Trade Rumors: Devils <-> Toronto

Quinn01

new posters just shouldn't post news, trade rumors, or anything of that sort. they post the wrong thing, getting you to chide them about fair use, or they post nonsense information, like this. if news needs to be posted here, it will get posted.

the day this board becomes that uptight and smug (irony being that this is an internet messageboard, get over yourselves) over the time-frame of someone posting a rumor because someone else already heard it will be pretty pathetic.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there's an irony to the fact that so many of your posts recently have been of the variety that you are lamenting here. that said, new posters just shouldn't post news, trade rumors, or anything of that sort. they post the wrong thing, getting you to chide them about fair use, or they post nonsense information, like this. if news needs to be posted here, it will get posted.

Good for you, you have a few thousand posts here...thus showing you have no life. Get off your high horse there guy. you're not gods gift to the boards. This is a message board for hockey...thus me posting rumors that I come across to get interesting conversations going, which happened besides you pissing all over the parade.

Why take shots at eachother if we are all here for the same thing? Devils talk. This was a rumor and had a decent thing going. Everyone needs to just relax. Yeah it was a RUMOR. The word RUMOR is in the heading. Could be true, could be a flop.

lets keep this on topic.

Edited by Quinn01

I apologize for the fact that I wasnt aware that BR is a crock of crap. I didnt think they were that bad. I dont normaly go to that site. That being said, I wont post crap from their site as a legit source.

Lets all just stop the bickering with my post here and move on to all being friends. We are all on the same mission and that is to spread the word of the Devils being the best team in the NHL.

Haha wow I just read this closely finally and found this was a fun thread yesterday and earlier today that included some of my favorite posters. Good read for an end-of-the-work-day chuckle. Staying out of this one however.

Well, the Leafs stripped Kaberle's "A" and this is getting much more interesting now.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2010/10/05/leafs_kaberle/

Interesting, but still could mean anything. Hate to give up Langs for this guy though if the silly rumors are true.

So if they actually take away his "A" I guess this means he is actually up on the block and if he isnt coming to NJ he is going somewhere else? Why else would they take away an A from someone who has decent play?

Could be anything really. He wasn't that great in preseason maybe it's that.

So if they actually take away his "A" I guess this means he is actually up on the block and if he isnt coming to NJ he is going somewhere else? Why else would they take away an A from someone who has decent play?

Usually it does mean he will be moved, but not 100% as nothing in hockey is guaranteed (Screw you Messier). The only players I'd be willing to part with for Kaberle is White or Clarkson. I wouldn't cry over losing Rolston either, but I think he is worth more to us than those 2.

Well I am a firm believer of players taking it somewhat easy in the preseason unless they are battling for a roster spot. I dont think you should strip a player of something like the A just for preseason play. It seems a little excessive.

We shall see.....

Usually it does mean he will be moved, but not 100% as nothing in hockey is guaranteed (Screw you Messier). The only players I'd be willing to part with for Kaberle is White or Clarkson. I wouldn't cry over losing Rolston either, but I think he is worth more to us than those 2.

Thats how I feel. I wouldnt mind seeing Rolston go or White. Now that they are saying Urbom and Taormina are staying around, or atleast they are saying they are, it would be hard to make a spot for Kabie if they dont get rid of another Defenseman as part of the deal. Clarkson I feel is going to have a good season this season, but I would rather see him go then Langenbrunner.

Edited by Quinn01

Well I am a firm believer of players taking it somewhat easy in the preseason unless they are battling for a roster spot. I dont think you should strip a player of something like the A just for preseason play. It seems a little excessive.

We shall see.....

Thats how I feel. I wouldnt mind seeing Rolston go or White. Now that they are saying Urbom and Taormina are staying around, or atleast they are saying they are, it would be hard to make a spot for Kabie if they dont get rid of another Defenseman as part of the deal. Clarkson I feel is going to have a good season this season, but I would rather see him go then Langenbrunner.

I know I sound like I rag on Clarkson a bit here, but I do think he is a decent player. I do not think he is as good as others have posted and to me he is just and always will be a 3rd-line player, never more. I hear a lot about him being an X-factor to the team, but I do not quite see that in him. He has also shown more than once that he disappears when we need him most like in the playoffs, and actually hurts the team with dumb penalities at bad times. Usually an X-player is supposed to do the opposite.

Good for you, you have a few thousand posts here...thus showing you have no life. Get off your high horse there guy. you're not gods gift to the boards. This is a message board for hockey...thus me posting rumors that I come across to get interesting conversations going, which happened besides you pissing all over the parade.

Why take shots at eachother if we are all here for the same thing? Devils talk. This was a rumor and had a decent thing going. Everyone needs to just relax. Yeah it was a RUMOR. The word RUMOR is in the heading. Could be true, could be a flop.

lets keep this on topic.

There ya go - Insult one of the board's most respected posters. Now you're thinking. doh1.gif

Again, I'm very sorry about that, and I promise it won't happen again.

smilydev.gif

I know I sound like I rag on Clarkson a bit here, but I do think he is a decent player. I do not think he is as good as others have posted and to me he is just and always will be a 3rd-line player, never more. I hear a lot about him being an X-factor to the team, but I do not quite see that in him. He has also shown more than once that he disappears when we need him most like in the playoffs, and actually hurts the team with dumb penalities at bad times. Usually an X-player is supposed to do the opposite.

Clarkson showed flashes of talent bursts of improvement early in his career(I know, it's still early in his career) and it increased expectations(talking from a fans pov(plus, posters on this board tend to be very polar, win a game, the team is winning the cup, lose a game and they are missing the playoffs). My feeling is that Clarkson's overall game seemed to take a step back while he has been trying to become a more complete player.

I like him on the team. The people thinking he is a second line player are expecting too much, but at times I do see flashes of second line player potential.

Would I be devistated if he was traded? no.

Just my take

joe

Clarkson showed flashes of talent bursts of improvement early in his career(I know, it's still early in his career) and it increased expectations(talking from a fans pov(plus, posters on this board tend to be very polar, win a game, the team is winning the cup, lose a game and they are missing the playoffs). My feeling is that Clarkson's overall game seemed to take a step back while he has been trying to become a more complete player.

I like him on the team. The people thinking he is a second line player are expecting too much, but at times I do see flashes of second line player potential.

Would I be devistated if he was traded? no.

Just my take

joe

I pretty much totally agree with you except the flashes of 2nd line player talent. I just do not see it. He is a solid 3rd line player and is better than most comparable 3rd liners, I just do not see him being as good as people say he is on this board.