MSG broadcast duo have hit an all-time low.

olp

I don't watch much of the Ranger$ broadcasts, but I did happen to catch like ten seconds of the pregame the game after the Simon incident against Carolina; JD was STILL harping on it. The day after!

I like him in national games, and he and Rosen are always respectful of the Devils when we play them, but from what I've read about them day in and day out I'm glad I don't have to listen to them 82 games a year just the same :P I guess the losing is driving JD batty.

Isles announcing doesn't bother me, aside from the El-EEEEEEE-AASH call which just makes me CRINGE.

JD has gotten awful lately though, I agree about that...I've been watching quite a few Rangers games this year, and I don't remember him being THIS bad...ugh. :puke:

Yeah I like the Isles broadcasters too; for some reason the Eli-ash thing doesn't irritate me as much as Sam and JD saying KovalOV or Thorne and some of his beauts. Howie did make me cringe with the Longenbrunner pronounciation during the last game, but he did correct himself (or someone else did) later I believe.

I agree that JD has gotten carried away with some of the calls. It gets annoying to listen to. He's a very nice person off the air and does a much better job on national telecasts. My guess is that stupid Dolan has impacted their broadcasts making him into a homeristic buffoon. JD is too smart a guy for this crap.

As for the game last night, some of the calls were ticky tac and no OLP, one BS penalty shot call does not add up to all the calls against the Rangers. And Sam and JD still criticized the PS call after the game was over. The Canes were taking dives the whole game and when they held a Ranger in the last two periods, nothing was called. If you are forced to kill seven straight power plays (six in the second), that can wear a team out and screw up the lines. So, I wasn't surprised they had little left in the tank after that. But the Canes were better after a poor start which Weekes held them in. They outworked the Rangers and deserved the game. This was the Rangers' worst game since Columbus. Ironically, all three awful losses in which they gave up 5-or-more have come on the road.

Speaking of announcing teams, Howie Rose is great but Micheletti is as big a homer as it gets. He kisses the Isles' every move. I couldn't believe when he said some think DiPietro might be a better stickhandler than Brodeur. Micheletti is much better on ABC.

Derek, do you know anyone who can talk to JD and help him snap out of this? I think we all know Sam is probably too far gone to be helped.

As for Micheletti's comment about that little brat DiPietro being a better puckhandler than Brodeur, well, it worked out OK...since about 2 minutes after he said it DiPietro handed the puck to White and it led to the eventual winning goal in the 4-0 win over the Isles. So keep sticking your foot in your homer mouth, Joe. Go ahead. :evil:

I was just watching the highlights to the game on NHL.com...WTF are the rags doing wearing their alternates on the road?? :noclue:

I was wondering the same thing. I thought the whole purpose of dark home sweaters was to avoid the 3rd sweater problem! :unsure:

Hmmm...so now the Hawks wore their alternates on the road. :noclue:

Toronto wore their alternates last night - but since they're white, it doesn't matter. But I noticed that they wore them at home against the Flyers last week, too (after that debacle I'm surprised they didn't burn them!). So I don't know what's going on.

Toronto wore their alternates last night - but since they're white, it doesn't matter. But I noticed that they wore them at home against the Flyers last week, too (after that debacle I'm surprised they didn't burn them!). So I don't know what's going on.

I thought they only wore those against Original Six teams, and for special games (which that Flyers game was). Is that not the case anymore?