HBO 24/7 pens/caps

madams9

has anybody watched the HBO 4 part special 24/7 Pens/Caps? I missed it until after the winter classic and just finished it up last night. It was a pretty good series worth the time to watch.

That was the greatest hockey footage ever. Graphic and the sound was like being on the ice.

I hope they could continue this and do another 4 part special next year. On Puck Daddy Radio they discussed who should be covered next...one idea I liked was to follow the Islanders and Coyotes around. We saw two teams that are doing it the right way with the Pens and Caps...it would be interesting to see the inner workings of two teams who haven't had the best management and have had a pretty rocky history over the last decade.

I hope they could continue this and do another 4 part special next year. On Puck Daddy Radio they discussed who should be covered next...one idea I liked was to follow the Islanders and Coyotes around. We saw two teams that are doing it the right way with the Pens and Caps...it would be interesting to see the inner workings of two teams who haven't had the best management and have had a pretty rocky history over the last decade.

I'm sure that's exactly what those teams would want to do. Put their failing techniques/processes out there for the world to see. I would like to see the Red Wings on there...

How about 'Oil Change' on the NHL Network. Pretty good also. They are following the Oilers around the whole season. Just watched the episode where they had the fight against the Rangers at the Garden. if you liked 24/7, should check out this show.

Jordan Eberle and Taylor Hall share a place together and play lots of hockey video game, Oilers vs Oilers.

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=65827

How about 'Oil Change' on the NHL Network. Pretty good also. They are following the Oilers around the whole season. Just watched the episode where they had the fight against the Rangers at the Garden. if you liked 24/7, should check out this show.

Jordan Eberle and Taylor Hall share a place together and play lots of hockey video game, Oilers vs Oilers.

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=65827

My favorite episode is the one about the entry draft.. I love the planning and strategizing

HBO and the NHL should team up to cover the Premiere Games to kick off the 2011-12 season. Give the 24/7 treatment to the teams over there.

Also, if there was an HBO Game of the Week that pulled some of the trappings from the 24/7 series, my god that would be heavenly. Maybe a 30 pre-game show focusing on a couple players from each team, little behind-the-scenes moments and such, just to get to know the players. I don't care what the two teams would be every week.

I'd watch more hockey if someone added Pop-Up Video graphics and factoids throughout the games.

Loved it. Only drawback was that I had to see Sid and that stupid mustache. It was funny hearing him swear. Kinda like a little kid swaering just to be big man.

Mike

Edit: nevermind... i found it

My question is, where can I get one of those t-shirts that just have the team name and "hockey"? Caps and Pens players/coaches were both wearing them (Oilers players and staff have them in Oil Change), and I'm looking for a new Devils t-shirt.

I can only find them in "speedwick" material, not a regular t.

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4402878&cp=3176613&clickid=body_bestsell_txt

Edited by Jmorc2003