Ian White to San Jose

MantaRay

I'd be surprised if Lou moved anyone besides Arnott and maybe some prospects this year. The fact that we're winning now makes trading anything that more delicate.

Neither Greene nor Arnott will be here next year and we aren't making the playoffs. This run as much as I'm enjoying it, will end soon.

I don't see Greene coming back here unless he's willing to take a steep discount. Some team will offer him a 3-4 yr deal worth in the 2.5 per yr range.

Neither Greene nor Arnott will be here next year and we aren't making the playoffs. This run as much as I'm enjoying it, will end soon.

I don't see Greene coming back here unless he's willing to take a steep discount. Some team will offer him a 3-4 yr deal worth in the 2.5 per yr range.

Developing chemistry for next season is prety important. Right now we've got it developing. Playoffs or not, I'm sure Lou doesn't want to make a lot of trades and see the Devils pop and fizzle at the end of the season.

Developing chemistry for next season is prety important. Right now we've got it developing. Playoffs or not, I'm sure Lou doesn't want to make a lot of trades and see the Devils pop and fizzle at the end of the season.

Immaterial. He's not trading Zajac or Elias or Zubrus. The core group is playing fine which is most important. The Devils will win games if Arnott and Greene aren't here just as much as they would win if they were.

The problem was removed back in December with cutting MacLean and bringing Lemaire back.

Neither Greene or Arnott are integral pieces in the years going forward nor are they cost-effective. To keep them would be absolutely foolish. Greene is much more moveable with how Fayne has been playing and progressing. He replaces Greene as the cost-effective defenseman.

People get too tied up in complementary guys like Greene or UFA vets like Arnott without seeing the big picture.

Trading Arnott wouldn't really affect us that much. He really has been invisible for quite some time, but moving Greene is much riskier. Our defense, while it's been playing well lately, is still not that great. If we move Greene, it means that we'll have to play Salmela and Fraser every game until Corrente comes back, but even then, 2 of those 3 will play in each game. That's not a situation that seems ideal to me.

Right now, we have a top 4 that is playing pretty well and with Fayne playing the way he has, Salmela has really been the only liability on defense during this stretch. I'm comfortable having 1 guy on defense that is a bit of a liability because you can hide that weakness when the other 5 guys are playing well. Having 2 guys that aren't playing well consistently is much harder to hide and it also forces you to play your top 4 more, which tires them out and is detrimental to their play as well.

If we move Arnott, we can try to get a 5-6 dman to take the place of Salmela and if we can do that and get a guy in return that is less of a liability, then that will bolster our D. We don't really have anyone to take Arnott's place as the 3rd line center, but I guess it wouldn't hurt too much to put Mair in there or to put Zubrus in that sport and then move Zharkov up to that line. Either way, I think losing Arnott would impact this team far less than losing Greene would.

Honestly, if we keep up this play until the deadline, any moves are going to be a big gamble and Lou usually isn't one to take those kinds of chances. I wouldn't be too surprised if we don't make any moves come the deadline just because it'd be such a risk to change anything up when the team is playing so well with the current lineup.