NjDevs Fantasy Football Twenty Ten....

aylbert

Figured its best not to merge 2010 topics with the '09 thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Rosters of 2009 - Round Acquired

courtesy of Hasan's research back in December:

Martysb3tt3r

QB Rivers 3rd

Cassel 10th (trade)

RB Peterson 1st

Moreno 4th

D. Ward 15th (FA)

WR D. Jackson 5th (trade)

C. Johnson 2nd

R. Williams 5th

Knox 15th (FA)

Evans 15th (FA)

A. Gonzalez 15th (FA)

Berrian 15th (FA)

TE Gonzalez 4th (trade)

K Crosby 10th

DEF Giants 15th (FA)

Smirking Revenge

QB Palmer 8th

RB Jones-Drew 1st

J. Stewart 6th

Mendenhall 9th

B. Wells 15th (FA)

A. Foster 15th (FA)

WR R. White 3rd

Jennings 2nd

Houshmandzadeh 4th

Wallace 15th (FA)

TE Clark 6th

Shiancoe 11th

K Bironas 15th (FA)

DEF San Diego 13th

Houston 15th (FA)

New Jersey Swamps

QB Brees 2nd

Orton 14th

RB Turner 1st

R. Brown (IR) 3rd

Benson 7th

R. Williams 11th

Harrison 15th (FA)

Snelling 15th (FA)

WR Bowe 4th

Ochocinco 5th

S. Smith - NYG 15th (FA)

Sims-Walker 15th (FA)

Cotchery 9th

TE F. Davis 15th (FA)

K Tynes 15th (FA)

DEF Philadelphia 15th (FA)

Wack MC's

QB Roethlisberger 8th

Ryan 6th

RB C. Johnson 1st

Bradshaw 11th (trade)

Bush 6th

L. Johnson 15th (FA)

Moats 15th (FA)

WR Colston 3rd

S. Rice 15th (FA)

Hester 7th

TE V. Davis 15th (FA)

Winslow 10th

K K. Brown 15th (FA)

DEF Indianapolis 15th (FA)

Jets 15th (FA)

Sworn Defenders

QB Romo 5th

Favre 14th (trade)

RB Jackson 1st

Barber 2nd

McCoy 7th

F. Jones 6th

Greene 15th (FA)

Norwood 15th (FA)

Scott 15th (FA)

M. Bush 15th (FA)

WR Welker 4th

Boldin 3rd (trade)

Austin 15th (FA)

Crabtree 9th (trade)

Maclin 15th (FA)

VALUE = RATINGS!

QB Cutler 6th

Flacco 10th

RB Rice 5th

R. Grant 3rd

Forte 1st

Ganther 15th (FA)

WR V. Jackson 4th

R. Wayne 2nd

Bryant 15th (FA)

Avery 15th (FA)

Harvin 10th

TE Olsen 7th

K Longwell 15th (FA)

DEF Arizona 15th (FA)

Denver 15th (FA)

Masked Marauders

QB P. Manning 2nd

V. Young 15th (FA)

RB Tomlinson 1st

K. Smith 3rd

J. Jones 8th

Maroney 11th

Choice 15th (FA)

L. Betts (IR) 15th (FA)

WR Chambers 15th (FA)

Manningham 15th (FA)

S. Moss 6th

Royal 5th

TE Watson 15th (FA)

K Kaeding 14th

DEF New England 15th (FA)

Dallas 10th

Kyle Orton's PR Dept

QB Schaub 6th

Hasselbeck 8th

Stafford (IR) 15th (FA)

RB Gore 1st

T. Jones 4th

C. Williams 13th

Sproles 9th

Coffee 15th (FA)

WR R. Moss 2nd

Mason 7th

B. Edwards 5th (trade)

Burleson 15th (FA)

TE Witten 3rd

K Nedney 15th (FA)

DEF Green Bay 14th

Big Blue

QB Warner 4th

Campbell 15th (FA)

RB Jacobs 2nd

Addai 3rd

Hightower 9th

Buckhalter 13th

W. Parker 6th

WR Fitzgerald 1st

Holmes 5th

Holt 8th

TE Boss 15th (FA)

Carlson 7th

K Akers 14th

Carney 15th (FA)

DEF New Orleans 15th (FA)

Dirty Sanchezes

QB McNabb 4th

E. Manning 10th

RB Westbrook 1st

F. Jackson 8th

Lynch 5th

C. Taylor 11th

McClain 12th

Morris 15th (FA)

