Nice Ideas for marketing..

Cachorro Louco

Almost everyone here on this board knows I'm a brazilian. By default all brazilians are hooked on soccer ( not so much my case, but I still fallow my soccer team daily) and some of the Soccer teams there has some very interesting ideias about marketing.

Gonna start with some ideias from the team I root for.

To try to gain more fans on different areas of Brazil, They started a programs called "embassy" Bassilcilay is what the name says an organization that somewhat is representing the team in areas where there is very fews fans of the team.

Basically the embassies are a little support club, that organize to watch the games in bars, or in some members home, they have benefits like discount on tix for the games and merchandize of the team.

The ideia grew and I think the team have close to 80 embassies, majority are in the home state( Paraná-State), but many in other parts of Brazil(like São Paulo,Rio etc..) even some outside of Brazil, like in England, Portugal. In the USA they have three( Dallas, Miami and Newark)

The ideia is doing so well others teams are starting to copycat the idea :angry: :angry:

So why not a similar program here with the Devils???

The second ideia is from my team as well. And it is Called "SECRET AGENT" :ph34r::ph34r:

The ideia is simple, someone dressed like a secret agente will aboard someone wearing something related to the team, and the agent is gonna give a prize to that person, something like a tix for a game or a jersey.

They gonna start doing this promotion in the city of Curitiba, because is where they play, and because Curitiba alone has three soccer teams fighting turf with each other, and as well teams from other states. So this whole ideia is to get as many people as they can, on the streets with some thing representing the team.

What you guys something simililar can be done here???

Edited by Cachorro Louco

These are two really good ideas.I like the both of them and I wish that Vanderbeek and all the Devils marketing system come on this forum and see your post.

oh and for the Secret agent thing I think that if its done in NJ they should call it Ninja :ph34r: otherwise some ppl on this forum might get mad.

Edited by SS-SS

Secret Russian Agent :evil:

And I like the ideas. I have serious hope that the devils will become a much more recognized team in the coming years. Kovy will help a lot, but I hope the organization takes major steps to market the team with creative ideas like these.

Secret Russian Agent :evil:

And I like the ideas. I have serious hope that the devils will become a much more recognized team in the coming years. Kovy will help a lot, but I hope the organization takes major steps to market the team with creative ideas like these.

They also need quality giveaways/promotions which we have talked about at length on here....

I work with the devils marketing department and will take these and any other ideas to my boss. I have taken ideas from boards before and have been told that they have people who follow many forum sites looking for ideas so most of the more popular ideas that always pop up they have heard before. But I am more than happy to bring any and all ideas to my boss to pass off as my own. lol only kidding. Also just to get this out of the way I have asked every person I know within the organization and have gotten no information; outside of what is already in the papers and on the web; about the Kovy hearings.

Just saw this..

Now think the possibilites thousands of ants crussing NYC parks with little boards saying "Rangers Sucks" "Betman Sucks" and so on.

And thanks duffman to passing those idea to marketing department.

One of our best promo night is mystery puck night. The turn outs are always great and its not even free. Also honoring the 95,00,and 03 teams seemed like a good turn out with all the festives. I know they can't do it to often but its a great idea and there needs to be more great ideas. We all know how crazy we get when we see the words free

Edited by estreetcrew3

One of our best promo night is mystery puck night. The turn outs are always great and its not even free. Also honoring the 95,00,and 03 teams seemed like a good turn out with all the festives. I know they can't do it to often but its a great idea and there needs to be more great ideas. We all know how crazy we get when we see the words free

i'm excited to find out when the mystery puck night is this season cause there will be a strong chance i will actually be able to attend.

also something i would like to see more at hockey games: scarfs

just like soccer, we should promote/sell team scarfs

reason 1) sometimes, it actually can be chilly in the arena, therefore it makes sense to have something you can wear

Reason 2) we can improve the look from the "rally towels" and its something people will not only want to keep but bring with them EVERY game

reason 3) relatively inexpensive ($10-$20)

reason 4) even the suits could bring one from work and MAYBE wave it

I was thinking today that the Devils should expand the Devils Army concept and heres what I came up with...

-Before every game, have a fan raise the Devils Army Flag on a flag pole. Could be a random fan or someone who made a donation to Devils Charities, a military member, or something. Based off of Minnesota Twins "Twins Territory" Flag Raiser

-When mentioning Prudential Center on announcements in the arena or on MSG+ TV Coverage Spots say, for example, "Welcome to Prudential Center. The Home Base of the Devils Army!"

