Stan reports good news!

PeteyNice

On the pregame Stan said the Devils have signed a memorandum of understanding with Newark on the arena and that a "major press conference" will happen next Thursday and on Sunday in the paper there will be even more details.

Edited by PeteyNice

it's just Lou's way of stopping all this message board convo about Newark on here :D

man oh man how cool to have them 2 train stops away... well when I am home

and beats the snot out of Portland !!!

(now if only my PC Anywhere would WORK when I leave home :P )

What it inevitably comes down to is this:

Devils in Newark = fans can choose whether to go or not

Devils in another state = fans are essentially screwed, unless willing to move along with team

I'd sure rather have fans turn down the opportunity to go to Newark (at their choice, mind you) than have this team leave the state for good. Call me selfish because maybe I would attend games nonetheless, but I think it's also being realistic.

Maybe Newark isn't what you all want, but Newark may be the only chance for this team to stay in New Jersey. How could you honestly say you'd rather have this team MOVE to another state rather than moving IN state to a place that maybe not all of you enjoy as much as the CAA?

How could you honestly say you'd rather have this team MOVE to another state rather than moving IN state to a place that maybe not all of you enjoy as much as the CAA?

Wouldn't be the first time for me albeit I would rather them stay...I will save a load of cash tho either way :D

ND5...I was last in Newark the summer of 2002 for a work assignment...decided no job was worth being there...I also would NEVER work in NYC..I have turned down big buck jobs because there are more important things than money...anyway, I left forthwith and had not much difference of opinion...I wish people wouldn't assume that a Newark arena is Good for everyone or that everyone thinks it is good...maybe if topics were more in a diff direction they wouldn't be so abraiding...btw...the only folks I know who want EWR are on this forum...the folks I have made friends with since 82 at games are not going...that for me speaks volumes...these are full season tix holders...and they don't all live in bergen county either ;)

Edited by StarDew

To be honest, after the loss tonight, my whole thought process has been screwed up...

I wasn't surprised we lost, both because Larionov, and the bad no-helmet ref were on the ice.

----

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is good or bad....

I'm not too happy about this, but I'd like to see what happens.

I'd rather see the Devils at MSG than in Newark.

I was watching News 12 New Jersey last night and Kurt Sigler also mentioned that the Devils and the City of Newark have reached an preliminary agreement to build an arena. He also indicated that a major press conference was going to be called for next week to announce the deal.

All this guessing may finally be addressed sooner than we thought.

To be honest, after the loss tonight, my whole thought process has been screwed up...

I wasn't surprised we lost, both because Larionov, and the bad no-helmet ref were on the ice.

----

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is good or bad....

I'm not too happy about this, but I'd like to see what happens.

I'd rather see the Devils at MSG than in Newark.

Yea and Grizzly Adams had a beard.

You know, it's interesting... Just before I came here tonight, I was checking bus and train fares from Albany to Newark in case the arena ever got built. And now I find that it's a step closer to becoming reality. Coincidence? :D

you'd be amazed how easy the ride is actually... I do think the main amtrak NE Direct

goes right through Newark Penn... of course getting one on the way back you might be waiting a bit... but it's easier then the crappy NYC buses to the swamp !!