WR A. Johnson 2nd

Driver 7th

H. Ward 6th

TE Gates 3rd

H. Miller 14th

K Lindell 15th (FA)

DEF Minnesota 9th

MantaRavens

QB Rodgers 3rd

A. Smith 15th (FA)

RB Slaton 1st

C. Brown 15th (FA)

Charles 15th (FA)

Forsett 15th (FA)

McGahee 12th (trade)

Bell 13th

WR S. Smith - CAR 2nd

Henderson 15th (FA)

Collie 15th (FA)

TE Shockey 8th

K Gostkowski 8th

DEF Baltimore 8th

Cincinatti 15th (FA)

FaithJake NoMore!

QB Brady 2nd

Garrard 15th (FA)

RB D. Williams 1st

Thomas 3rd

D. Brown 9th

WR B. Marshall 6th

Owens 4th

Meachem 15th (FA)

Garcon 15th (FA)

Nicks 15th (FA)

Walter 7th

TE Celek 12th (trade)

K Gould 15th (FA)

DEF Miami 15th (FA)

San Francisco 15th (FA)

Edited by aylbert

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've had two solid years in my first two years in the league. My late-round pick of Brett Favre last year helped alot because of the return I got in a trade. I also got a nice return from dealing McGahee while he was hot (right before he burned out). Hopefully I can get the same luck next year!

That Favre trade helped both of us out... one of those few and far between fantasy trades to do so.

1. Thanks for the list. I think mine's a no brainer post-909-12763008347.gif

2. Thanks for closing the 09 thread with my pirate post. post-909-127630077239.gif

3. That is a pretty sick 1 of 14 team darth.

Its a no brainer keeping LT... or so says my 2006 guide.

rofl.gif

I do think he will have a better season this year though! laugh.gif

Edited by Masked Fan

No one really sticks out to me on my list.... getting Stafford with my last pick might be worth the value of doing it.... or keeping Cadillac in the 13th, but I think they drafted an RB too, and who knows about him.....blech, I got a lot of guys where they should have been last year and ain't worth savin

Ooooh is that allowed? It's a very interesting idea, but it also kind of erases the whole "have a good draft so you can get a good keeper" part.

We have time to discuss it... and hell we have in-draft trades.... I don't see why we can't have pre-draft trades

and it does give someone a chance to reap the benefits of making good late-year picks that carry over to the next.....

I don't see why not, as it'd help both teams...you could get a free mid-round pick from a team that doesn't have an obvious keeper and they still get to 'draft' a player at a bargain.

For arguments sake, say I trade the rights to Steve Smith to someone without an obvious keeper, maybe they give me a eighth-rounder, I also give up a fifteenth-rounder to balance out the picks (and let them use their 15th rounder for the keeper). I get an upgrade in draft position as a reward for having a disposable keeper candidate, someone else gets a third-round type receiver for basically an eighth-round pick.

Of course if everyone has at least one keeper they'd be happy with then there is no market...and if a few teams don't have an obvious keeper (I see at least a couple that don't) then there might be a market for us to barter our disposable candidates.

Edited by Hasan4978

In essence we are trading one of our players for a pick with our single keeper rule. IE) trade your 15th round selection for Beanie Wells. We only have rights to 1 player though... so you can't keep someone, and trade someone else from your roster... as that would be two keepers :)

The draft is still rounds 1-15. So you have 14 picks and Beanie Wells.

You shouldn't be locked into Beanie Wells until after the draft is over. If you want to trade him, trade him. Just how if you draft someone in the 1st, and trade him before the draft ends.

However, all trades have to be 1:1 to allow for proper rosters.

Edited by aylbert

That's why in my example the picks are even, each team gives up a pick it's just a matter of upgrading:

Team A: Gives up 8th rounder

Me: Gives up 15th rounder, rights to keep Steve Smith

As far as how big the rosters are well they're paper now, obviously you can't exceed the limit with your current roster during the draft or in-season but I don't see any issue with going over it with last year's roster per se since you're only technically keeping one of them in the end regardless.

I mean in the NHL teams trade the negotiating rights to players all the time that aren't playing for them and can go over the cap before the season, this is sort of the same thing. Heck if you want to be technical the other team could also give up the rights to a certain player that neither team has any intention of keeping to be finicky and say each team has 15 players still. Like say if you were Team A above you could just throw in a Michael Bush-type to balance it out, not that either one of us would ever use him as a keeper. I don't think that's really neccesary though.

