NjDevs Fantasy Football Twenty Ten....

aylbert

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think we should still expand to 14... QB talent is out there and the RB talent is out there (with all the committees these days)...

Thats my vote anyways :P

I think we should still expand to 14... QB talent is out there and the RB talent is out there (with all the committees these days)...

Thats my vote anyways :P

Keepers will make it a bit unfair, but hey, welcome to the life of an expansion team :D

We could work something out with the two expansion teams....sort of an expansion draft...they can pick a player from another teams bottom half of the roster for a mid level pick...

example, if I don't take Beanie Wells as my keeper...since he would've cost me a 15th, if one of the expansion teams take him they lose an 8th...if they take someone from the 14th they lose a 7th and so on....

just an idea..

I'm against expansion to 14 because I was in a 14 team league with my friends last year, and it got to the point where we were drafting useless players in the last few rounds. It dilutes the waivers, and instead of making fantasy football a season-long odyssey of managing your team with pickups/drops, etc., you are essentially stuck with what you drafted. Those were the issues we ran into, anyway. It was a lot less fun than you'd think a 14 team league would be

I'm against expansion to 14 because I was in a 14 team league with my friends last year, and it got to the point where we were drafting useless players in the last few rounds. It dilutes the waivers, and instead of making fantasy football a season-long odyssey of managing your team with pickups/drops, etc., you are essentially stuck with what you drafted. Those were the issues we ran into, anyway. It was a lot less fun than you'd think a 14 team league would be

I'm VERY against 14 teams, it KILLS the talent pool and makes an injury just destroy your team.....

Not so much when it comes to bye weeks and replacing injured players.

Count me a no to expansion as well. I mean it's nice to get more people involved but there comes a point where it's no longer the best team wins - just the luckiest when it comes to injuries, especially given the parity which comes with a diluted talent pool to add on to the parity that already exists in head-to-head with a competitive league.

Now I wouldn't neccesarily mind expanding rosters by one and making the draft an even number of rounds (not to mention it would help give a little more flexibility to draft backups at non-essential positions like TE and DEF for bye weeks), but that's a difference of only twelve players not thirty.

btw so after the final team signs up what's the next step?

Edited by Hasan4978

Now I wouldn't neccesarily mind expanding rosters by one and making the draft an even number of rounds (not to mention it would help give a little more flexibility to draft backups at non-essential positions like TE and DEF for bye weeks), but that's a difference of only twelve players not thirty.

btw so after the final team signs up what's the next step?

Well we can debate that too... I don't care either way, but like the expansion teams it would water down the FA grabs too....

well we do the pre-draft order selection... and I go the eff on vacation :P

Fair enough argument against expansion... I just think theres a point where it becomes too exclusive - but no one's really going to volunteer to quit to make room for someone else.

Maybe add some danger this season? If you finish last you get the boot and get back in line to join?

Keep in mind I have two tenth places so I'm a likely to fall victim to it (even though my point totals are better than that, h2h creates more parity)

This makes the consolation playoffs meaningful as well, as you are playing for your fantasy life on the board.

Edited by aylbert

Maybe add some danger this season? If you finish last you get the boot and get back in line to join?

Keep in mind I have two tenth places so I'm a likely to fall victim to it (even though my point totals are better than that, h2h creates more parity)

Ouch...a little harsh there... and not like there wasn't a 2nd NJDevs Fantasy Football league last year......

12 teams is plenty

Like English Futbol? I think that is cool how they make the last place team go to the minors and give another team a chance every year.

Wild, but cool.

Ouch...a little harsh there... and not like there wasn't a 2nd NJDevs Fantasy Football league last year......

Competition level is a bit different... The 2nd league is more makeshift with varying dedication.

I dont see it as harsh... if anything makes the league more interesting.

But again, only suggestions... no mandates from me this year :)

Well you can't boot someone out of the league and put them back of the list cause there'll always be someone that'll want to join so really whoever gets bumped would never be able to come back, and that's too harsh. Especially if said person is actually competitive and just gets screwed because of injuries or the vagaries of h-to-h.

Interesting comment added by the guy at work while we wait for Dell to call us back I was talking about....

since we did have a "B League" on here..... to sauce things up.... the winner of the "B League" gets to take the place of the last place guy, and then the guy on the outs goes to the "B League" (I'm not sold on this but it's an idea too)

Interesting comment added by the guy at work while we wait for Dell to call us back I was talking about....

since we did have a "B League" on here..... to sauce things up.... the winner of the "B League" gets to take the place of the last place guy, and then the guy on the outs goes to the "B League" (I'm not sold on this but it's an idea too)

Its a good idea, but we'd have to make sure we could get 10-12 different teams first. I was in the "B" league last year in addition to our regular league, and I believe there were a few others in both as well.

Yeah, me too. Although I was in nine leagues and didn't forget one of them on any given week. :P

That's because you're only allowed out of the house once a week :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

What is the protocol on the roster keeps etc.??? Do we announce this or email someone? what is the deadline?

My thought process would be:

1) Draft Order Lottery

2) Draft Order Selection

3) Keeper Election (optional)

4) Draft starts

This way If you have say the 1st overall pick, you don't need to keep Chris Johnson (etc)... or you can position yourself to pick last to get 2 top 13 picks, etc. (holy hell :D)

Edited by aylbert