-Have a Devils Army Fan Club where for a fee ($25 for example) a member gets-

-Devils Army Dog Tag with one's name and "Devils Army Member Since ____"

-Devils Army Bumper Sticker

-Discount Voucher

-Meetings

-Among other things

- A Devils Army VIP Rewards Card, similar to the Fry's D'backs VIP Rewards Card where members earn points from attending games, shopping at Devils Den, and shopping at a sponsor (such as Fry's Supermarkets with the Arizona Diamondbacks)

- A Season Ticket Holder Devils Army Recruitment Club similar to the Phoenix Coyotes Ambassador's Club

-Devils Army Family Zone alcohol free zone (several sections in the balcony might be a good area (also when Ranger fans come to town they tend to sit in the balconies so it will help tone them down))

- Promotional Items:

- "I Want You to Join the Devils Army" Posters with player in middle and ticket advertisement (Call 1-800-NJDEVIL) on bottom (Similar to Uncle Sam)

- Devils Army themed caps, t-shirts, rally towels, bumper stickers, dog tags, car flags, license plate frames

- On Opening Night give out Red Alert Devils Army T-Shirts, also give them to season ticket holders

- When the Devils win in front of a sellout, all fans get a coupon for a sponsor (ex free small drink at Quick Check or taco at Taco Bell from 4-6 the next day)

- Prudential Center mini LEGO set

- Bobbleheads

- Advertising (on major networks PLEASE)

- Commercials w/ players talking about the energy of a sold out crowd mixed in with highlights and crowd shots. Last quote being "It's like going into battle with a large army behind you... You know you're going to win." then a voice over telling the Devils Army where to buy tickets

- "I Want You to Join the Devils Army" commercials with several players saying "I Want You" mixed in with highlights and then either Johnny Mac or Lou saying "I Want You to Join the Devils Army" then a voiceover advertising tickets

- "I Want You to Join the Devils Army" posters like mentioned earlier around in public places

- A Devils Army themed intro video

- And on other notes..

- Have red lights over the seating bowl so the red of the crowd really stands out

- Have the staggered lights over the balconies flash like strobe lights after goals (similar to Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles after a home run)

- After a great save, flash on the scoreboard "Mar-ty (drumbeat) Mar-ty (drum-beat)" or 'Mooooooooose" repeating

- After a goal when the "you suck" would normally come in, flash "hey!" then the goal scorer's name on the scoreboard "ko-val-chuk"

I think the Devils Army theme has the potential to unite the fan base and the crowd, something that the Devils need. Please add your ideas to the list

• 1 month later...

*BUMP*

Look at what the Red Bulls are doing...

Red Bulls Supporter Chants

supporterscheers1.jpg

Fans, do you want to get into the game? Join our supporters section, The South Ward (132-103), and let the players hear you from any seat in Red Bull Arena. At all Red Bulls home matches, be sure to grab a matchday and flip to the centerfold where you will see a list of chants that you can take part in. If you get confused when following along just look to the South Ward, Red Bull Brand Reps, Red Bull Staff or the in-stadium boards with questions or for cues.
Edited by The Rock 07

You'd figure that should be something organic but I don't follow much about the Red Bull so maybe it was and they wrote it down.

I think that these are the Supporters sections' chants but they want to spread it around so that the whole stadium knows the chants. This is from the Red Bulls' facebook page.

If you're planning on attending the match tomorrow, be on the look out for the flier attached below. We will be giving them out pregame, and it will also be the center spread in our Match Day magazine from here on out...Our South Ward absolutely kills it, but in order to truly make our home the opposing team's hell, the South Ward is asking everyone else to join in to help bring the noise! LETS GO RED BULLS!
Edited by The Rock 07

I'm in the supporters sections for Red Bull games. The supporters sections are loud and do their part. They are trying to get the rest of the stadium to follow along with some of our easy songs and things we do to make the atmosphere even better.

I would love to have a supporters type section in hockey with fans singing/standing/playing music and all of the sort but it will never happen.

I'm in the supporters sections for Red Bull games. The supporters sections are loud and do their part. They are trying to get the rest of the stadium to follow along with some of our easy songs and things we do to make the atmosphere even better.

I would love to have a supporters type section in hockey with fans singing/standing/playing music and all of the sort but it will never happen.

add scarves to the section(s) and i'm sold :cheers:;)