In your example, why would anyone give up their keeper in a trade unless they were getting market value back since they then couldn't use one for themselves? Then I'd want a third-rounder for Smith if that's where his ADP is, and why would anyone bother to give up a third-rounder pre draft when they can just draft him or another similar receiver below that anyway? Not to mention it'd be better for me just to keep Jerome Harrison for a 15th rounder and not bother with trying to work out a deal for less than market to get an upgraded pick at the cost of the keeper.

You shouldn't be locked into Beanie Wells until after the draft is over.

Personally I think the timeline should be:

-Vote on any kind of rule changes or additions including this

-Work out the draft order - has to be first after getting all the rules straight anyway since it influences who teams keep if they want to keep a high pick

-Have some time to work out pre-draft trades (including trading rights to someone on last year's roster if practiable)

-Announce whether you're having a keeper like a day to a week before the draft and who it is

-Then do the draft with fourteen picks and keeper or fifteen picks, depending on what each team decides

But you have to have the keeper finalized before the draft, it doesn't make sense to use a second-round pick and then after the draft say well you're gonna use the second rounder to keep a guy on your roster last year, what happens to the second-rounder you draft then if you can't work out a trade? Or you have to work out a trade for peanuts and get screwed. It's just too messy and we always wind up finishing the draft in the last 3-24 hours before kickoff anyway.

Edited by Hasan4978

I shouldn't be able to profit by keeping Shonn Greene and trading Miles Austin for another pick. It goes against the spirit behind the single keeper rule. If we had a keepers league with contracts, etc... sure, trade the rights away, etc.

The benefit of trading your keeper is quite obvious to me. Say I don't value Miles Austin as a top tier WR... I can trade him to someone who does for a 2nd/3rd rounder where I can obtain another WR, etc.

In practice, I'm trading my 15th for a 2nd/3rd. My trading partner is drafting Miles Austin with his 2nd/3rd round pick.

I concur with aylbert w/ the "only 1 keeper per current roster" That's the point of having the rosters "FROZEN", of those 15 players, at least 14 should be available for draft day.

Freezing the rosters prevented trading my 6 keepers (haha!) away to 6 other teams for high picks in this years draft, no?

Basically, "A" is declaring their keeper & giving up the pick in the appropriate round, "A" now has 14 picks + 1 player

then trading him to "B" for a draft position. "A" now has 15 picks and no players again & "B" has 14 picks + 1 player

But then couldn't "B" (since he didn't use his "keeper" yet) also keep someone on his roster and even trade that guy for a pick? dontknow.gif

I think so. doh1.gif I don't really like all of it, but I think that sounds right.

I foresee my first keeper league experience as shaping up to be pretty interesting. post-909-127638821673.gif

But then couldn't "B" (since he didn't use his "keeper" yet) also keep someone on his roster and even trade that guy for a pick? dontknow.gif

Yes, 100%. However, B would pay fair value for the keeper he traded for and only have 13 picks in the draft.

No one is trading a 2nd round player for a 15th rounder etc... and if they do, I think we would veto it (as it is effectively pre-season dumping?)

Freezing the rosters prevented trading my 6 keepers (haha!) away to 6 other teams for high picks in this years draft, no?

Well everyone only has one keeper come draft day and the majority of the teams are going to use it on someone on their own roster they're happy with anyway, so really we'd only be talking about a handful of pre-draft trades at best.

Doesn't seem like this idea'll fly anyway so sounds like we'll stick to what we had last year pre-draft and not complicate it anymore, just pick and trade draft order spots.

I think the order should be:

1. Draft Order Lottery

2. Draft Order Selection Draft

3. Keeper Selection or Opt Out (once declared, its final... and you have the right to trade him as you would any other pick)

4. The infamous forum draft :)

This allows for the draft order to be determined... so you know if your giving up a low first to keep Chris Johnson / Ap... or if you land the first overall selection... You can keep another stud and draft Chris Johnson / AP with your first etc

Just a minor update, there are the confirmed returners as of right now.... as anyone on my facebook knows... you have less then 13 days to re-join before Laflamme gets the extra spot (as of right now)

- Hurley's #3

- Captain Checkdowns

- Wack MCs

Kyle Orton's PR Dept

- Sworn Defenders

- Masked Marauders

- Martysb3tt3r

- MantaRavens

- New Jersey Swamps

- Tyson's Tiger

- Big Blue