crazy. He basically has to play perfect in order for the team to win. How can you expect that from someone?

It is what it is. I truly believe he was primed for a long run but the supporting cast is not cooperating.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He has no support at all. It's crazy. He basically has to play perfect in order for the team to win. How can you expect that from someone?

It is what it is. I truly believe he was primed for a long run but the supporting cast is not cooperating.

If by "supporting cast" you mean "the entire team except for one or two players", then I agree. Unless Marty's the team and everybody else is the supporting cast.

boucher can't give up a bad goal... we can't get anyone in front of the net, all of our shots are from the outside and more often or not get eaten by the defensemen.... if we flipped goalies in this series, it would be a total massacre

that's true - but boucher has still gotten it done.

Bingo. It's a shame that all people will remember about tonight in regards to marty is the weak 3rd goal. He stood on his head again for them in the 2nd period. It was a total replay of game 3. The game was basically over anyway so I can't get to upset with the goal. He has pulled his weight imo.

i will remember that without a doubt save he made on gagne. he did play very strong even with the weak 3rd goal.

i also agree with this which makes it even more disappointing.

fine if you don't want to argue but I'd just like to expound on my thought.

boucher has not given up a bad goal this series. marty gave up one for sure tonight and perhaps 2 if you want to count briere's.

pronger is their number one. martin is the devils'. that's my point there.

i am also sad.

You made a lot of great points - but Martin has been fine.

Martin has played great, he eats up a lot of minutes and has always been a quiet contributor. Martin, Greene, and Salvador give me hope for our d-men. I don't think it's fair to compare Martin to Pronger.

I'm also sad, if it matters.

the problem is definitely not our goaly or the dmen... bunch of teams got scored on 3-4-5 times a game and still won... CAUSE THEY CAN PUT THE PUCK IN THE NET.... the problem our system... lemaire just cant adjust to the Flyers... our system is basicly...

1- we're not gonna make any error at the defence or make the first move... we wait and block

2- we're gonna wait and use their errors to try to score

thats what killing us so bad... The flyers are GO GO GO... they are always going for the puck hard on every chances... and they are keeping the pressure hard on us... then us... we back up back up and wait for an error and even if there's an error we cant convert cause our attack is based on... "you attack in a way that if there's a turnover you can come back to help the defence"

so what we're seeing... if we have the puck in their zone... and the puck is about to be cleared at the blue line... you'll never see the Devils D go and try to keep the puck alive even if he could get there before the other guy... he's gonna backup and backup and wait... so they endup in our zone again... and thats when they can get pucks to the net and get rebounds or screen marty and all...

and when were attacking... were gonna take shots right when were getting in the zone or from spots that has no chance to get in... cause they always have to keep a "backcheck plan" on any of their moves...

i remember watching games last year with my buddy and i was saying... oh man isnt it beautiful to see them go (parise lang zajac) whenever that line was on the ice they were having the puck in the offensive zone the whole time and they were grinding like crazy and creating chances back and forth.... i seriously dont think i saw that intensity once this year... instead im seeing Parise crossing the blue line and taking a shot right away...

really sick of all that defensive mentality after all those years...

the problem is definitely not our goaly or the dmen... bunch of teams got scored on 3-4-5 times a game and still won... CAUSE THEY CAN PUT THE PUCK IN THE NET.... the problem our system... lemaire just cant adjust to the Flyers... our system is basicly...

1- we're not gonna make any error at the defence or make the first move... we wait and block

2- we're gonna wait and use their errors to try to score

thats what killing us so bad... The flyers are GO GO GO... they are always going for the puck hard on every chances... and they are keeping the pressure hard on us... then us... we back up back up and wait for an error and even if there's an error we cant convert cause our attack is based on... "you attack in a way that if there's a turnover you can come back to help the defence"

so what we're seeing... if we have the puck in their zone... and the puck is about to be cleared at the blue line... you'll never see the Devils D go and try to keep the puck alive even if he could get there before the other guy... he's gonna backup and backup and wait... so they endup in our zone again... and thats when they can get pucks to the net and get rebounds or screen marty and all...

and when were attacking... were gonna take shots right when were getting in the zone or from spots that has no chance to get in... cause they always have to keep a "backcheck plan" on any of their moves...

i remember watching games last year with my buddy and i was saying... oh man isnt it beautiful to see them go (parise lang zajac) whenever that line was on the ice they were having the puck in the offensive zone the whole time and they were grinding like crazy and creating chances back and forth.... i seriously dont think i saw that intensity once this year... instead im seeing Parise crossing the blue line and taking a shot right away...

really sick of all that defensive mentality after all those years...

I don't think they really have a defensive mindset. I just think they execute their system extremely poorly, and the system itself is poor and not suited for the players. how about that Zajac back-pass in the neutral zone because he couldn't hit a stretch pass. lol. that was a beauty. instead of getting the red line and dumping the puck in. which they did on the first shift, and Lemaire pulled Parise off for Kovalchuk. seriously, what, the LW has to retrieve the dumpin, let's pull him off.

man, Jacques, you really pulled one over on Peter from Uniondale on that one. he was just shellshocked.