Nathan Horton Traded to the Bruins

devilsrule33

One thing is certain. The Bruins have gotten a lot better. Adding Horton and either Hall/Seguin is pretty damn scary.

If they believe that the Oilers are set to take Hall, they could move one of their centers, perhaps Bergeron in this deal. PIck up Horton to be their winger for the future, and still pick Seguin to take the vacant center spot. But that is all contingent on what the Oilers do and a risky place to put your franchise.

while i'm not convinced that hall or seguin will have a huge impact in year 1, boston is looking like they're one defender away from stanley cup contention.

1 bruin - krejci or wideman is my guess.

sarge: i don't think that's a risky spot at all. bergeron and savard are top 6 centermen - if you don't get seguin, which do you really want him anyway, you can go out and sign a malhotra or belanger for the 3rd line center spot, and have taylor hall.

Edited by Triumph

while i'm not convinced that hall or seguin will have a huge impact in year 1, boston is looking like they're one defender away from stanley cup contention.

1 bruin - krejci or wideman is my guess.

sarge: i don't think that's a risky spot at all. bergeron and savard are top 6 centermen - if you don't get seguin, which do you really want him anyway, you can go out and sign a malhotra or belanger for the 3rd line center spot, and have taylor hall.

Actually with it being two players going back the Bruins could be adding someone like Gregory Campbell to shore up the Bruins center depth on the cheap. Totally negating my entire first post.

Per Mckenzie

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie

Horton and Gregory Campbell for Dennis Wideman, 15th overall pick and another draft pick. Done

hah, good call on campbell. he's a 4th liner anyway.

florida has to be dealing one of mccabe, ballard, or wideman, right? because they barely get any cap relief with this deal. still, i think all three have value to other teams.

I like the trade for both sides

Wideman had a bad year, but was great two years ago with Chara, and the Panthers need draft picks to rebuild.

Horton has been good (though slightly disapointing) and may reach new heights with that offensive talent around him. Locked at 4 million for the next 3 years is a fair contract, which is better than overpaying for a free agent.

I like the trade for both sides

Wideman had a bad year, but was great two years ago with Chara, and the Panthers need draft picks to rebuild.

Horton has been good (though slightly disapointing) and may reach new heights with that offensive talent around him. Locked at 4 million for the next 3 years is a fair contract, which is better than overpaying for a free agent.

Great two years playing with Chara and a bad year when he didn't play with him. Hmm that my friend is called Wade Redden syndrome.